Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam's first week sales...

Go down 
+17
Required Fields
jstate
MetalGuy71
krokus
Thrasher73
Leatherface
adrian
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
Joe
manny
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
mc666
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Flotsam's first week sales... Empty
PostSubject: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 pm

This is ridiculous! It's just like Metal Church's last album... People need to support metal better!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146491
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:00 pm

some bands are just more popular than others. a little promotion from the record company wouldn't hurt either.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Love Flots. Didn't realize the album had been released yet. DOH!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:08 pm

That's just the way it is.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:10 pm

Into you posted this information I had no idea Flotsam had even released a new album, so the lack of promotion is not helping
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 pm

You should change the title of the thread to: Flotsam's first "weak" sales.

That's too bad.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:09 am

Yea thats the problem. Theres no promotion what so ever. Only reason why I knew about it was from looking at Newbury Comics new release list.

It's a really good album too so everyone should pick it up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:09 am

It's Flotsam and Jetsam. What did you expect? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:26 am

Honestly, that's more than I would have expected. An album by a band with that low of a profile and no promotion, 300 copies would have impressed me.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:13 am

Troublezone wrote:
This is ridiculous! It's just like Metal Church's last album... People need to support metal better!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=146491
You bought the album?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:26 am

I didn't even know it had come out!

Then again, I only recently found out they were still a band and putting out albums...

I only own the first two albums right now, I better fix that.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 am

So, a gold record is out of the question I suppose...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You bought the album?

Yes, I bought it from amazon NEW.

I guess i'm one of the few that knew it was coming out soon... but i'm a big Flots fan so i was keeping tabs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 am

detuned wrote:
Honestly, that's more than I would have expected. An album by a band with that low of a profile and no promotion, 300 copies would have impressed me.

It's like King's X... "people like them", but the sales figures fall short.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:25 am

If Newsted returned it would be a huge break for the band and put them on the map. Just because everyone "knows" Jason Newsted...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:34 am

Flotsam has been a top notch band for a very long time and only put out maybe one crap album (Unnatural Selection) IMO, but unfortunately good music isn't enough when you're not promoted properly and referred to as "Newsted's Former" band.

Well, they're in good company...

King's X, Galactic Cowboys, Metal Church and Coroner never got the recognition they deserved.

Even Annihilator and Overkill have been overlooked IMO.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 am

I think sales might pick up if people that buy the record spread the word that it's worth buying.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 am

detuned wrote:

Not to mention from a new label from a guy who called himself Head and left K orn because he found Jesus ( nothing wrong with that part) and released a solo album that was a commercial flop, so all things considered maybe 300 is not so bad.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:16 am

Yeah that is too bad. I know I 'll support them by buying it though.Thtat said,I knew it was coming but didn't know it was out yet either.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:22 am

Oh, and how is the album ? Better than Dreams of Death I hope? Thay one didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:30 am

007 wrote:
Oh, and how is the album ? Better than Dreams of Death I hope? Thay one didn't do much for me.

I think it's better.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 am

I plan on getting it,I like the samples I've heard.As far as the numbers go its par for the course when you consider a)Its a thrash band and b) they never was much of a commerical success.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:02 am

Sad, even a demo band sells more. For exemple a Spanish band called WILD sold already 1000 copies of their first ep, only in spain.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:09 am

krokus wrote:
Sad, even a demo band sells more. For exemple a Spanish band called WILD sold already 1000 copies of their first ep, only in spain.

1000 total or first week sales?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I plan on getting it,I like the samples I've heard.As far as the numbers go its par for the course when you consider a)Its a thrash band and b) they never was much of a commerical success.

My sentiments exactly. Sadly, they've never had big numbers at the height of their popularity, compared to some of their contemporaries. Regardless, I'll be picking this one up at some point. I liked their last few very much. Even Dreams of Death.

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam's first week sales...   Flotsam's first week sales... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam's first week sales...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next