Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California

Go down 
+12
skullsmasher
sam
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
Required Fields
Stender
Schbopo
tohostudios
XYZ
MusicTilDeath
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MusicTilDeath
Metal novice
Metal novice
MusicTilDeath

Number of posts : 36

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Empty
PostSubject: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:22 pm

There's a bill, and if it gets approved, Marijuna will be legal for 21 and older, just like beer.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:27 pm

It is against federal law to possess or smoke marijuana. Federal law > state law; therefore, marijuana will not be legal in California.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Personally, I don't have a problem with this.

If alcohol is legal for a certain age, I think pot should be too.

I've used/abused both in my lifetime and I seriously think alcohol caused me more problems and potential problems.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

XYZ makes a good point.

A small town here in MO recently voted MJ legal because the mayor has cancer and is undergoing chemo. THe state said it didn't care what Podunkcity said, the state law trumps the town law.

Same thing with CA vs USA.

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:40 pm

It's already legal for Marijuana to be prescribed medically in several states (including California).

They just changed the law here in Austin last week, that if you're caught possessing less than an ounce they won't even take you to jail, they'll just confiscate it and write you a ticket for a misdemeanor.

It's about time I say. Instead of doctors prescribing millions of addictive narcotic tranquilizers every year...just give 'em some pot.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Big deal. It's not like legality is stopping anyone.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I'm not really surprised...Salvia is legal here in oregon which is basically used like weed but has the power of LSD or ambineta/cyanises.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:04 pm

It should definitely have been legal a hell of a long time ago, anyways. This legalization is long, long overdue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:43 am

If it does expect a boost in fast food sales.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:50 am

I have a friend that lived in California for many years and just returned. He told me that they have "medicinal pot stores" there, and that people pass their medical cards around and go shopping. I don't know if this is true or not, you'd think they'd at least ID people to make sure they had the right "patient".
As far as Federal law trumping state law, I think it's a matter of how badly the Feds want to push any patricular matter in the courts etc. For example I believe that the Abortion laws in North Dakota are now much more restrictive than most other states, and I don't believe that the Feds have challenged this as far as I know. This may change with the new administration.
I know sometimes State laws that are contrary to Federal are allowed to stand, but the Feds choose to withhold funding of certain programs from the State as a consequence.
I may be wrong about much of this. If anyone has followed these issues more closely I'd be curious to know more about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:08 am

Might as well legalize it... then the states can tax it and make money off of it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Might as well legalize it... then the states can tax it and make money off of it.

That's right, and i personally believe if people are gonna smoke cigarettes or drink it should be taxed the hell out of also. Things that are bad for health should be taxed heavily instead of taxing necessities so much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That's right, and i personally believe if people are gonna smoke cigarettes or drink it should be taxed the hell out of also. Things that are bad for health should be taxed heavily instead of taxing necessities so much.

Depending on where you live some states/cities already tax the hell out of cigarettes and booze... I think in NYC nowadays a pack of smokes will set you back about eight bucks, one kidney, and your first born child Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Depending on where you live some states/cities already tax the hell out of cigarettes and booze... I think in NYC nowadays a pack of smokes will set you back about eight bucks, one kidney, and your first born child Laughing

LOL!!!!!! I do agree with you that pot should be legal and tax the hell out of it - maybe use the tax to pay off all of these corp bailouts.....
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:58 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

LOL!!!!!! I do agree with you that pot should be legal and tax the hell out of it - maybe use the tax to pay off all of these corp bailouts.....

agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm going to be the voice that thinks it's a bad idea. My friends and I gave a lot of years to the wacky weed and i'm the only one out of a core group of five of us who didn't go onto seriously hard drugs. There were some in the bigger group who didn't and I know, not everyone does that, but most who do start with pot so why make that door available. And you can't really equate pot with alcohol as it's possible to drink some and not be drunk but you can't smoke and not be high. Not trying to fight but i've seen way too much negative that started with pot and i'm really glad it wasn't legal when I was into it as it would have made stopping so much harder.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:29 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
I'm going to be the voice that thinks it's a bad idea. My friends and I gave a lot of years to the wacky weed and i'm the only one out of a core group of five of us who didn't go onto seriously hard drugs. There were some in the bigger group who didn't and I know, not everyone does that, but most who do start with pot so why make that door available. And you can't really equate pot with alcohol as it's possible to drink some and not be drunk but you can't smoke and not be high. Not trying to fight but i've seen way too much negative that started with pot and i'm really glad it wasn't legal when I was into it as it would have made stopping so much harder.

Good point, I have seen this first hand too. I do feel that maybe it should be de-criminalized rather than legalized. I don't feel like a person should be in jail or a felon for some weed though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:44 pm

How many people are killed by drunk drivers every year?

Alcohol is a much harsher drug. I've had nights drinking where I don't remember anything, yet kept functioning for hours. That doesn't happen from getting high.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Quote :
Big deal. It's not like legality is stopping anyone.

Quote :

I agree on both points. I wish more states would decriminilize weed. People are gonna get high no matter what. So why not let them do it legally and make some money on it.

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

There lies the problem. They can't tax what you grow in your house. You can grow it just as good as they can, if not better. They make more money off fines. It's the only reason it's still illegal. Alcohol and cigs kill 100 of thousands of people and they're legal. We can't grow tobacco as good as they can and pump it full of chemicals to get people addicted to it.

hypocrites.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

There lies the problem. They can't tax what you grow in your house. You can grow it just as good as they can, if not better. They make more money off fines. It's the only reason it's still illegal. Alcohol and cigs kill 100 of thousands of people and they're legal. We can't grow tobacco as good as they can and pump it full of chemicals to get people addicted to it.

hypocrites.

If California legalizes it, would they also manufacture it, like cigarettes? Or would it just be legal to possess it, home grown or not?

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Not sure. When alaska passed their law, you could grow 4 ounces of it.

California already manufactures it, and some places it's legal to grow up to 25 plants. Just not with the feds of course.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 pm

sam wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

agree.

I agree also. No one has ever over-dosed on marijuana. I think alcohol is more deadly than mary jane. Let's make it legal and tax it so much to help this country. I think it'll put the DEA out of commission, and that's probably one of the reasons why it's still illegal, to fight a drug war that will never end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:11 pm

Quote :
I think alcohol is more deadly than mary jane

You don't have to think about that, you're right.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:58 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
I think alcohol is more deadly than mary jane

You don't have to think about that, you're right.

humble
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California   Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannabis (Marijuna might become legal in California
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next