Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:42 am

James B. wrote:
Just began flippin through "A Dance With Dragons" by George R.R Martin The 5th installment of "A Song Of Ice And Fire" Aparently it runs parallel to the last book. Which explains a lot to me.

That's a fantasy series, yes? Any good? I'm always on the lookout for a good fantasy series...

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 am

Amazingly good! I can't decide if it's better than LOTR, but it's close. It has less magic and mystical things (although it does have some) than LOTR, but each character is extremely well written. Can't recommend this enough.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 am

Don't Put Me In Coach by Mark Titus

Story of a benchwarmer on Ohio State's basketball team. Apparently he has a famous blog but after reading his book I doubt I'll check it out. Just seemed like the kind of guy you'd want to punch out after spending anytime with him. And apparently some of his teammates tried to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten)'s autobiography, "ROTTEN: No Irish - No Blacks - No Dogs"

I have that book, excellent book and interesting biography

I dunno, I just returned it to the library without finishing it. It was very dry to me, I would have expected Mr. Rotten to be a livelier storyteller.

Will be starting another book on the British Punk era called "England's Dreaming" (dunno the author name off the top of my head) sometime this weekend.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten)'s autobiography, "ROTTEN: No Irish - No Blacks - No Dogs"

I have that book, excellent book and interesting biography

I dunno, I just returned it to the library without finishing it. It was very dry to me, I would have expected Mr. Rotten to be a livelier storyteller.

Will be starting another book on the British Punk era called "England's Dreaming" (dunno the author name off the top of my head) sometime this weekend.

I enjoyed it and thought it was interesting, very different from the image.

I also have that book 'England's Dreaming' another book I loved, and interesting look at the cultural that spawned the Sex Pistols and the English punk movement
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:30 am

manny wrote:
I also have that book 'England's Dreaming' another book I loved, and interesting look at the cultural that spawned the Sex Pistols and the English punk movement

Yeah, it was a good one, liked it better than "Rotten." Sounds like England was not a very nice place to be in the 1970s...

Just finished: Tony Iommi, Iron Man

Just Started: So What? The Official Metallica Illustrated Chronicle

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Yeah, it was a good one, liked it better than "Rotten." Sounds like England was not a very nice place to be in the 1970s...

Just finished: Tony Iommi, Iron Man

Just Started: So What? The Official Metallica Illustrated Chronicle

FF if you get a chance, get or watch the documentary 'The Filth and the Fury' directed by Julien Temple and authorized by the Sex Pistols, excellent docu and Johnny Rotten even tears up at the memory of Sid Vicious.

Currently reading Aerosmith: The Ultimate Illustrated History of the Boston Bad Boys by Richard Bienstock
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:39 am

Quote :
FF if you get a chance, get or watch the documentary 'The Filth and the Fury' directed by Julien Temple and authorized by the Sex Pistols

I've seen some bits of that, never the whole film though. It used to turn up on the Sundance or Independent Film Channel every once in a while and I wanted to record it but I kept missing it.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:13 am

Pilgrims Progress by Paul Bunyan

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:13 am

The Journey of Shannarah - Isle Witch (Brooks)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:45 pm

The Games - Ted Kosmatka

Genetic dabbling gone awry - very good page turner.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm

W.A.R.: the Unauthorized biography of William Axl Rose by Mick Wall
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Started a horror/sci-fi novel called "Feed" by Mira Grant last night... it takes place in the near future, 20 some-odd years after a zombie apocalypse...America is slowly rebuilding itself (though large sections of the country have been abandoned and left to the "infected") and the story follows a team of youthful "bloggers" following a new candidate for president on the campaign trail.

I was hooked when I glanced at the first sentence while in the library:

"Our story opens where countless stories have ended in the last twenty-six years: with an idiot -- in this case, my brother Shaun -- deciding it would be a good idea to go out and poke a zombie with a stick to see what happens."

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm

finished Star Wars Apocalypse now im reading

It's So Easy & Other Lies - Duff McKagan

got a lot of time to read now that im recovering from surgery
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Odd Thomas - Koontz

Very good! Not great, but very good. It was my first Koontz read. I'll have to check out more of his stuff.

I've been in a reading lull because I've read Game of Thrones series over and over and Lovecraft over and over and LOTR over and over and those are my absolute favorites, and I'm just worried that nothing else will grab me like those ones. So, I'm getting away from those genres again. So far, so good.

I like Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy and don't mind when they mix. Let me know of any stellar things I should read.

Fat Freddy gave me the next thing I'm gonna check out. That "Feed" sounds good. I love Zombie stuff.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Started a horror/sci-fi novel called "Feed" by Mira Grant last night... it takes place in the near future, 20 some-odd years after a zombie apocalypse...America is slowly rebuilding itself (though large sections of the country have been abandoned and left to the "infected") and the story follows a team of youthful "bloggers" following a new candidate for president on the campaign trail.

I was hooked when I glanced at the first sentence while in the library:

"Our story opens where countless stories have ended in the last twenty-six years: with an idiot -- in this case, my brother Shaun -- deciding it would be a good idea to go out and poke a zombie with a stick to see what happens."

Oh my is this a great series, put Deadline on hold immediately and book three Blackout comes out this month!
What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 25679
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:44 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Fat Freddy gave me the next thing I'm gonna check out. That "Feed" sounds good. I love Zombie stuff.

I'm about 100 pages in to this "Feed" so far and I'm diggin' it. Sorta like a high tech version of "The Walking Dead."

martinsane wrote:
Oh my is this a great series, put Deadline on hold immediately and book three Blackout comes out this month!

Is it really? Cool! I know the library has the 2nd book in the series, so as soon as I'm done with this one I will definitely move on to the next.

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I'm about 100 pages in to this "Feed" so far and I'm diggin' it. Sorta like a high tech version of "The Walking Dead."

martinsane wrote:

Is it really? Cool! I know the library has the 2nd book in the series, so as soon as I'm done with this one I will definitely move on to the next.

It tis' it tis! I know I mowed through them...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:56 am

Checked this out at the library over the weekend. The professor who wrote the book must have had elementary grade students in mind because his writing style is so weak and sometimes laughably anti-intellectual, but oh well:

God Is Not One: The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World

What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 416kCz6vm6L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Currently reading the new issue of Decibel Magazine.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Just finishing up "To Live Is To Die" not a bad little read about Metallica from a Cliff Burton percpective.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Under The Dome - Stephen King

Pretty good. It's got the King cliches and if the location changed and the author's name was hidden, I'm sure that regular King readers would recognize it as being King, but he had some great ideas.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Also picked back up The Pendragon Cycle book 4 Pendragon by Stephen Lawhead
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:27 am

Walk This Way by Aerosmith with Stephen Davis
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:33 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Draft_lens10765221module98153421photo_1272613288Big_Image_Ayn_rand

an amazing example of her non-fiction, and,

What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Time-eternity-william-lane-craig-paperback-cover-art

a book that the church needs to replace half of it's Sunday School classes with in order to encourage some needed thinking and address some needed inquiry, but won't, because of the strange Protestant penchant for rotting where one stands. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next