Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
John Carter of Mars Volume 1 by Edgar Rice Burroughs

headbanger
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Just finished Shock Totem #4 (yeah, I'm slow) Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Currently in the midst of Roger Moore's autobiography, "My Word Is My Bond"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Took me way too long but I just finished "A Feast For Crows" by George R R Martin

It sat for a few months untouched in my den. Picked it up earlier this week and got bitten by that bug, so to speak. I didn't find it as compelling as the previous books in the series, but after 4 books on a particular storyline.....one should be able to get the way a writer does his craft. I can only hope the next one is better.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Stranger In A Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Fighting My Way Back: Thin Lizzy '69-'76 by Martin Popoff
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:33 pm

The New Rebellion handbook.."A holy Christian Uprising"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Hail to the Chief: The Making and Unmaking of American Presidents by Robert Dallek
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Just started:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 51885-TCqPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Just started:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 51885-TCqPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_

Read that a couple of years ago, excellent overview of the politically machinery of the Nazi regime
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Manny, the book looks like a daunting task, but I think I will be rewarded for it. I was inspired to pick it up because of Lemmy Kilmister, he loves the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:58 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 51podn10

Christianity: The first three thousand years - interesting read so far, easy to read scholarly work. The history in the book starts 1000 years before the birth of Christ and recounts the development of the Old Testament.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Bringing Metal to the Children: The Complete Berzerker's Guide to World Tour Domination by Zakk Wylde
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Just finished a very short read:

Jack Kennedy: The Illustrated Life of a President by Chuck Wills (one of those books that feature reproductions of Pres's letters, etc)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Just finished Alice Cooper's "Golf Monster" yesterday, a very entertaining read.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just finished Alice Cooper's "Golf Monster" yesterday, a very entertaining read.

I got that for Christmas need to read that soon
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Star Trek - Federation

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Quote :
Stranger In A Strange Land - Robert A. Heinlein.

Grok!

Very weird story...and remember I was a teenager and this was decades ago so give me some slack...I used to bite the skin around my nails pretty heavily and one time a drew major blood. I called my dog over and let her lap up the blood, all the while saying "Grok, grok, grok..." For the rest of her life, if I said "Grok" she'd come running. Of course, I usually just had a bone or piece of bacon or something, but sometimes it was still blood. She never forgot that powerful, magical all-purpose word.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

Under 35: The New Generation of American Poets (1989) edited by Nicholas Christopher

'Scuse me While I Kiss the Sky: Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child by David Henderson (updated 2008 edition)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Bringing Metal to the Children: The Complete Berzerker's Guide to World Tour Domination by Zakk Wylde

How is this?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Just began flippin through "A Dance With Dragons" by George R.R Martin The 5th installment of "A Song Of Ice And Fire" Aparently it runs parallel to the last book. Which explains a lot to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am

John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten)'s autobiography, "ROTTEN: No Irish - No Blacks - No Dogs"

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 am

Just wrapped up Choosing Death, a little bio of Death Metal and the forefathers of the genre through 2003. Good read and a nice little history family tree of the DM scene.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten)'s autobiography, "ROTTEN: No Irish - No Blacks - No Dogs"

I have that book, excellent book and interesting biography
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 am

manny wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Just started:

Read that a couple of years ago, excellent overview of the politically machinery of the Nazi regime

Another excellent book that looks at the inner workings and ideology of Hitler and the Nazi regime is Hitler 1936-1945: Nemesis by Ian Kershaw.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next