Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Empty
PostSubject: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 5:57 pm

Has anyone else picked up the new Rush album Snakes and Arrows yet? If you have what do you think about it? I'm listening to it right now...and it is Awesome! 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Only listened to it twice so far but I can already tell it's amazing. The Main Monkey Business stands out as a favorite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Pickinerup on payday...how's Lifeson's instrumentals?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Yes. After listening to 'Far Cry' about a 100x's 'Snakes and Arrows' has arrived.... And went ride into my cd player. If you only bought a digital download (which I did for the single) you've missed so much depth to the production. Which really is amazing.

'snakes' does follow the style of 'vapor trails' and 'test for echo', but the material here does feel fresher (I guess that's what happens when only spend what? 6 weeks or so recording it as oppossed to 14 MONTHS.....

we have guitar solos on this disc. which simply sound fantastic. The instrumentals are all very good... definatley 'Malignant Narcissim' is the best one.

This feels to me musically to be a combination of current style with some traditional rock/metal elements brought in.

Lyrically very very... Agnostic/Atheistic.... 'spiritual' is how Neil described it. Yet very much not 'judeo/christian' worldview... but there are parts where I could easily see how it could be... imo....

I really like this disc. The best since 'pictures' only time will tell... I'll still go see them in concert. They're the best...

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 1:41 am

The album arrived last Friday, and I can totally agree with mr.electric39. It is awesome. The comparison between Vapor Trails and Test for Echo is good. I can highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 2:24 am

not their best by far, but then again, i've never been a huge fan either.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:00 am

I heard one song and i like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 12:51 am

picked it up today, I'm liking it.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:03 am

There will be a new Live album out next week:

Quote :
The Snakes and Arrows LIVE double CD set will now be released on April 15th, 2008.

http://rush.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!   Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush - Snakes and Arrows, out today!
Page 1 of 1