Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am

"Schulz and Peanuts: A Biography" by David Michaelis

- the life story of cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, creator of Charlie Brown and the "Peanuts" gang. "Peanuts" was my favorite comic strip as a kid and I've always admired him, so this should be an interesting read.

If memory serves, his family was kinda pissed off about some of the revelations put forth in this book when it was published a few years ago. I haven't gotten to any "dirty laundry" yet but from what little I've read so far, it seems that ole Charles had a rather odd upbringing as a child in Minnesota...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

A bio of Jim Morrison written by Stephen Davis, already caught errors in the book that should be obvious such as songs on albums, wrong album titles,

the name of the book Jim Morrison: Life Death Legend, avoid.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:11 am

I want to get the new Steven Adler biography...

What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Steven_adler_book
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 am

Do you know when that one comes out? I've got an old B&N gift card that I need to use up and I've got vacation coming up. Gonna need some new reading material.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:17 pm

The Rocker by Mark Putterford
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Do you know when that one comes out? I've got an old B&N gift card that I need to use up and I've got vacation coming up. Gonna need some new reading material.

I think the Adler book is out this week. He's doing a book signing for it in my area on Wednesday. I was thinking about stopping by but I got a ton of other sh*t to do that day so it's probably not gonna happen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think the Adler book is out this week. He's doing a book signing for it in my area on Wednesday. I was thinking about stopping by but I got a ton of other sh*t to do that day so it's probably not gonna happen.

Yea, I looked it up. Tomorrow, July 27th as a matter of fact. I knew it was soon. Just not that soon. I think he's coming on the Howard Stern show this week to promote it as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:33 am

Steven and Chip Z'Nuff were on Howard this morning to promote the book. I think those 2 are connected at the hip these days. Anyhow, the book sounds like it will be pretty interesting. Steven's had some real problems and he's pretty open about talking about them. Adlers Appetite is playing in Philly tonight too after a book signing. Too bad I'm working.

I kinda feel sorry for the guy because he's practically begging for a GnR reunion. But on the other hand, he's the screw-up that couldn't keep it together. How bad do you have to be when they throw you out of Guns n' Roses because of drug use?

Metal novice
Metal novice
Starman

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 am

Steven James- The Bishop
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 am

Just started Gene Simmons-KISS and Make Up
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:47 am

George Carlin's Last Words.

Hope to be starting that one later this week.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Finishing the first issue of Shock Totem, so I can start on the second one soon.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:51 pm

"The Chris Farley Show" was a great read, it's mostly made up of interviews by his friends/brothers.

What the call girl did when she left him wasted (the day he died) is about as cold and ruthless as one can get!

started Steve Martin's "Born Standing Up"...so far so good
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 am

Currently re-reading The Great Gatsby. One of the finest books ever written imo.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:13 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Currently re-reading The Great Gatsby. One of the finest books ever written imo.

Love that book.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am

Have you seen the movie adaption with Mia Farrow and Robert Redford? It's pretty good, and it perfectly captures Fitzgerald's criticism on the decadence of the 1920s.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:05 pm

As of right now:

The Bible
Tales
(H.P. Lovecraft short stories)
The Federalist Papers
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 am

just read Blockade Billy by Stephen King
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:23 am

About to start:

Prophecy's Ruin by Sam Bowring

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:27 am

What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Flow-my-tears-the-policeman-said
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:56 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 The-chris-farley-show-01
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm

I'll be reading Conan - Red Nails as soon as it gets here from Amazon.com

What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 N21780
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 pm

England's Dreaming: Anarcy, Sex Pistols, Punk Rock, and Beyond by Jon Savage
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Have you seen the movie adaption with Mia Farrow and Robert Redford? It's pretty good, and it perfectly captures Fitzgerald's criticism on the decadence of the 1920s.

That book was required reading for me in high school. I think early on in high school, too. So, at least 20 years! We watched the movie, too. Both the book and movie were excellent from what I can remember!

I still need to get Mustaine and Adler's books.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 am

Let the Right One In by John Lindqvist

It's a vampire novel set in Sweden (Swedish author, Swedish setting! Smile ) Very interesting combination of vampire-based horror, murder mystery, and coming-of-age. Awesome read. I want to see the movie too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next