Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:30 am

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM SIGN TO EX-KORN MEMBER’S LABEL

Flotsam and Jetsam drummer Craig Nielsen has issued an update on the band's official MySpace page about the band's recent signing to former Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch's label, Driven Music:

"As always, sorry for the long time since my last post, but the latest news is ALL good.

"It's already been released directly from the President and CEO of Warner Music Group, but in case you haven't heard, the band is now signed to Driven Music, founded by Brian 'Head' Welch from Korn, and now formally distributed by Warner through its Ryko Distribution. This is MAJOR news for this band. Not enough could be possibly said about the benefit of having such extensive distribution resources as Warner Music.

"The band will begin recording the new record this August and I will update with a proposed release date as soon as we are finished. This record will be given 100% of this band's talent, creativity, energy and passion. Nothing will be on it that we don't absolutely believe is the very best we could possibly create and deliver live. Also, our UNBELIEVABLY killer live DVD, filmed in Poland at the Metalmania Festival for many thousands of rabid fans, called Once in a Deathtime, will also be released this summer, June 29 is what we are hoping for. The filming is incredible, the crowd is huge, the band is on fire. Definitely check this DVD out. It is the one we have been hoping and waiting to make since the beginning.

"We headline a sold-out festival in Germany, Keep It True, in November, and it will be a very special old-school set. We will tour much of Europe again in December with some great bands to be announced in more detail very soon.

"So, as you can see, the band is very much in top form and busier than ever.

"Thank you and nothing but love from all of us to everyone out there who continues to stick with us!!"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 am

Finally they get some good distribution. It's been an uphill battle but they are still going.
Back to top Go down

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:49 am

Such a great band that keeps getting kicked in the nuts. Glad to see they keep going, though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:09 am

Cool! Hope their next CD kicks tail! :bangyerhead:

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:14 am

ultmetal wrote:
Cool! Hope their next CD kicks tail! :bangyerhead:

Me too! I thought their last one was good but the production was the only downside.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 am

Man I was hoping Jason was back or something....LOL

Good to hear they are signed though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:58 am

zombiewalkin wrote:

Newsted seems to think he's too good for them. He didn't even want to do a 20th anniversary show.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 am

troublezone wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:

Newsted seems to think he's too good for them. He didn't even want to do a 20th anniversary show.

Really? Thats wierd cause when I was watching the DVD that came with the Doomsday reissue he seemed like he was the leader of the band almost.

I guess this is pretty good news though, but I think this band is on its last legs and its sad to say. A while back Eric AK started another band and ended up leaving Flotsam because he was unmotivated since the band hasnt had a huge success in fifteen years. Thankfully he ended up coming back and their last album was pretty good except for the production. I was very surprised they actually let it get released that way.

So hopefully now this will get this band rolling again and they will get back on track. Thrash seems to be making a comeback so theres a good chance something good will come out of this. If they can make another album as good as Cuatro that would be awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:10 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
troublezone wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:

Really? Thats wierd cause when I was watching the DVD that came with the Doomsday reissue he seemed like he was the leader of the band almost.

I guess this is pretty good news though, but I think this band is on its last legs and its sad to say. A while back Eric AK started another band and ended up leaving Flotsam because he was unmotivated since the band hasnt had a huge success in fifteen years. Thankfully he ended up coming back and their last album was pretty good except for the production. I was very surprised they actually let it get released that way.

So hopefully now this will get this band rolling again and they will get back on track. Thrash seems to be making a comeback so theres a good chance something good will come out of this. If they can make another album as good as Cuatro that would be awesome too.

The footage was probably from when he was in the band not after he left.
Back to top Go down

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Good news, I was just wondering the other day if they were done. How has this band put out so many albums with almost no publicity?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:17 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Good news, I was just wondering the other day if they were done. How has this band put out so many albums with almost no publicity?

I don't know but they must have a decent underground following. I know they mostly do it for a hobby these days.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:37 pm

troublezone wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
troublezone wrote:
zombiewalkin wrote:

The footage was probably from when he was in the band not after he left.

duh! lol! I was just saying that when he was in the band he seemed like he was the leader and it was his band.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 pm

I thought they had an excellent run starting with Cuatro, and ending with High. They had 3 really great albums right in a row. After High, they tapered off a lot, I thought. Drift will always be my favorite by them. SMOKED OUT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flotsam news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam news   Flotsam news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam news
Page 1 of 1