Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a question

Go down 
+8
jstate
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
mc666
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Is there anything more annoying than these smurfing stickers on the top of CDs?

Just a question DSC02064
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 pm

did you take the cd into the bathroom with you? pissing on it won't solve your problems. Very Happy

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes. People that post giant frickin' pictures!
Back to top Go down

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Ken - Get a bigger monitor, you cheap bastard. Smile

Monty- I take all my pictures in the bathroom. My uncle insisted that I do that as a lad. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm

theres a trick to them its so easy. What you do is peel it off one side and then take the whole cd case off then the other side becomes that more easy.
Back to top Go down

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 11:26 pm

They're a piece of cake to take off. The only time they suck is when you pull a old but sealed CD from a used bin. That's when sticky stuff separates sticks to the jewelcase. I hate that.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:21 am

I don't mind those, but I hate when it's an old cd, and the stickers are hard to pull off AND when the swivels are broken
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:53 pm

I have retractable claws like Wolverine, so those stickers are not a problem for me. *snikt* slice, open.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Yes there is something worse. The same thing on a DVD THREE freakin' times; top, side and bottom!

Not only that but the one on the top gets stuck to the plastic sleeve protecting the cover ot the DVD.

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Smurf 'em they suck!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:21 pm

No.There isn't anything even remotely more annoying than that!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yes there is something worse. The same thing on a DVD THREE freakin' times; top, side and bottom!

Aaaaa-MEN brother!! That's my pet freakin' peeve right there!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:09 pm

I never understood the need to punish you like that for purchasing their product. I used to have one of those CD razor openers, which was great until it also proved effective for opening up my fingers as well. Sometimes I miss those long boxes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:18 pm

It's so stupid too because the CD is usually shrink wrapped.

Is this just a US practice? I get a lot of import CDs and CDUniverse always includes a blurb on the receipt that this shipment contains import CDs which are often not wrapped. I never get an import with that miserable tape on top.

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:23 pm

I think its an exclusive American invention.

I'd rather have an import just so I don't have glue residue on my CD case.
Back to top Go down

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:59 pm

Canadian are doing the same things...If we could be a country those canadian will stop sh*iting on us! EL REVOLUTION!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Must be a North American thing then.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Pain in the ass. They're pretty much pointless as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Hate em much!
Back to top Go down

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:02 pm

It's not a security feature. It's so the CDs are easier to identify while in the racks. Most people aren't like us collectors; they don't want to slowly flip through CDs looking for the right album based on the cover or spine. Imagine a soccer mom looking for a death metal CD for her kid and trying to decipher the font on the cover? Haha. The plastic sticker thingy is to make it easier.

Over in the UK, the CDs aren't even sealed. There's one small sticker that holds the jewelcase shut.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
Over in the UK, the CDs aren't even sealed. There's one small sticker that holds the jewelcase shut.
Not even that, half the time.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 am

Just a question EZCD.web

Get yourself a cd opener. It's a small plastic device that holds a razor blade. Run it across the top and it cuts it right open.
Back to top Go down

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:18 pm

Dude, opening the aspirin bottle is way more annoying. At least when I get the cd open it's for something i'm looking forward too.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:24 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
Dude, opening the drug bottles is way more annoying when I'm craving a fix....
UHHH, TMI bro! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question   Just a question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: