Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix

Go down 
+17
skullsmasher
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
manny
TH Joe
ghost
Troublezone
XYZ
mc666
metalinmyveins
Leatherface
the sentinel
Schbopo
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Four Horsemen Vs. Mechanix
Four Horsemen
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_lcap61%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_rcap
 61% [ 20 ]
Mechanix
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_lcap36%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_rcap
 36% [ 12 ]
They both suck
Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_lcap3%Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Empty
PostSubject: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm

A classic Metallica song vs. a classic Megadeth song! They're pretty similiar, for obvious reasons, but there's certainly some differences. Anyway, which do you prefer? The epic Metallica track or the thrashy Megadeth track?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 pm

War, Conquest, Famine, and Death

Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn and Ole Anderson

The 4 Horsemen
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:51 pm

the sentinel wrote:
War, Conquest, Famine, and Death

Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn and Ole Anderson

The 4 Horsemen

You left out Kaos!

(bonus points for whoever gets that reference)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Four Horsemen. The part that James added in the middle makes the song much more interesting, not to mention Megadeth played it way too fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:59 pm

This is probably the only time you'll see me pick Megadeth over Metallica, but I love Dave's version of this tune.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Got to go with Four Horsemen. Favorite song off Kill 'em All.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:51 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Four Horsemen. The part that James added in the middle makes the song much more interesting, not to mention Megadeth played it way too fast.

For me it's the riff at the 2:37 mark of the song. It's one of the best riffs Metallica has in their arsenal, and it's one of the reasons its a better song than Mechanix. The other is the lyrics: The Four Horsemen is darker, and frankly the Mechanix is just silly. Mechanix is still a really good song, because of the guitar work, but The Four Horsemen is vastly superior.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:56 am

Horsemen definitely. Deth didn't hit their stride until their second album.

XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 am

Funny how I listened to both today before I even came across the thread. I like Metallica's version more. I know Dave wrote it, but Metallica made it a bit more epic.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 am

I don't know how anyone could think Mechanix is better. It's too fast, sloppy and the lyrics are weird. Not to mention the crap production. The only ones that vote Megadeth for this one are probably doing it just because they hate Metallica in general.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 am

Troublezone wrote:
I don't know how anyone could think Mechanix is better. It's too fast, sloppy and the lyrics are weird. Not to mention the crap production. The only ones that vote Megadeth for this one are probably doing it just because they hate Metallica in general.

No, I don't hate Metallica...I just always liked the rawness of the Megadeth version. That's actually the only song I like on Killing Is My Business...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No, I don't hate Metallica...I just always liked the rawness of the Megadeth version. That's actually the only song I like on Killing Is My Business...

And i thought Kill 'em All was raw but Killing is my Business... is pure garage boombox recording.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:07 am

I like both versions, but as Four Horsemen is the better one for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:12 am

I don't let recording quality influence my opinion of a song.

I have many songs from the 20's & 30's in my collection, just because they don't sound like they were recorded yesterday doesn't make them any less worthy as songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:16 am

detuned wrote:

I have many songs from the 20's & 30's in my collection, just because they don't sound like they were recorded yesterday doesn't make them any less worthy as songs.

Kill 'em All was recorded before and sounds so much better and even early Sabbath had better sound. Maybe the sound engineer was doing drugs with them back then.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:22 am

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:

Kill 'em All was recorded before and sounds so much better and even early Sabbath had better sound. Maybe the sound engineer was doing drugs with them back then.

Laughing

Ever listened to Welcome To Hell or Black Metal?
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 am

Troublezone wrote:

First of all, I don't think there's such a thing as TOO FAST when you're talking about thrash metal. Second, "Mechanix" isn't sloppy, at all. The production is just lame so you can't hear everything perfectly (the song rips live!). Third, the lyrics are very weird but so are the lyrics to "The Four Horsemen". I love Metallica and "The Four Horsemen", too. But I voted for the original. I voted for "Mechanix". 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:15 am

Quote :
And i thought Kill 'em All was raw but Killing is my Business... is pure garage boombox recording.

The KIMBABIG remaster is a huge improvement on the original Combat issue. Sonically is it is a much better release.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:54 am

I voted for Mechanix over Four Horsemen, I am a Metallica fan but I have always prefered Megadeth, that being said I just like way Dave Mustaine and Chris Poland play it, as far as the lyrics, I always thought it was Dave Mustaine's way at taking a piss at Metallica by turning the song into a silly sex song, instead of the epic it may have been intended to be originally.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:33 am

Four Horseman - but I lik eboth and the fact that Metallica played it last night when I saw them might have something to do with it 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:41 am

"Four Horsemen" for me too. I like both versions (and I love the fact that Dave recorded "Mechanix" basically as a big ole middle finger to his former bandmates) but "Mechanix" (as well as most of the stuff on KILLING IS MY BUSINESS) is a little on the sloppy side.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:05 am

Like 'em both, voted for "Four Horsemen". Heard Metallica first, so that's a major reason why.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:26 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

The KIMBABIG remaster is a huge improvement on the original Combat issue. Sonically is it is a much better release.

I guess it's an improvement but they went over board and added too much bass especially the kick drum. I actually prefer the combat releases to these remasters because too many things got messed with and redone. I like the way that the Queensryche, Tourniquet and Nevermore remasters came out but the Megadeth ones are making the music sound too different.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:44 am

Four Horsemen for me.As others have mentioned Mechanix is a little too sloppy for me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am

Mechanix
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix   Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Horsemen vs. Mechanix
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next