Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

California Fires

Go down 
+4
TheGooch
T-Roy
kmorg
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 am

Hopefully none of you guys here from Cali are anywhere near those devastating fires. Man, what a scary situation. Sad

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21405632/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:34 am

This is headline news even in Norway. Aweful stuff.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:55 pm

Lord, please protect any members affected by this, be with and protect
all the people being evacuated. Help the weather conditions change
Jesus, and give strength and protection to the fire fighters. Amen.
Back to top Go down

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 2:38 pm

One of my best friends lives in San Diego. I just realized last night that these fires are near San Diego, so I shot off an e-mail. Good thing is, she's sort of a hippie-type, so if he apartment burned down she wouldn't lose much. Haha.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 4:29 pm

headline news here in uk and they had a clip of britney spears saying it had not touched her home like it was all she cared about what about all the people who cannot afford to buy a new house like she could. god she is such a bad rolemodel
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm

The company I work for HQ is in San Diego (I work for the company in the DC area, where we actually have more people), they've had the offices closed since Monday. Our group admin lost her house in the fires. We don't know about other folks in our business unit. I'm a Sr Technical Recruiter and support a group in San Diego and I haven't heard much from them the past 2 days (other than a few emails sent via blackberry to approve job offers).

The last time I talked to anyone (voice) in the group was monday AM when they were evacuating the campus. The person I was talking to said you could smell the smoke inside the building. The roads where a mess - people had to stop driving because they couldn't see through the smoke.

If anyone on the forum is based in San Diego, I wish you well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:34 pm

i saw on the news earlier how one tv reporter reported the fires while watching his own house butn down
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 8:01 pm

I have a bunch of friends going to college in San Diego. Some of them said that they had to shut down the schools cause of so much fire. And there's relief centers set up every few blocks.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:09 am

my mother & sister live in LA.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 7:28 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I have a bunch of friends going to college in San Diego. Some of them said that they had to shut down the schools cause of so much fire. And there's relief centers set up every few blocks.

dint the fires burn down a loads of shelters cos it spread so fast. the tv seems more interested in informing us which celebrity homes are at risk. whoopy doo!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:11 am

shelters, as in homes, yes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:58 am

I live near Disneyland not really by any of the fires but the smoke traveled to wear i live and it really sucked for a few days. Actually the wind was really bad too, we get these winds called the santa ana's and they are like 80 - 90 miles per hour sometimes. Thanks to all concerned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

California Fires Empty
PostSubject: Re: California Fires   California Fires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

California Fires
Page 1 of 1