Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix

Go down 
+17
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
TH Joe
ghost
Troublezone
XYZ
mc666
metalinmyveins
Leatherface
the sentinel
Schbopo
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Four Horsemen Vs. Mechanix
Four Horsemen
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 61% [ 20 ]
Mechanix
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
They both suck
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm a MegaDave fan-boy, but I gotta go with Metallica on this one. Music aside, the lyrics to 'Mechanix' seems pretty juvenille compared to the coming of the apocolypse.

I do however love hearing Megadeth playing it live when Dave prefaces the song by saying, "There's 2 ways to do this song. Their way. And our way."

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:09 pm

Hard for me to say I like them both pretty much equal but voted for Megadeth. Both are cool with me.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:39 pm

manny wrote:
I voted for Mechanix over Four Horsemen, I am a Metallica fan but I have always prefered Megadeth, that being said I just like way Dave Mustaine and Chris Poland play it, as far as the lyrics, I always thought it was Dave Mustaine's way at taking a piss at Metallica by turning the song into a silly sex song, instead of the epic it may have been intended to be originally.

It wasn't Dave taking a piss at Metallica, because James was singing "The Mechanix" in concert before Dave was kicked out. It was more like Metallica taking a piss on Dave. "Hey we're going to use your song, but we're going to change it from some sex addicted mechanic, to a song about the apocalypse, which is even more metal".
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 pm

prefer Mechanix. faster and has alot more energy IMO although they both kick ass
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:
I voted for Mechanix over Four Horsemen, I am a Metallica fan but I have always prefered Megadeth, that being said I just like way Dave Mustaine and Chris Poland play it, as far as the lyrics, I always thought it was Dave Mustaine's way at taking a piss at Metallica by turning the song into a silly sex song, instead of the epic it may have been intended to be originally.

It wasn't Dave taking a piss at Metallica, because James was singing "The Mechanix" in concert before Dave was kicked out. It was more like Metallica taking a piss on Dave. "Hey we're going to use your song, but we're going to change it from some sex addicted mechanic, to a song about the apocalypse, which is even more metal".

Yea, I was under the impression that 'Mechanix' came first and Metallica changed it up to make it "more metal" and less juvenille.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

Yea, I was under the impression that 'Mechanix' came first and Metallica changed it up to make it "more metal" and less juvenille.

Yep, so the legend goes. Personally, I dont really care much about the lyrics, Mechanix just sounds so much better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 pm

To me Four Horsemen is light years better than Mechanix.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

I had it backwards, so it was James giving Dave the finger, you would think kicking him out of the band was big enough f##k you.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:

I had it backwards, so it was James giving Dave the finger, you would think kicking him out of the band was big enough f##k you.

Yeah, Dave asked them not to use any songs he had a hand in writing because he wanted to use them for his own album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 pm

"There are two ways you can hear this song,
there's our way and then there's their way,
for those of you who think it's their way
this song is called the MECHANIX"

Dave Mustaine
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 pm

I voted Machanix because it's faster, has that badass intro riff, and hearing Dave say "F*ck yeah!" like that is just awesome.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:37 am

Indeed Schbopo. Four Horsemen just kind of drags along you can tell its supposed to be faster, but it feels like it never gets off the ground, Mechanix rips the smurf poo out of it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Four Horsemen for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2