Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 12:16 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Tosches
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:37 am

Borrowed a book called "Babylon Is Burning: From Punk To Grunge" from the library over the weekend. Basically it's a history of Punk Rock starting with the proto-punk bands like the Stooges and the MC5, right thru the CBGB/New York bands of the 70s, the English punk scene, and into the 90s with Nirvana and the Seattle bands. Pretty interesting stuff thus far.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Currently re-reading The Great Gatsby. One of the finest books ever written imo.

Picked that up again recently... haven't made it all the way through, but it's a book I want to read without any distractions and in a solid block (rather than a couple of pages before bedtime!)

Also reading the biography William Wallace: Braveheart.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:50 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Let the Right One In by John Lindqvist

It's a vampire novel set in Sweden (Swedish author, Swedish setting! Smile ) Very interesting combination of vampire-based horror, murder mystery, and coming-of-age. Awesome read. I want to see the movie too.

I read that too -found it disturbing in some parts! Interesting that it's set in the late 70s/early 80s, too. Atmosphere to burn, though, and very readable.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Mustaine by that thrash metal guy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Pilgrims Progress - Bunyan

ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:18 am

Just finished "Mustain."

About to start "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years" by Don Miller.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:55 am

And I'm reading The Great Gatsby yet again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
And I'm reading The Great Gatsby yet again. Laughing

that book and Beowulf I cannot read for a really really long time. I had to read it too many times in school and college...

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Mustaine's book. One chapter left, after that it's on to Steven Adler's while simultaneously reading Martin Popoff's Top 500 Heavy Metal Songs of All Time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 10:26 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
George Carlin's Last Words.

Hope to be starting that one later this week.

Finished this one up last night. Good insight on George's personal life which ends on a sad note with a big project he had in the works that will now never happen. Highly recommended for fans of the man.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Im reading Star Wars: Fatal Alliance then itll be back to the Chris Farley book
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Just started a couple of books: The Moon Pool by Abraham Merritt. Merritt was one of the guys that was a big influence on Lovecraft, and Monster Hunter International by Larry Correia, which is pretty entertaining action story about a gun nut recruited into a monster-hunting company after he survives a werewolf attack.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:17 pm

The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls by Vermes. I've had that book on my shelf for over a decade, finally decided to read it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:42 pm

You know I can read fluently but when it comes to books my concentration tends to drift off and I forget what I read.

That is why I read only news papers and even then I mostly browse.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:33 am

"The Show I Never Forgot," edited by Sean Manning. This is an anthology of essays in which 50 different writers describe their most memorable live music experiences. Not much in the way of metal bands in it (the two "heaviest" bands in the book thus far have been Led Zeppelin and Queen) but it's been a good read nonetheless. Some of the remembrances have been funny, some have been sad, but they've all been interesting.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:05 am

just started reading 'They March Into Sunlight' by David Marainss
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 am

Im back to the Chris Farley Show since i couldnt finish the Star Wars novel before it was due back at the library I might put another hold on it so i can finish out the last 153 pages of it

With the Chris Farley book I wont be surprised if i finish that at the end of the week its an easy read and very enjoyable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

almost finished with "Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said" by Phillip K. Dick.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:45 am

Destiny's Rift by Sam Bowring

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Sutekh wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:
Let the Right One In by John Lindqvist

It's a vampire novel set in Sweden (Swedish author, Swedish setting! Smile ) Very interesting combination of vampire-based horror, murder mystery, and coming-of-age. Awesome read. I want to see the movie too.

I read that too -found it disturbing in some parts! Interesting that it's set in the late 70s/early 80s, too. Atmosphere to burn, though, and very readable.

It was disturbing (in a good way), but interesting because it was more about other things, like friendship and growing up, than it was about vampires! That being said, I'd put the 12-year-old vampire in this novel against the sparkly boys from Twilight any day of the week!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

"Awake in the Dark: The Best Of Roger Ebert" - a collection of the movie critic's best columns, reviews, and interviews from over 40 years of covering film. I may rarely agree with anything Roger says but I love the way he writes.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:47 am

The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 pm

None right now going to the library tomorrow hopin to find something to read

Last book I read was the Chris Farley Show which was a great read
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Motorhead "In The Studio"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next