Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faith No More

Go down 
+13
T-Roy
mez
Troublezone
Required Fields
MetalRob331
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Hamer12
DeathCult
Shiney
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Any fans? Back in the early 90s FNM was my favorite band. However, I feel that the only material worth a damn was the ones with Patton and Martin. The first vocalist had a weird style that never went over with me and when Martin left the metalness disappeared. Now the other albums had some good songs (Digging A Grave and Last Cup Of Sorrow) but the only thing that kept me a fan was the metal influence Martin brought to the table.

The Real Thing-the album that started it all for me with the awesome (albeit weird) videos for Epic and Falling To Pieces. Apart from those two, I liked every song on there: Suprise Your Dead (the heaviest track), You Came Out Of Nowhere, Zombie Eaters, Morning After, Underwater Love, Woodpeckers From Mars, and the War Pigs cover. The only song I wasn't head over heels with was Edge Of The World

Angel Dust-my favorite and again I love every track. However, my favorite was Everything's Ruined with Martin's guitar solo which IMO was even better than the one for Epic and my 2nd fav. was Midlife Crisis. Totally different than TRT except for the song Small Victory (the only song where Patton's TRT voice was really evident, the other times it is much deeper).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:12 pm

The only one I have from them is The Real Thing. After that one, I never heard anything else that I liked enough worth buying.

After they put out the video for "Epic", I remember they took allot of heat for the flopping, dying fish at the end of the video. While most bands would apologize, FNM did the opposite.
The next video they put out for "Falling to Pieces", the blew up more fish. I thought that was pretty funny, albeit immature.

I forget the name, but I did see one of Patton's side-projects as an opening act and I have to say it was some of the worst noise I've ever heard. It sounded as if ever member of the band was playing a different tune, while Mike Patton screamed bloody-murder over top of it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:12 pm

I love FNM....from "Introduce Yourself" (the first I had heard from them)

"Real Thing" which is just classic (fave tracks being "Zombie Eaters" "Morning After" )

"Angel Dust" was as you stated a definite different creature than was expected to follow up the commercial success of "Real Thing" but it was a brilliant offering in its special way. Very layered and experimental...(fave tracks: "A Small Victory", "Midlife Crisis" and "be Aggressive")

"King For A Day..." was an odd duck...a great album sans Martin....but it literally came out with NO fanfare or promotion...just here it is...and it showed in the sales...but there are some killer tunes to be found here....

"Album Of The year" was even okay but far too dismal an offering for this great band to hang their coda on...but what can you do. Patton was too interested in losing his mind and running his label. The other guys were all working on other projects....and this all shows in the sound. sadly.

Still...FAITH NO MORE were a brilliant entry in the "WTF Rcok" catagory....

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 pm

I have and love every album they produced. Truly one of the best bands of all time. They don't make music like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:45 pm

I liked "Real Thing" and "Angel Dust" alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:20 pm

I love FNM. One of the first CD's I bought was Introduce Yourself. One of my all time favorite albums is King for a Day, like every tune on that one. Check out Tomahawk if you like FNM, it's a little odd but nowhere near as crazy as Bungle, which I also like.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:04 pm

I liked "The Real Thing" a lot back in the day. "Angel Dust" was a little too weird for me though, so that's where I got off.

Legend has it that FNM made the "Angel Dust" album extra weird on purpose in order to lose all the trendy MTV fans they'd picked up who just wanted to hear "Epic." If that's true, then it worked in my case.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:28 am

i have angel dust and its a fave of mine
Back to top Go down

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:54 am

The only song I've heard from them is "Epic", and I think that's a pretty good song.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:51 pm

i quite like faith no more. even if they do rap Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 1:59 pm

i havent heard a lot of material from these guys even though i see there name mentioned by a lof of bands as being a huge influence
Back to top Go down

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am

I really like the 'Album Of The Year' record...& their cover of "Easy"...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:42 am

their easy cover is certainly very good
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:45 am

Faith No More Faithnomoreeasy

TheGooch wrote:

I almost bought their CD single of "Easy" years back strictly for the above cover picture... two rhinoceroses copulating against a beautiful sunset... Isn't it romantic? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 am

yeah it sure is but save it for discoverey channel
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:24 pm

I like them. One of my favorite non-metal bands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

TheGooch wrote:

I almost bought their CD single of "Easy" years back strictly for the above cover picture... two rhinoceroses copulating against a beautiful sunset... Isn't it romantic? Laughing very hard

actually i think its a quite good cover looking at it IMO
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 am

I liked them a lot along with Alice in chains during the summer of 1990. I like the actual title track on the The Real Thing the best. Epic and War Pigs were also killer songs.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 pm

I love FNM, they was probablymy most favorite band going throught out the late 80's all the way through the 90's. I follow all of Pattons works, although of late he seems to have bailed on the metal and is into r&b or something which is a bit of a shame.

Hey np if he wants to do that but dont forget your roots as well. The band Metalguy71 saw was Pattons other band called Fantomas which actually has some very cool stuff out albeit very different. It is extremely techinical, however the two albums I would recommend checking out are Directors Cut (amazing) and Suspended Animation (grind core at some points)

Anyhow FNM was an amazing band that stood the test of time against grunge and other music, and still remained cool.
Back to top Go down

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Patton is an overrated turd. His best band ever was Faith No More, and next to that is Tomahawk. And they're far below FNM in terms of quality. The rest of his crap has flashes of brilliance, but overall he puts out some terrible music. Just self-indulgent nonsense with hardly any musical identity.
Back to top Go down

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Patton is an overrated turd. His best band ever was Faith No More, and next to that is Tomahawk. And they're far below FNM in terms of quality. The rest of his crap has flashes of brilliance, but overall he puts out some terrible music. Just self-indulgent nonsense with hardly any musical identity.

As much as I hate to do it, because I love Patton in FNM, I have to agree with Eyesore. FNM was good because they were a BAND. Patton contributed to the greatness. Without that band behind him, he hasn't done anything I like. Believe me, I have tried to like it.

I wouldn't say he's a turd.

Now Nickleback are turds. lol!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

TheGooch wrote:

yes, very romantic....especially when you use the term "copulate". Mad

I'll never forget the stage set they destroyed as guests on Saturday Night Live back in like...1990-ish? Me and my buddy were like..... 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 pm

T-Roy wrote:

yes, very romantic....especially when you use the term "copulate". Mad

I didn't want to hurt your virgin ears by calling it "the Horizontal Rhino-Mambo" or anything similarly tasteless.. Smile

Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Yeah - I saw Mike Patton with Fantomas opening up for Tool. Weird stuff - a couple of interesting tracks but the rest was weird and dumb.

Faith No More's The Real Thing is a classic album. The whole album is great from start to finish. The cover of War Pigs is outstanding - it sounds great.

Need to give Angel Dust a good listen sometime in the future.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:51 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
Need to give Angel Dust a good listen sometime in the future.
To me, Angel Dust is their classic. It doesn't have their most popular song, but the entire album is a brilliant piece of work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faith No More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith No More   Faith No More Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faith No More
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: