Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest Flotsam news.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Latest Flotsam news. Empty
PostSubject: Latest Flotsam news.   Latest Flotsam news. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 am

They are still one of my favorite bands and i can't wait for this new album. The new Believer and Flotsam albums are probably going to top my '09 picks.

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM has set "The Cold" as the title of its new album, due in early 2009 via Driven Music Group, the label created by former KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch. According to guitarist Mark Simpson, the CD will feature "10 songs — ALL brutal, ALL killer, NO filler!! We are currently finishing up guitars and starting on vocals." Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Black Cloud", "Secret Life", "Hypocrite", "Falling Short" and "Take". The cover artwork will once again be created by Travis Smith (OPETH, NEVERMORE), "which we are extremely excited about because of his amazing skill and vision," says Simpson. "The cover will also feature the debut of an up-and-coming new talent."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Latest Flotsam news.   Latest Flotsam news. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:32 pm

Cool news. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually prefer the later, more groove-oriented Flots than the older thrashier stuff. The older material will always have nostalgic value to me, but I liked when Eric AK switched to a more natual singing voice over the high-pitched shreiking. Nothing wrong with it when it's done right, but listening back to it nowadays, it seemed very forced. And the band seems to have gotten over the "we need to play as fast as we can and be troo metal" and just play what comes naturally, whether it's popular with the fans or not. I for one, welcome a new album.

Go ahead, old-schoolers. Feel free to tell me how wrong my opinion is. Latest Flotsam news. 19976

PostSubject: Re: Latest Flotsam news.   Latest Flotsam news. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Go ahead, old-schoolers. Feel free to tell me how wrong my opinion is. Latest Flotsam news. 19976

The last Flotsam record I even heard was When The Storm Comes Down, so you don't need to worry about any dissing from me.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Flotsam news.   Latest Flotsam news. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Flotsam news.
Page 1 of 1