Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Four Horsemen

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Shiney
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
SideShowDisaSter
Fat Freddy
Trial by Fire
mc666
Required Fields
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:44 pm

www.myspace.com/thefourhorsemenband
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:46 pm

These guys asked for opinions. So what do you think?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2007 11:47 pm

What a coincidence that I am listening to Megadeth's Killing is My Business...and Business is Good! album right now. Guess what song it's on? "Mechanix".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:37 am

the Metallica/Metal Church influences are definitely there. at times the singer has a very weak Belladonna-like delivery. you can really hear it in "Kill Or Be Killed" & "Treason".

sounds like pretty decent stuff.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 1:10 pm

I think these guys are really young. If they keep at it, they could annihilate.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:19 pm

These guys absolutely haul. I nearly pulled a neck muscle with Swift Justice blastin' through my speakers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 2:26 pm

Wasn't there a band in the late 80s/early 90s by this name? I could swear I got a promo copy of an album by a "Four Horsemen" when I was writing about music for my college newspaper.
Be that as it may, this band sounds pretty darn good.
Back to top Go down

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wasn't there a band in the late 80s/early 90s by this name? I could swear I got a promo copy of an album by a "Four Horsemen" when I was writing about music for my college newspaper.
Yup. A rock band. Shiney just sent me one of their CDs.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:34 pm

I liked it! There is definite potential there. I agree with mc, there are obvious Metal Church / Metallica influences.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Good stuff - heavy Metallica/Megadeth classic speed/trash metal influence - they have potential
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah, I recall hearing about a band by that name somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Ya, the original Four Horsemen were in with the wave of retro rock that was spearheaded by the Black Crowes, and included bands like Raging Slab, Brother Cane, Drivin & Cryin, maybe Circus of Power, etc. (Blaze Bailey's Wolfsbane?)
They had a song called "Rockin' Is My Buisines, and Business Is Good"; and their sound is slightly AC/DC inflected. Two albums that I know of.
I think one of their key members might have died in the mid 90's.

p.s.- If anybody knows who wrestlings's original Four Horsemen were, I'd like to know. I saw them wrestle once in Kansas City, at that time it was Ric Flair, Arn & Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:26 pm

the original FOUR HORSEMEN released their cd in 1991...very no frills sleazy rawk ala AC/DC....killer vox courtesy of Frank Starr who died in a motorcylce accident in the late 90's.

Their drummer Dimwit died in the early 90's as well....

Their Guiarist HAGGIS was in THE CULT at one point too I believe...

They released a 2nd cd that in my opinion was pretty crapola...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 7:46 pm

I like what i've heard. This band has alot of metal spirit and potential. I might get a demo and check them out on my cd player at home at full volume! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 8:50 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:

p.s.- If anybody knows who wrestlings's original Four Horsemen were, I'd like to know. I saw them wrestle once in Kansas City, at that time it was Ric Flair, Arn & Ole Anderson, and Tully Blanchard.

I think those were the originals. Either way , you got to see true legends wrestle
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 9:09 pm

Shiney wrote:
the original FOUR HORSEMEN released their cd in 1991...very no frills sleazy rawk ala AC/DC....killer vox courtesy of Frank Starr who died in a motorcylce accident in the late 90's.

THAT'S why it rang a bell with me... I remembered the Cult connection.

Well, if two of the "old" Four Horsemen are dead, I suppose this new bunch doesn't have to worry about being sued for the name... The Four Horsemen 927150
Back to top Go down

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Good stuff! Glad to see bands keeping thrash going!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 10:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shiney wrote:

THAT'S why it rang a bell with me... I remembered the Cult connection.

Well, if two of the "old" Four Horsemen are dead, I suppose this new bunch doesn't have to worry about being sued for the name... The Four Horsemen 927150

I have the 2 releases from the "original" Four Horsemen which I still listen to quite frequently. If I remember correctly, Frank Starr was in a coma for almost a year after the accident before his family pulled the plug. It's a shame, they were a good, hard rock band. Good stuff, but way different than these new kids. I like what I hear from them too. They've got alot of potential.
Back to top Go down

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 11:15 pm

hey, haha, i'm in this band! i'm the one second to right in my picture. thanks for the comments!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:18 am

Good band. \m/
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:31 am

Pretty cool music, but the name needs a change. So as not to conflict with the brilliant original Four Horseman band of the early 90's. RIP Frank Starr, they don't make rockstars like him anymore. A true rock n' roll outlaw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Four Horsemen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Four Horsemen   The Four Horsemen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Four Horsemen
Page 1 of 1