Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend me some Keith Green

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Recommend me some Keith Green Empty
PostSubject: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 9:29 pm

I have some friends who keep asking me if I've ever listened to him and that I need to get some of his stuff ASAP.
So any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm

No one knows or likes Keith Green's music I guess?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm

He's not my cuppa tea, but I recognize the name from Ult's site...go there

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/keithgreen.htm

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:16 pm

His discography lasted only 5 years so the difference between his first album and his last is practically none. So IMO you cant go wrong with anything you get. I have the ministry years of '77-'79 and '80 to '82. Between those 2 double discs, you would have about 98% or everything he ever released.
My two faves are:
For He Who Has Ears To Hear
So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt

but they are all good.

But I must warn you: he doesnt really rock like you would associate with "rockin out" and his lyrics hit you between the eyes with the gospel of Jesus Christ (which is the way I like it). Not for the faint of heart.....
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Definately an artist that helped usher in rock and metal music within the christian scene. His lyrics were awesome. My parents used to jam him all the time when they first became Christians. I've heard that when he first started his music was pretty controversial.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Ult could post which to start with - I'm not a huge fan, but a lot of christians are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend me some Keith Green   Recommend me some Keith Green Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend me some Keith Green
Page 1 of 1