Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Dylan Thomas by George Tremlett
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:24 pm

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (book 2 of the Hunger Games)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 pm

Addy wrote:
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (book 2 of the Hunger Games)
I really liked that series.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 am

Recently got a Kindle - I like it so far! Currently reading:

Dead Or Alive - Tom Clancy
Holy Bible - NIV 2011 version
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:05 am

Picked up "Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica" by Mick Wall from the library yesterday. Looks like it should be a cool read.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Picked up "Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica" by Mick Wall from the library yesterday. Looks like it should be a cool read.

That book was the pick of the week from Eddie Trunk and his fellow towel swatters on 'That Metal Show'
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Steven Tyler - Does The Noise In My Head Bother You

Wargod
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:25 pm

What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Antich10
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:39 am

Nietzsche is one of the last honest atheists, and even though I have a different worldview, I respect that he never watered down his philosophy....I've wanted to read that book for a while.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:14 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Nietzsche is one of the last honest atheists, and even though I have a different worldview, I respect that he never watered down his philosophy....I've wanted to read that book for a while.

It comes coupled with Twilight of the Idols, and should be read directly after The Anti-Christ.
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Agincourt by Bernard Corwell

I read "Enter Night", "War of the Spider Queen IV:Extinction", & Road Warrior Animal's biography while at the beach. Next up will be "War as they knew it" about the unrest of the sixties & the Ohio State/Michigan rivalry.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Started Steven Tyler's "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" last night and I can see what MG was talkin' about, that Tyler kid can ramble. Some funny stuff thus far, but a lot of it sounds like the stream-of-consciousness blather you hear coming from a bum in a bus station. Reminds me of David Lee Roth's Crazy From The Heat, which I never finished because after a while I couldn't make heads or tails out of what the hell he was talkin' about half the time.

Geez you aren't kidding!!!! I liked the DLR book but I am not sure who is more scatter brained DLR or Steven Tyler!!!! I just began the book, and it starts out that way from page one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Started Steven Tyler's "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" last night and I can see what MG was talkin' about, that Tyler kid can ramble. Some funny stuff thus far, but a lot of it sounds like the stream-of-consciousness blather you hear coming from a bum in a bus station. Reminds me of David Lee Roth's Crazy From The Heat, which I never finished because after a while I couldn't make heads or tails out of what the hell he was talkin' about half the time.

Geez you aren't kidding!!!! I liked the DLR book but I am not sure who is more scatter brained DLR or Steven Tyler!!!! I just began the book, and it starts out that way from page one.

Glad I'm not the only one! It took me a while to finish Tyler's book because his constant rambling made it a pretty tough slog.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

The End of the Story - Clark Ashton Smith

Early Modern Europe: An Oxford History
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Rock the Roll: The Secrets of Culture-Driven Leadership - Arkadi Kuhlmann

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 pm

exact33 wrote:

Good old president of ING Direct. He came to the LA office once but didn't even speak to any of us, but he did walk by my little cubicle.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:23 am

Human Action - Ludwig Von Mises
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:42 am

GrandNational wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Good old president of ING Direct. He came to the LA office once but didn't even speak to any of us, but he did walk by my little cubicle.

I have seen him several times and met him personally a couple. A really nice guy.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:37 am

Currently reading 'I am Ozzy' and it is actually very funny and so far he seems in awe of Iommi, and admits he was a bit intimadated by the guitarist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:33 am

manny wrote:
Currently reading 'I am Ozzy' and it is actually very funny and so far he seems in awe of Iommi, and admits he was a bit intimadated by the guitarist.

Who wouldn't be? The man cut off his finger tips and said "Bollocks. I'll just invent a new sound instead". How metal is that!! What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 11840

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

Who wouldn't be? The man cut off his finger tips and said "Bollocks. I'll just invent a new sound instead". How metal is that!! What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 11840

That is one of many other reasons, another thing that made an impression on young Ozzy is during one their early gigs, Ozzy was about to get the sh!t kicked out of him by some big dude, and Iommi walks up to guy and takes a come of a minutes and pummels the guys, and then tells Ozzy to not to mention it again and tells him to get on with it, meaning to load up a van, another time Iommi runs into some critic that completely slammed Black Sabbbath in the press, and Iommi punches him out. Iommi's street fighting abilities seem to have made an impression on young Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Being a teacher, my wife ordered and received four Ayn Rand books for free from the Ayn Rand Institute. Anthem seems to be the only one that she can use for the grade level that she is teaching(7th & 8th). Once she decides, she will get a classroom set for free as well.

Looks like I'm gonna start some reading:

Anthem
We The Living
The Fountainhead
Atlas Shrugged

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:43 pm

manny wrote:

I m reading this on my iPad!!!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:46 pm

About to begin 'Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns n Roses' by Stephen Davis
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:05 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

That is one of many other reasons, another thing that made an impression on young Ozzy is during one their early gigs, Ozzy was about to get the sh!t kicked out of him by some big dude, and Iommi walks up to guy and takes a come of a minutes and pummels the guys, and then tells Ozzy to not to mention it again and tells him to get on with it, meaning to load up a van, another time Iommi runs into some critic that completely slammed Black Sabbbath in the press, and Iommi punches him out. Iommi's street fighting abilities seem to have made an impression on young Ozzy.

My respect level for Iommi just went up one more notch. I am in no way a violent person nor would advocate punching anyone for criticizing your music, but giving it to clueless music critic is badass considering the genius of this band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next