Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Van Halen Album

Go down 
+12
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
James B.
mc666
manny
the sentinel
DeathCult
akeldama
MoonChild
Schbopo
XYZ
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What's your favorite Van Halen album?
Van Halen
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 11 ]
Van Halen II
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Women and Children First
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Fair Warning
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 6 ]
Diver Down
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
OU812
Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
 0% [ 0 ]
Balance
 0% [ 0 ]
Van Halen III
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage

Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:13 pm

I wish I could have seen the Roth era lineup in concert, that's one of those missed opportunities that bugs me.

I did see the 5150 tour, it was definitely an enjoyable show. The main parts I remember was that Sammy didn't sound very good singing the Roth tunes...but sounded great on the material from 5150 (most of those songs were better live). However, the best songs from the evening weren't Van Halen tunes. The Hagar solo tracks "There's Only One Way To Rock" and "I Can't Drive 55" were excellent....but by far the best song of the evening was the cover of Led Zeppelin's Rock N Roll which was perfect.

To me though, it's a VERY different band once he joined.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 pm

If were choosing eras, DLR for me. No question. I like Van Hagar just fine, but it's really apples and oranges here. In my mind they are 2 different bands.

I've never seen the Hagar version live and I was too young to see Van Halen in their late 70's prime, but I did see the re-union show last year. Despite Michael Anthony being absent, I thought they sounded pretty good. DLR sounded better than he has in years. I saw him solo twice and his voice was shot.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I agree with both detuned and metalguy, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar both changed the identity of Van Halen when each fronted the band, I consider them almost two different bands, the musicial direction changed when Hagar joined and I also like that era of Van Halen.

I never seen Van Halen fronted by DLR, and I saw Van Halen on 'OU812' tour and they were very good, I wish I had seen the reunion tour but I was unable to, I hope they stay together for at least one more tour and I hope a new studio album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 pm

manny wrote:
I agree with both detuned and metalguy, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar both changed the identity of Van Halen when each fronted the band, I consider them almost two different bands, the musicial direction changed when Hagar joined and I also like that era of Van Halen.

I never seen Van Halen fronted by DLR, and I saw Van Halen on 'OU812' tour and they were very good, I wish I had seen the reunion tour but I was unable to, I hope they stay together for at least one more tour and I hope a new studio album.

A new studio album and a box set of rarities/unreleased tracks from all 3 incarnations.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:18 pm

A new studio album and a box set of rarities/unreleased tracks from all 3 incarnations.[/quote]

That would be sweet but I have feeling that as far as the very short lived error...I mean era of Gary Cherone the cupboard maybe bare in terms of rarities but who knows.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

manny wrote:
A new studio album and a box set of rarities/unreleased tracks from all 3 incarnations.

That would be sweet but I have feeling that as far as the very short lived error...I mean era of Gary Cherone the cupboard maybe bare in terms of rarities but who knows.[/quote]

there's the Gene Simmons demo (I know it's a legal issue),songs like "Bring On The Girls" from the Roth-era, "Crossing Over" from the Balance sessions and "That's Why I Love You" from 3.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 4:44 pm

akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:

That would be sweet but I have feeling that as far as the very short lived error...I mean era of Gary Cherone the cupboard maybe bare in terms of rarities but who knows.

there's the Gene Simmons demo (I know it's a legal issue),songs like "Bring On The Girls" from the Roth-era, "Crossing Over" from the Balance sessions and "That's Why I Love You" from 3.[/quote]

They seem to be the only major band without a boxset out, they should put one out its way overdue.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:12 pm

I would love to see some live recordings and footage from the Roth era be released. I think a disc of rarities would be welcomed warmly by the fan base as well. As always, a new album would be great. We'll probably have to wait until July before we get any word of any new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Van Halen Album   Favorite Van Halen Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Van Halen Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2