Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommend some Mystic Prophecy

Go down 
+4
7thSaviour
Lari
kmorg
Wargod
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Like the sound of the new one so i'll order it but what older ones should I get? I thought they only had like three albums out.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:18 pm

I'd get Savage Souls to me their 2nd best cd out unless you want to hear MP with Gus G then get Never Ending.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Is the difference very noticeable. Maybe i'll order both of those.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:36 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Is the difference very noticeable. Maybe i'll order both of those.

To me there is a difference but both are still good I have every MP cd anyway I love Gus G but after he left they turned it up a few notches! MP with Gus is more of melodic guitar style after he left the guitar sound got a bit heavier and more darker.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I only own "Regressus", but it was good the last time I listened to it.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm in the same situation. I only have Fireangel (the 2 disc version). I've seen a two-in-one package with Savage Souls/Satanic Curses. Also Never Ending. I could end up getting all of them. A great band from what I've heard.

Anyway, if you like the Mystic Prophecy sound, you must do yourself a favour and hunt down Valley's Eve - Deception of Pain. That is a monster of an album - it is in my top ten of the noughties. Aggressive power metal with R.D. Liapakis on vocals.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 pm

All their albums kick ass! Recommend some Mystic Prophecy 778825
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 5:47 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

What he said.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Lari wrote:
I'm in the same situation. I only have Fireangel (the 2 disc version). I've seen a two-in-one package with Savage Souls/Satanic Curses. Also Never Ending. I could end up getting all of them. A great band from what I've heard.

Anyway, if you like the Mystic Prophecy sound, you must do yourself a favour and hunt down Valley's Eve - Deception of Pain. That is a monster of an album - it is in my top ten of the noughties. Aggressive power metal with R.D. Liapakis on vocals.

To bad Valley's Eve only put out 1 cd and I have it.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 pm

bgast1 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

What he said.
Atta boy, Bob! Recommend some Mystic Prophecy 604261
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 pm

I just got Savage Souls and Satanic Curses for $15 total. I have a feeling Mystic Prophecy will be among my top favourite bands soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:00 am

I ended up getting Regressus also. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:33 am

Savage Souls and Regressus kick ass! 9/10 each!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:00 pm

My Savage Souls CD came with a bonus DVD. I wasn't expecting it since it wasn't mentioned anywhere when I ordered, but a nice surprise, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Lari wrote:

Man that valley's eve is a monster of an album. I am so lucky to have it in my collection headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 am

Well, I'm impressed! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 am

I ordered me a copy of killhammer. Love this band!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 5:13 am

candlemass wrote:
Well, I'm impressed! headbanger

That IS a killer song!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Of the more recent material, I love the song Cross of Lies off of Ravenlord:

Wargod wrote:
Lari wrote:

To bad Valley's Eve only put out 1 cd and I have it.

Wargod50

They actually have 3, but yeah, the other two aren't that special. Much more proggy and pretentious, and Lia's singing isn't as awesome as it becomes later on, though there's some good bits too.

And yes, I know the post I'm replying to is 8 years old.

Since that post 9th January in 2010, I've bought every Mystic Prophecy, Valley's Eve and Devil's Train album and become quite a RD Liapakis fanboy. I think the best he ever put out was probably MP's Savage Souls as that's just an aggressive, heavy power metal juggernaut. Valley's Eve's 3rd CD and a couple other 'Prophecy' CDs are also 10/10 and brilliant. Excellent stuff. But that one takes the cake.

It's probably easier to list stuff for newbies to avoid. Those first 2 'Eve' albums definifely, and Devil's Train isn't all that mind-blowing either (just kind of run-of-the-mill), and then Prophecy's Vengeance and Never-Ending albums. Those aren't their strongest.

But all the rest is gold. Fireangel, Satanic Curses, Ravenlord... I love all those albums. And they are still going very strong. Here are two promo videos they did for their latest album, War Brigade:

METAL BRIGADE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxfNOVZh4B4
THE CRUCIFIC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1xm4JzmnQw

This band is not slowing down.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Ravenlord is an amazing album. I was lucky to find a used copy of it in Paris for less than 7 euros.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Killhammer came out almost exactly the same time I got my first son.

Fond memories of that, even if the title doesn't exactly scream happy family life lol!

There are albums that end up meaning a lot to different people, and a lot of times it's pure coincidence. This one I have taken to heart. Somehow the aggression was a good way to vent once the baby was asleep and I got my headphones on. I'll play it to him once he's older. He's four now and already likes Axxis better than kids' music. But there's still work to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommend some Mystic Prophecy   Recommend some Mystic Prophecy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommend some Mystic Prophecy
Page 1 of 1