Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California

Go down 
+12
skullsmasher
sam
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Required Fields
Stender
Schbopo
tohostudios
XYZ
MusicTilDeath
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If California legalizes it, would they also manufacture it, like cigarettes? Or would it just be legal to possess it, home grown or not?

That would be weird. Imagine walking into a 7-11 in California and being able to pick up a pack of joints and some beef jerky.

The tobacco industry is probably already having brainstorming sessions trying to figure out how they can get in on it, and what catchy brand names and ad campaigns they can come up with.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Might as well legalize it... then the states can tax it and make money off of it.

There lies the problem. They can't tax what you grow in your house. You can grow it just as good as they can, if not better. They make more money off fines. It's the only reason it's still illegal. Alcohol and cigs kill 100 of thousands of people and they're legal. We can't grow tobacco as good as they can and pump it full of chemicals to get people addicted to it.

hypocrites.

All the government gotta do is make the price really really small so no one will even want to grow it. Make the price smaller than street dealers. Everyone will buy the less priced.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 am

I see the pros and cons. I certainly think that it should be decriminalized, and generally think it should be legalized. I'm with Nazgul, however, in worrying about it being the doorway to harder drugs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:20 am

MetalH wrote:
I see the pros and cons. I certainly think that it should be decriminalized, and generally think it should be legalized. I'm with Nazgul, however, in worrying about it being the doorway to harder drugs.

If you think marijuna is a grateway drug, you could say the same about liquor and nicotine. Those are both still legal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Yea, I don't buy into that "gateway drug" theory either. I smoked weed (years ago) and still drink, but never smoked cigarettes or did any other illegal drugs. Besides, legal or not, it's still a parents responsibility to educate their children about the negative effects of drug use. And really, don't you think this California law is directed to strictly marijuana smokers. You know the type, old hippies and Phish fans that just like to get baked and watch hours of cartoons?

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:27 pm

I've seen more people in my life get messed up on Prescription drugs (pain pills and/or tranquilizers) and booze than anything else. If it grows naturally...it's probably better for you in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:53 pm

MusicTilDeath wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Might as well legalize it... then the states can tax it and make money off of it.

There lies the problem. They can't tax what you grow in your house. You can grow it just as good as they can, if not better. They make more money off fines. It's the only reason it's still illegal. Alcohol and cigs kill 100 of thousands of people and they're legal. We can't grow tobacco as good as they can and pump it full of chemicals to get people addicted to it.

hypocrites.

All the government gotta do is make the price really really small so no one will even want to grow it. Make the price smaller than street dealers. Everyone will buy the less priced.

they make more money busting people and fining them, then selling the stuff right back into the country. Yes, i believe that happens. Not all the time, but some of the time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:37 pm

I used to have an opinion that it should be illegal but my best friend smoked it and he functioned all right with it. While I would personally never smoke the crap I don't see anything too bad with those who do (although they seem to do nothing but smoke in their free time but the conversations are interesting). I really don't know what to think aobut it anymore so I just let others argue (or as the old saying goes, "I'll leave that one to the philosophers").
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 pm

I agree that alcohol can be more deadly then marijauna but it's still possible to drink without being drunk. I also agree that not everyone who smokes it goes on to do harder stuff, but the chances go up 104times. Add to that the health issues that go with it and i'm wondering why we want it legalized. People complain that smokers and drinkers cost us money so why add this to it? Now, i'm very against abuse of any drug and there are laws against that abuse. I also work with troubled boys and the ratio of kids smoking pot and getting in trouble is estimated to be 50%-70% depending on the study. If the rationale is it doesn't stop anybody then we should take all the laws off the books.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 am

Quote :
I also agree that not everyone who smokes it goes on to do harder stuff, but the chances go up 104times.

People who get drunk do way dumber stuff and try way more stuff than any stoner. Most stoners stick to weed because they like it so much. Also, of course people who try pot might try other things, but it's surely not BECAUSE they smoked pot.
Back to top Go down
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
I also agree that not everyone who smokes it goes on to do harder stuff, but the chances go up 104times.

People who get drunk do way dumber stuff and try way more stuff than any stoner. Most stoners stick to weed because they like it so much. Also, of course people who try pot might try other things, but it's surely not BECAUSE they smoked pot.

+1. I don't see how anything that gets your drunk is legal. You aren't in control of your actions. With marijuna, like DallasBlack said, you are in control. The chances go up 104times for beer, not weed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: