Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Question Empty
PostSubject: Question   Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 7:42 pm

So, I was listening to Lääz Rockit earlier today and was remembering a Junior High School friend ordering "City's Gonna Burn" from an old mail order form from Hit Parader or Metal Edge back in like '87 or '88. I have been trying to locate one online just for fun and to see what they were offering. I remember the one he used had a lot of Power Metal bands like LR, Banshee, Liege Lord, etc. This wasn't the BMG record club as it was focused solely on Metal. Megaforce? Maybe? I thought it was cool as they were bands I had not heard of at the time and it wasn't the mainstream stuff like Priest and Maiden. In fact, I got into Fates Warning because of this when my friend (Brian) ordered "No Exit" and hated it. So, I bought the tape off him for like $5 or something.

Funny aside about my friend- whenever he would listen to his tapes, he would rewind to the beginning of whatever side he was listening to b/c he was convinced that it was bad for the tape to be exposed. Looking back now I agree, that's probably why there was that couple inches or so clear tape at the beginning, but I never rewound my cassettes.

Anyway, if anybody wants to share a link, a scan, or an old story, that would be welcomed and cool.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question   Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Metal Disc? I'm not sure how it was spelled but my elder bro ordered tons of stuff from there lots of rare, obscure stuff.
Back to top Go down

Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: