Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seen any good movies?

Go down 
+43
Am I Evil?
TheGooch
Dave the Boss
mc666
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
Necrosultan
Svengo
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
Louder
spiritoradio
Mglaffas81
MetalRob331
Gilbert
powermacho
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Smindas
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Thrasher73
T-Roy
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
manny
Stender
sam
thejokeriv
nevermore
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
Addy
iamrockerfun
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 am

Just watched "Snatch" again - AWESOME MOVIE!

Anyone who has not seen this hilarious movie must watch it ASAP 🤘
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 am

Walking Tall
Blade 3
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
Walking Tall
Blade 3

Someone watched TNT yesterday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:58 am

Finally got to see "The Wrestler". Very good. Oscar-worthy? Ehh, I dunno. But well made, good story, very sad and Marisa Tormei is a stripper. Cool soundtrack too. Lotsa 80's hair-metal.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Saw that last week. Very enjoyable for 80's kids like us.
When I was 18, I lived with a, um, how do I say, a "reseller of illegal powder substances"[?]. Anyway, her boyfriend was a wrestler name Silo Sam [he was the big guy chasing PeeWee around in his first movie]. So all his wrestling buddies would come over and party for days on end. This was pre-WWE, but the AWA was just about to get sold. So guys that were just about to bust huge all hung in Mpls, as this is where the AWA was located. Brett Michaels, Marty Genetti [sp?], Buck Zumhoff, the 123 kid, Ric Flair [wooooo], etc would rip up this house every day. Along with local heals like The Milkman Jimmy Doo, Jerry Blackwell [very cool guy in real life]. So, the Wrestler was very accurate and relatable to me. I think I just enjoyed the "third person" style of filming more than anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just re-watched the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I think this is one of those rare occasions where the remake outdoes the original.

Blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:37 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I just re-watched the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I think this is one of those rare occasions where the remake outdoes the original.

Blasphemy!

-amen

The wife and me went to the cinema last night. I can't remember the last time we were kid-free and couls do that! Anyway, we watched a Norwegian movie, called "Max Manus", about one of the most important resistance men during WWII here in Norway. A very solid movie, and an important reminder that our freedom should not be taken for granted.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:05 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Blasphemy!

What can I say, the mutants in the remake are cooler. Plus, I can't watch the original with Michael Berryman without thinking of Twisted Sister.

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Blasphemy!

What can I say, the mutants in the remake are cooler. Plus, I can't watch the original with Michael Berryman without thinking of Twisted Sister.

And that is a bad thing?
The original is one of those films that I can watch over and over and never get bored. Kinda like mc666 and Purple Rain.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:53 pm

I think the father burning scene is more harrowing in the original but the mother is far more annoying too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19232

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Undead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:39 am

No movie, but I did watch the first Wrestlemania (I'm slowly going through the WMs with Netflix). Boy how things have changed. For one thing, the arena was barely lit and looked like it was taking place in a small arena despite it being MSG (you could still see the nosebleed section when the cameras flash) and the ropes on the ring were very flimsy (it would be hard to see Rey Mysterio doing half the moves he does in a ring like that). All except two matches featured now HOf members, six of which were featured in the main event (Hulk Hogan and Mr. T-the only non HOFer-with Superfly Jimmy Snuka in their corner, Mr. Wonderful and Piper with Bob Orton in their corner, and Pat Patterson as the referee).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:29 am

Lakeview Terrace
Red Sands
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:54 am

Saw Coraline with my girlfriend the other day and Friday the 13th yesterday.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:09 am

I caught American Gangster again on HBO late last night. Great film.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Underworld: Evolution
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Quote :
I did watch the first Wrestlemania

I remember how excited we were as kids for this. Even though we had no place showing the closed circuit broadcast. The second one we got on closed circuit. After that it became like the super bowl for us getting together to watch on pay per view. We did that till at least Wrestlemania six or seven. Funny part was that I think I was the only real diehard fan. A few hours into the show everyone would go do something else and I'd be sitting there by myself watching. Two of those years I even went home after and watched the taped show that the NWA put on TBS as competition.

I watched Blow. It was one I'd been wanting to see for awhile. Really liked it but it was a lot sadder than I expected. Hard to feel sorry for George Jung but I'm glad that in real life his daughter finally did come to visit him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Although not a very good movie, I went and saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" today for the express purpose of staring at Isla Fisher for 90 minutes.

That girl could just stand in front of the camera for 2 hours and I'd watch it.

Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Isla_fisher
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 pm

detuned wrote:
Although not a very good movie, I went and saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic" today for the express purpose of staring at Isla Fisher for 90 minutes.

That girl could just stand in front of the camera for 2 hours and I'd watch it.

Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Isla_fisher

Wow. That's dedication.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Wow. That's dedication.

It has it's funny moments, she's quite a good physical comedy actress in addition to being VERY HOT. Her parents are played by John Goodman and Joan Cusak and they steal every scene they are in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:04 pm

The review I read said it was like a hour and a half long Three's Company episode with the great lengths she goes to hide her debt from her boss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
The review I read said it was like a hour and a half long Three's Company episode with the great lengths she goes to hide her debt from her boss.

Not as bad as Three's Company, but not far removed from sitcom territory. It's one of those films that has specific sequences that work well, but doesn't hold up as a cohesive whole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 am

Gran Torino. A must see.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 am

Troublezone wrote:
Saw Coraline with my girlfriend the other day and Friday the 13th yesterday.

How did you like Coraline?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:01 am

Quarrantine

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen any good movies?   Seen any good movies? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen any good movies?
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next