Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:22 pm

I am loving the new season of Entourage!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:25 am

Transporter III
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:25 am

Desperado
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Devour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:23 am

Gigantic (Zooey is adorable)....

Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Gigantic
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:16 am

Tokyo Gore Police

Holy crap is this a F'd up movie!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 pm

I rewatched Way of the Dragon last night. Such an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 pm

I watched 2 documentarys lastnight. 1 was called Bigger, Stronger, Faster (I think thats what it was called) It was about this guy who has 2 brothers that use steriods and he goes to doctors and various other people to talk about steroid use. Its interesting to see how everyone says steroids are so bad but compared to other things that are legal over the counter drugs steroids are nothing. It's a good watch!

The other movie was called King Of Kong. This one was funny as hell to me. Its basically about people who play video games, but there is this guy who had the highest score in Donkey Kong since 1985 (i believe. The movie was put out in 2007) This other guy got laid off from his job and for the hell of it started playing donkey kong to try and beat the high score. Theres this place where you can send a video tape in of yourself playing a game and if you beat a high score they will review your tape and if everything seems on the up and up you'll be the new high score on that game. Well this guy beat the original guys score, but when he sent the tape in they didnt believe he did it so a couple people went to this guys house and demanded to look at his machine. They found a box with this other guys name on it that supposedly was sabotaging games to get back at this guy Billy Mitchell who was the Donkey Kong Champ, so they wouldnt accept the submission.

I could go on and on about this because it just amazed me how big of a douchebag this Billy Mitchell guy is. If you havent seen this one you have to rent it. Ive never seen so many odd people in my life.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Quote :
The other movie was called King Of Kong.

I saw that and yes, there is no bigger douchebag on the planet than Billy Mitchell. Great, but sadly pathetic documentary. I believe they made a follow-up to the original, but I haven't seen it.

EDIT: a follow-up is in the works, not completed yet.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:59 pm

ok cool.... I have to see the follow up. It was pathetic. I thought it was just so damn funny that Billy Mitchell had that other guy calling his phone all the time telling him what Steve was doing in the game at all times.

I like video games as much as the next person but these people are just some nerdy little %#)@!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh.....LMAO! Just thinking of this makes me laugh. I liked when Steve was getting towards the end of Donkey Kong and the other guy went around the whole arcade telling people "There might be a Kill Screen on Donkey Kong" Some people were like what does this idiot want. You cant get more nerd that than. LOL! woooo a kill screen in a video game. THE WORLD IS GOING TO END!

Ok im done.. Im goin to play TMNT Turtles In Time on XBox Now....

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:21 am

Billy Mitchell is like the Lex Luthor of video game nerds. That thing he did when Steve broke his high score, when he had his minions open that pre-mailed, most likely doctored video tape of him beating Steve's score? That was diabolical.

I just watched both Urban Legends movies - Urban Legends, and Urban Legends: Final Cut.

The first one was alright. Typical late 90s post-Scream slasher movie. The plot makes no sense but at least the gimmick is fun.

The second one sucked. It largely ignores the urban legends angle in favor of some really hare-brained Hitchcock homages and the main actress is unattractive and boring. I was struggling to stay awake during this one.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:43 pm

The last movie I watched was Fast & Furious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:07 pm

I am waiting for Inglorious Basterds
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm

xyz wrote:
Svengo wrote:
xyz wrote:
In the past couple of days:

The Coconuts
Animal Crackers
Monkey Business
Horse Feathers
You can't go wrong with those. They'll keep you smiling for days. Very Happy

I'll be watching Duck Soup today. I'm almost convinced that Harpo is funnier than Groucho.

Apples to Oranges. Harpo is the master of visual gags while Groucho is the master of one liners and Chico is the master of...confusion and the piano I guess. Love the Marx Brothers and one of these days when I can afford it I will get both box sets.

