Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut

Go down 
+22
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Glower
James B.
glassprison
tohostudios
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
the sentinel
Wurthless
chewie
bgsully
Troublezone
akeldama
nevermore
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
Thrasher73
MetallicSeminarian
corplhicks
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Greatest Track on Van Halen's Debut
Runnin' With the Devil
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap16%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Eruption
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap6%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
You Really Got Me
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap0%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap16%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
I'm the One
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap3%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Jamie's Cryin'
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap6%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Atomic Punk
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap22%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 22% [ 7 ]
Feel Your Love Tonight
 6% [ 2 ]
Little Dreamer
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap3%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Ice Cream Man
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap9%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
On Fire
Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_lcap13%Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut 233

Recorded Aug 30 - Sept 1977 @ Sunset Sound Recorders, Hollywood
Produced by Ted Templeman
Engineered by Donn Landee

IMO the greatest debut ever released, and of course the greatest band in the world.

Impossible to pick a favorite track. I remember hearing Ice Cream Man for the first time and thinking, "there's no way I can be as good a guitarist as this guy." Which is still true today haha. But I had to go with Eruption. The chills up my spine when I first heard that piece were rather painful. I've never been hit so hard by musical force like that day. And I'm still trying to learn how to play it decades later--with no small success. All hail the king, baby. This album has NEVER gotten old.

"Dedicate one to the ladies..."
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 11:54 pm

I'm the One.

There's not really a bad track on here, although I'm not wild about You Really Got Me compared to the others.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:17 am

This is probably my favorite VH album. It still gets regular listens while I'm at work. Runnin with the Devil was the first Van Halen song I ever heard when I was a wee lad. It never gets old. I almost picked it but ended up voting for Ice Cream Man. Such a good jam. I love how it starts out then bursts into a great boogie.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 5:29 am

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 7:35 am

"Nobody rules these streets at night but meeeeeeeee... the atomic PUUUUUNK!" (karate kicks off of drum riser)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 11:26 am

Impossible but I'll pick "Runnin' With The Devil."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Great album from start to finish even if I think some of the songs are overplayed. I went with On Fire.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 1:58 pm

"Littlllllleeeeee Dreeeeeeaaamaaaaaahhhhh!"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Gotta go with Ain't Talking 'Bout Love (cuz that main opening riff!), but the whole album is great!

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun May 29, 2016 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 11:04 pm

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

I always dug this tune
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 11:07 pm

The Atomic Punk!!!!!

The whole album is killer, though.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I love this album, it was one of the first CDs I ever bought with my own money. No other Van Halen album touches how great this one is, in my eyes.

Atomic Punk is also my favorite. It's heavy and mean.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Nearly impossible to pick a fave. Absolute annihilation from start to finish. I almost went "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" since it was the first song I learned how to play on guitar, but I chose "Atomic Punk" cuz I had never heard a song start like that. I still don't know what the hell it is, sliding the pick up the fret board? A finger slide? This album never gets old. Classic cover too, with Eddie with the "Frankenstrat" and MIchael Anthony with the blurred motion waves around him. I am assuming that is your auto'd copy, Shay?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

I remember that riff from years ago but not the song I've been racking my brain and it finally clicked.

Love that tune! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 5:02 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Nearly impossible to pick a fave. Absolute annihilation from start to finish. I almost went "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" since it was the first song I learned how to play on guitar, but I chose "Atomic Punk" cuz I had never heard a song start like that. I still don't know what the hell it is, sliding the pick up the fret board? A finger slide? This album never gets old. Classic cover too, with Eddie with the "Frankenstrat" and MIchael Anthony with the blurred motion waves around him. I am assuming that is your auto'd copy, Shay?

It is not, sadly. Just the coolest image I found on Google. Although I have three copies on vinyl--I need to get at least one signed before Ed leaves us.

The effect on Atomic Punk is Ed opening up his Phase 90 whilst strumming muted strings.

My favorite part of Atomic Punk has always been, "Nobody rules these streets at night but me! NOBODY! ahAHahAHahAHahAhAHahAhahAH!!! The Atomic--PUNK!" and how it ends on the tritone trailing with all that feedback.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:18 pm

I picked The Atomic Punk, but could easily go with just about any song on the album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:38 pm

Damn! A lotta love for Atomic Punk around here! A good thing, mind you. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 6:40 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Damn! A lotta love for Atomic Punk around here! A good thing, mind you. Smile

It surprises me. Not that it's not an awesome song (of course it is), but I'm surprised at some of the songs it's beating in this poll.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:05 pm

I voted Ice Cream Man.

This is easily my favorite VH album. In fact, it's the only non-Greatest Hits VH album I own on CD (I have 1984 on vinyl).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:44 pm

I voted Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love with Ice Cream Man being a close second.

I like the album but there are a few songs that I can't stand, such as "I'm the One" and "Jamie's Cryin'"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 8:12 pm

glassprison wrote:

I like the album but there are a few songs that I can't stand, such as "I'm the One" and "Jamie's Cryin'"

Dude, huh what? Those are so freaking good! The interlude to Jamie's Cryin' alone is worth the price admission. And I'm the One has such a badass boogie to it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm

corplhicks wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

It is not, sadly. Just the coolest image I found on Google. Although I have three copies on vinyl--I need to get at least one signed before Ed leaves us.

The effect on Atomic Punk is Ed opening up his Phase 90 whilst strumming muted strings.

My favorite part of Atomic Punk has always been, "Nobody rules these streets at night but me! NOBODY! ahAHahAHahAHahAhAHahAhahAH!!! The Atomic--PUNK!" and how it ends on the tritone trailing with all that feedback.

Thanks for the info, brother. cool
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm

The song has changed a lot over the years, but right now it's "Jamie's Cryin"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 7:52 am

I picked On Fire....but this guitar riff is so damn classic !
I saw a friend play it and was knocked out...had to buy an electric guitar !
Of course, never quite learned to play it....none of the songs on this release....
I knew the basic chord progressions and some notes...
but this was all some pretty free and hot guitar playing - from start to finish of LP.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 7:58 am

Excellent debut ! Hard to really pick out one but I'll just go with Runnin' With The Devil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut   Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Track from Van Halen's Debut
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next