Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen

Go down 
+2
mc666
KissinMaiden
6 posters
AuthorMessage

(new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:16 pm

a thrash revolution seems to be coming, it's being lead by underground legend 'Merciless Death' and others like Fueled by fire and meltdown, another to look for would be 'the four horsemen' who structures their epic songs after 80's thrash bands like: metallica, testement, (early)slayer, exodus, overkill, and all the other great old 80's thrash. you can find em on myspace (www.myspace.com/thefourhorsemenband) or buy their new demo at thefourhorsemenband.com. also i was wondering if you have heard of them what you think, and if you hav'nt heard of them what you thought after listening to them on myspace?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:43 pm

Not bad kill or be killed is infectious. Reminds me of Anthrax alot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:45 pm

did you listen to swift justice yet?
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 pm

listening to treason right now =) will get to it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:00 pm

not even a hint of modern influence. they have that pre-reign in blood production & the belladonna-ish singer (wihout the range). burning madness was cool as hell with the metallica (ride/master) riffs.

i could definetly hear some more.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 7:55 pm

I like Merciless Death, Fueled By Fire, and all those bands, but they aren't the ones leading the new thrash revolution. Its been happening for 4 years now. None of those bands really gained popularity since this past year. But I still really like them!

This Four Horsemen band is ok, but its missing a lot of feeling. They'll find themselves eventually though! Its a good start!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Thrash rules!!! Check out Avenger of Blood if you haven't already.

I will check out the Four Horsemen samples.

ack
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 am

The Four Horsemen sound pretty good! I agree that the vocalist sounds like Joey Belladonna. But I like the melodic nature of this band. I'm a sucker for melodic thrash!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:27 pm

if any of you are interested in these guys you can buy a demo cd from their web site www.thefourhorsemenband.com or their mypace www.myspace.com/thefourhorsemenband the demos are only 5 bucks and contain three of their works, or if you are in a thrash band and are intested in doing a demo trade please email the "contact" link on their site and they should get back to you within the next few days.

long live thrash metal!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 9:50 pm

how do you feel they stack up to merciless death?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm

what do you mean early Slayer?
in my oppinion they were most thrash in recent years than any of the original four horsemen even though testament shoulda been one of the four horsemen instead of Anthrax (sorry but they totally lost me sometime after Among The Living with their awful mix of rap and metal). Well this was sort of off topic, sorry for that, but these new dudes are sick btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 7:49 pm

no, man lol this is a band called The Four Horsemen one of their influences is early slayer (when they were real thrash).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 pm

ya i know what you mean, well none of the original Thrash bands are really thrash anymore, the original four horsemen that is. Well, Metallica's total selout to alternative/nu-metal or whatever the hell they play nowadays, and Anthrax to rap-metal or grindcore, and even Megadeth was modern-rock rather than thrash, whereas Slayer have remained 'truest' to their roots...their sound hasnt really changed over the years, i consider Slayer the only of the 4 bands that didnt sell out. well then again, its just my oppinion Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:18 am

Megadeth007 wrote:
ya i know what you mean, well none of the original Thrash bands are really thrash anymore, the original four horsemen that is. Well, Metallica's total selout to alternative/nu-metal or whatever the hell they play nowadays, and Anthrax to rap-metal or grindcore, and even Megadeth was modern-rock rather than thrash, whereas Slayer have remained 'truest' to their roots...their sound hasnt really changed over the years, i consider Slayer the only of the 4 bands that didnt sell out. well then again, its just my oppinion Smile
Two things:
1) When the hell did Anthrax ever sound like grindcore? They sounded like groove metal but never grindcore.

2) Slayer sold out around the time Kerry King discovered Slipknot and felt the need to sound like them.

However, this thread is not about how much the big 4 of thrash suck nowadays, it's about The Four Horsemen. The songs are catchy, but the riffs aren't all that interesting to me. However, I am digging the Hetfield-meets-Belladonna sound of the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 6:44 am

Megadeth didn't sell out. Their style changed, sure, but they're still solidly heavy metal. Metallica is unrecognizable. Megadeth is still churching out crunching metal, albeit not as heavy as the 80's. People change, it doesn't make them sellouts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 3:59 pm

yeah well with all these sub-genres and crossovers i can't keep a track of which is which, i thought lamb of god was groove metal whatever that means, however i totally dislike Anthrax's 'new' style as opposed to anything Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer changed to, especially Megadeth since they are my favourite band.
and these new guys are really good btw
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:53 pm

lol, i like to catorgorize metal into three genres: old 70's metal (zepplin, acdc, sabbath that sort or stuff) thrash metal, and death metal.
i think that peaple are too caught up in trying to develop a new genre and confuse it with creating a personal style. venom to me is just a thrash band with a style peaple now call their style black metal, which to me is just the name of one of their songs.
I mean, i am really serprised that pantera did'nt clam to have created a genre called 'wife-beatcore' lol, enough with the subgenre crap!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 7:07 pm

amen to that
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:22 am

These guys will be great, one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen   (new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(new) old school epic thrash: The Four Horsemen
Page 1 of 1