Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question...

Go down 
+5
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
mc666
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Question... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don't know why but sometimes Doug Pinnick's singing gets on my nerves, especially when he does too many of those James Brown screams. I do like the majority of his singing though.

Doug Pinnick IMO under rated vocalist, this guy is so good Ritchie Blackmore wanted him to replace vocal god Ian Gillan.

Also good point on the Phil, he does sound great on those Down albums, maybe that is due to Pepper's influence.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Quote :
Also good point on the Phil, he does sound great on those Down albums, maybe that is due to Pepper's influence.

I think he's slowing down (no pun intended) with age.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Either that or all that cannibas he smoked has mellowed him out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Quote :
detuned alot of people share your opinion of Eddie Vedder, but I have always liked his voice, sings with alot of passion.

He did a great cover of the Who's "Love, Reign o'er Me" from the movie with Adam Sandler.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:47 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

I think it would be more the heroin than the pot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

manny wrote:

He needs to smoke some more.

I can't listen to Down because of him, if Pepper was the vocalist I'd love it...or course then it would basically be C.O.C.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Their are some vocalist that I did not care for later grew to appreciate, examples:

Jon Anderson of Yes
James Labrie of Dream Theatre
Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Udo Dirkschendier

Now I think they are all cool and unique singers.

Last edited by manny on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:50 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

I can't listen to Down because of him, if Pepper was the vocalist I'd love it...or course then it would basically be C.O.C.

Very Happy

Why? I don't hear anything annoying in his vocals with Down. Pepper is good but he's not that great. He comes from the same southern style Phil is doing.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:54 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

Very Happy

He also needs to shut up when he performs live, I saw his crappy side project Sh!tty Joint Ritual and all he did the entire show was b!tch about the venue, used the 'f' word every other word, and proclaimed himself the king of metal. Plus I watched that Behind the Music episode about Pantera and he came across like an idiot, during the segement where he says "You have to be crazy to mess with the kid" or whatever the hell he was saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't know what it is...there's just something about Phil's voice that bothers me. Sorry I can't articulate it any better than that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:59 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

Very Happy

He also needs to shut up when he performs live, I saw his crappy side project Sh!tty Joint Ritual and all he did the entire show was b!tch about the venue, used the 'f' word every other word, and proclaimed himself the king of metal. Plus I watched that Behind the Music episode about Pantera and he came across like an idiot, during the segement where he says "You have to be crazy to mess with the kid" or whatever the hell he was saying.

Phil's all over the place vocally with me. I liked him on the 1st few Pantera albums, then he took a nose-dive with the last few. He's rebounded nicely in Down, but I can't take his screaming on those SuperJoint Ritual albums be did. The little I heard was terrible and was even worse when I saw them live at OzzFest.

Quote :
Plus I watched that Behind the Music episode about Pantera and he came across like an idiot, during the segement where he says "You have to be crazy to mess with the kid" or whatever the hell he was saying

He does sound like a Grade A+ Douchebag in that episode.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

manny wrote:

James Labrie of Dream Theatre

I think he's really annoying, but thankfully he only sings like 3 min out of a 15 min or so song. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 pm

manny wrote:
detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

Very Happy

I agree with the shut up comment but when he's trying to sing he is very good imo. I didn't like that stupid SJR wannabe hardcore band either.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:01 pm

phil's vocals on the great southern trendkill made the record absolutely unlistenable.

sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:03 pm

detuned wrote:
I don't know what it is...there's just something about Phil's voice that bothers me. Sorry I can't articulate it any better than that.

That's ok i feel the same about Doug Pinnick at times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Quote :
The Grave Digger guy started out gruff but
tolerable, but he got worse with age. I didn't mind his vox on their
first couple of records back in the '80s but he can barely carry a tune
on what little I've heard of the recent stuff. The last thing I heard
from G.D. was a cover of Dio's "We Rock" on a Dio tribute album and his
"singing" was absolutely laughable. I haven't checked in with them
since then.

... and now I fully expect to get b*tch slapped by
Spec, who's currently rockin' a Grave Digger avatar... sorry, gotta
call'em as I see'em.

Guess you can't be awesome 100% of the time. Mad

I fully understand why people can't stand Grave Digger's vocals. But I love 'em. I think they wouldn't be as appealing to me if they had the cookie cutter power metal vocalist from a band that ends with an "a".
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Vocalists make or break the songs for me. I couldn't tell you a vocalist I dont like because I probbaly wouldn't listen to the band.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Vio-lence. Great music, absolutely unlistenable voice.

Not only his voice I think but it just never really fit the music. It seemed to me like he was just trying to cram every word he ever wrote into the song whether it fit or not.

Other than that I can't really think of anyone who stands out. I can tolerate most anybody. I can't stand any granny black metal vox or the new school screaming either. And the new school scream my head off and then sing out of key is the most ridicolus thing ever. If you can't do either right just give it up. I feel sorry for kids growing up today who are subjected to crap called music now. The best stuff is always kind of undergrond though you just gotta search it out for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question...   Question... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2