Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith or Fear

Go down 
+5
SideShowDisaSter
manny
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 am

Anyone looking forward to hearing a new album by them? Punishment Area was a kick ass third wave of thrash album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 am

Didn't even know they were back together. I saw them opening for Sepultura back in '89 (Igor even used Faith or Fear's drum kit when Sepultura played because they hadn't brought all of their equipment up from Brazil)... they were OK but not particularly memorable...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Didn't even know they were back together. I saw them opening for Sepultura back in '89 (Igor even used Faith or Fear's drum kit when Sepultura played because they hadn't brought all of their equipment up from Brazil)... they were OK but not particularly memorable...

UPDATE: Hell hath frozen over - again!
The band is now in serious talks with a major independent label about producing another album. It will include all new never released material, maybe some updates (Dehumanized '09?), and will be available worldwide. U.S. touring will probably be limited to the East coast, but there is a plan falling into place for at least (2) festival shows overseas in 2009.
Back to top Go down

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:58 am

I thought the Punishment Area album was a bit pedestrian.

I guess it's official. Every thrash band from the late 80's has reformed.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:07 am

SpectreFate wrote:

When they opened that Sepultura gig, nearly everyone in the place was at the bar while they were playing. After that, my brother and I called them "Faith or Beer."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I guess it's official. Every thrash band from the late 80's has reformed.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:28 am

Speaking of generic, i like Panic as well.
Back to top Go down

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:30 am

Troublezone wrote:

I've never heard of them. Metal Archives says members of Exodus had something to do with them. That sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:33 am

Quote :
I've never heard of them. Metal Archives says members of Exodus had something to do with them. That sounds interesting.

Check 'em out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLxr6GoXrCE
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:47 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Check 'em out.

That wasn't bad. If I came across that CD in a bargain bin I'd pick it up. 🤘

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 am

I have Punishment Area and it's ok, but nothing mind-blowing. I don't know that I'd get that excited by either the re-union or new material. Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:14 am

I am personally looking forward to that Keel reunion, now if only Killen or Streetchild would reunite that would be so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Check 'em out.

Check out their KISS cover with Steve Souza.
http://www.tower.com/epidemic-panic-cd/wapi/106709138
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 am

manny wrote:
I am personally looking forward to that Keel reunion, now if only Killen or Streetchild would reunite that would be so awesome.

That would be the best package tour EVER!! 🤘

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Check 'em out.

That song isn't even the best one on the CD! It's maybe my third or forth favorite. Try to find the tracks Morbid Curiosities or Hypochondriac, those are even better!

For the record, I enjoy Faith Or Fear. Sure, Punishment Area is not mind-blowing but it also wasn't the normal thrash record being released at the time. They didn't go for the typical quick riffs and mosh beats, instead being choppy and diverse. My only big complaint about it is that the vocals could have used a bit more "umph" behind them. He wasn't forceful enough for my tastes.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:30 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That song isn't even the best one on the CD! It's maybe my third or forth favorite. Try to find the tracks Morbid Curiosities or Hypochondriac, those are even better!

I just saw that Panic CD on a feller's trade list at another forum so I sent him a message of interest... we shall see if I can cut a deal for it. 🤘

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:33 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Produced by Gary Holt and Rick Hunolt of Exodus.
Track 9, "I Stole Your Love," features guest vocals from Steve "Zetro" Souza
and guest guitar solos from Gary Holt and Rick Hunolt.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:35 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

I just saw that Panic CD on a feller's trade list at another forum so I sent him a message of interest... we shall see if I can cut a deal for it. 🤘

I need either one of the two Panic albums (Epidemic/Fact) on cd so freddy can you keep a eye out for me?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:39 am

Troublezone wrote:

I need either one of the two Panic albums (Epidemic/Fact) on cd so freddy can you keep a eye out for me?

Shall try...

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:57 am

Troublezone,amazon.com has both Panic cds.Each are under 10 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:10 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Troublezone,amazon.com has both Panic cds.Each are under 10 bucks.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:13 am

No Problem Bro
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:46 pm

I've always been a fan of Faith or Fear. It was thrash but it was different and was actually one of the only thrash albums with clean vocals I liked at the time it came out. Got it on tape and CD! Glad they are reformed, I'd like to hear what they could do now after all these years!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I've always been a fan of Faith or Fear. It was thrash but it was different and was actually one of the only thrash albums with clean vocals I liked at the time it came out. Got it on tape and CD! Glad they are reformed, I'd like to hear what they could do now after all these years!

Probably something a little heavier i imagine.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:48 pm

I'd hope so man!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faith or Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith or Fear   Faith or Fear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith or Fear
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next