No movies but I Watched Allied Powers: The Worlds Greatest Tag Teams

Nice collection of great tag team action (something that has all but dissapeared these days. Unfortunatly it was hosted by Miz and Morrison, the most annoying tag team since the Bodydonnas (and they arent' even a team anymore). Most of the greats were mentioned but there were many that were totally ignored (granted most weren't great but some had decent success-even moreso than some that were mentioned). Natural Disasters, Owen & Yokozuna, Bodydonnas, Can-Am Connection, Collossal Connection, Powers Of Pain, Twin Towers, Too Cool, Vicious and Delicious, American Males, Power & Glory (Orndorf and Roma), The Mounties, Truth Commission, The Pitbulls, Catctus Jack & Maxx Paine, etc. Although they were shown in action they didn't mention anything about Public Enemy or Strike Force either.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Fawlty Towers - The Complete Series

cool
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Watched the first half of Maximum Overdrive

It sucked except for the all AC/DC soundtrack 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Recently saw The Soloist And Obsessed.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:12 pm

last film i watched was animal house and it was and remains a fave of mine
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:28 pm

detuned wrote:

cool

Anything John Cleese touches is golden IMO.

Several years ago, I convinced our department manager to show us some of Cleese's videos designed to address issues in corporations. Even those things were funny!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

cool

Anything John Cleese touches is golden IMO.

Everytime I watch the complete series, I'm sad that there is no more. I have a book that contains the entire script for that show to make it easier for me to recall some of those great lines like:

Surely you have rats in Spain. Or did Franco have them all shot.

What were you expecting? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon, herds of wilderbeasts sweeping majestically...

Look he's a rat. He's not going to get mugged by a gang of field mice!

Are you training to be on mastermind dear? Here's Sybill Faulty. Subject: The Bleeding Obvious!

Is this a piece of your brain?

I'd like to introduce your war, your wall, you all...

Guest: Will you stop mentioning the war!
Basil: Well you started it!
Guest: No we didn't!
Basil: Yes you did! You invaded Poland!

O'Rielly: If the Good Lord...
Basil: ...Is mentioned one more time, I shall move you closer to him.

Manuel, let me explain...(pokes him in the eye)

Basil: Manuel, my wife inform ne that you are depressed. Let me tell you something, being depressed is very bad. Soon you wake up and feel like you can't face life anymore.
Sybill: Then you open a hotel.

Basil: My father was a doctor and so was his father and it was always thought that I'd...
Sybill: ...Open a hotel.

Believe it or not, I showed the episode with Mrs. Richards to a friend of mine in the navy and he didn't even crack a smile. Some people are totally hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 am

"Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus."

Yes, it's a "B" movie. Actually, it's more like a "Z" movie. But hell, how could you NOT want to see this movie after viewing this trailer?

Dude, it's got a Mega Shark! AND a Giant Octopus! AND Spec's dream girl, former 80s teen queen Deborah (formerly Debbie) Gibson (!) stars as a crusading oceanographer! Put 'em all together and that spells AWESOMENESS!

...seriously, though, this was pretty bad (but still, in a "so bad it's good" way). The acting pretty much sucks, the script is laughable, the "special effects" are minimal, and the title characters look like tub toys swimming in dish water. Still, I laughed my ass off throughout this and enjoyed it thoroughly. There's just something about Giant Monster movies that brings out my inner eight year old. (My wife, meanwhile, rolled her eyes at me continuously and at the end commented "I can't believe you PAID to watch that." Haha.)

Recommended only if you like really bad movies, or have a crush on Debbie Gibson. Which I guess means this movie's entire target audience is me and SpectreFate. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:48 am

DallasBlack wrote:
[
What were you expecting? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon, herds of wilderbeasts sweeping majestically...

The first line should be, "What were you expecting from a Torque hotel bedroom window?"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I have been binging on NCIS and Law and Order:CI lately. Great casts and chemistry.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:39 pm

I'm watching a really disgusting movie called Feed.

The basic premise is about a sociopath who feeds women until they weigh 600 pounds. Then he posts pics and web cams of them on a website and has people bet on how huge the women will get or how long before they die.

I watch a lot of warped stuff...

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next