Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:44 am

Finished up No One Here Get's Out Alive last night. Heading down the shore for a few days and bringing...

Me, The Mob & The Music: One Helluva Ride With Tommy James & The Shondells

My brother got this for me for my birthday. Can't say I'm much of a Tommy James fan, but this could be an interesting read. Saw this interesting tidbit while scanning through some of the pics.

The Tommy James biggest hit 'Mony, Mony' got it's title from the Mutual of Omaha Insurance building in NYC. Big neon letters on the side of the building "MONY".

And now you know.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 1:58 pm

The Children of Hurin - Tolkien

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Ayn Rand - Anthem

Joseph B Lumpkin - The Lost Book of Enoch: A Comprehensive Transliteration of the Forgotten Book of the Bible

Secret Avengers #2
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:43 am

The Hero Of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 am

The Music Lover's Guide to Record Collecting by Dave Thompson -- picked this up @ the library over the weekend. I'm kinda disappointed in the near-total lack of metal in this book (not even a token mention of MegaForce or Neat Records in the section on "collectible indie labels?" For shame!) but otherwise it's a gold mine of useless trivia to geek out on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

Spider-Man Confidential: From Comic Icon to Hollywood Hero by Edward Gross
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

I just got a parts catalog and owners manual for 1936 EL Knucklehead by Harley Davidson. Reading thru those, wish I had the bike.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Ivanhoe. Interesting to read one of the starts of Robin Hood. Lots of historical fact in it also which is cool.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Just finished Neon Angel: A Memoir Of A Runaway by Cherie Currie.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:37 pm

The Passage - Justin Cronin

Decent Vampirish end times style book.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm currently reading How Few Remain: A Novel of the Second War Between the States by Harry Turtledove. Its an alternate history based on the premise that the South won the Civil War and the country divided into the United States in the north and the Confederate States in the south. The novel takes place in 1881. Anyone that is a history buff would really enjoy this. Turtledove has several series of alternate histories that are interesting "what if" books.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:31 pm

'The Golden Ratio' by Mario Livio
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Ancestor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 am

Forbidden Fruit by Erica Spindler
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:33 am

Quote :

Finished this last night. Not great, but some interesting insight on the music business and the early-ish days of rock n roll.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Reading 'High Fidelity' by Nick Hornby, great book
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 pm

"I Am Legend" - Richard Matheson

No idea how many times I've read this book in my life...but I enjoy it every time I do.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Been a while since I took the time to read a book but since I'm done with my Drew Carey DVDs and I've caught up with Fringe I recently picked up and have started:

What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 1_cCwgGdvTEL
I figured since Xanth novels are an easy read and I've read every one of them up til now, I'd ease back into reading with this. I figured in case I don't get a job in time, I'll have plenty of time to commit to reading.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Shock Totem Issue #2

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Just started 'Hellbent for Leather: Confessions of Heavy Metal Addicts' by Seb Hunter
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 11:00 am

Quote :
Just started 'Hellbent for Leather: Confessions of Heavy Metal Addicts' by Seb Hunter

I couldn't get through this. It may have been the worst book I've ever gotten from the dollar bin. I thought it had too much of a "what a loser I was being into metal" and now I'm cool writing about it and mocking it. Maybe it got better later on but I didn't go more than a few chapters before chucking it.

Quote :

Finished this last night. Not great, but some interesting insight on the music business and the early-ish days of rock n roll.

I'm probably biased since my mom grew up in Niles, Mi and was friends with him, but I really liked it. Very quick read. It was also interesting to learn how K-Tel records got started. Only the mob could come up with a way to skim from their own business like that.

I'm reading Our Band Could Be Your Life - Scenes from the American Indie Underground 1981-1991. Just an overview and history of bands like Black Flag, Replacements, and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:53 pm

lessons from the land of pork scratchings by greg gutfeld.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I agree jstate that Seb Hunter seems to be ashamed that he was once a metal fan but then as you read the book he at turns mocks at and seems to still have a love for it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Instinct - (author?) Virus threat type book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next