Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm

detuned wrote:
I made the mistake of attempting to listen to Long Cold Winter a couple weeks ago...ACK...it was horrid.

Wasn't there at least one or two Ok songs from that album?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 pm

I also like 'Long Cold Winter', I still think it is a solid album.

What I find amazing is that Pretty Boy Floyd used studio musicians to play on their album, what was the producer's instructions, 'Could you please play that a little bit more sh!tter on this next take"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:
I made the mistake of attempting to listen to Long Cold Winter a couple weeks ago...ACK...it was horrid.

Wasn't there at least one or two Ok songs from that album?

I used to like that album when it first came out. But either it has aged horribly...or I have!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:11 pm

I like all their albums to some degree.Heartbreak Station I thought was good just went a little further into the blues territory
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:17 pm

For me Night Songs will always be their best. Nobody's Fool is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Yeah Night Songs is my fave.Shake Me is a rockin tune.
What does this thread have to do with Bon Jovi? lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Bon Jovi discovered Cinderella so it is still Bon Jovi related.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 pm

I've been a Cinderella fan-boy since the beginning. Seen 'em in small clubs and big arenas and have all the cd's. Gotta support my homies.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Didn't the bass player have a heart attack a few years back?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Yup. Between that and Tom Kiefer's continuing vocal problems, it's no wonder they haven't put out any new material in years. There gonna slip into Chinese Democracy-territory soon.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yup. Between that and Tom Kiefer's continuing vocal problems, it's no wonder they haven't put out any new material in years. There gonna slip into Chinese Democracy-territory soon.

What's his vocal problems? He has always sounded like he had a frog in his throat.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The difference between Cinderella and GNR is that Cinderella have never said "Our new album will be out soon! We're workin' on it! Just wait a LITTLE longer!" for ten years straight.

Actually, have they EVER worked on new material since STILL CLIMBING? They were regulars on the hair-metal nostalgia-tour circuit for a while in the late 90s/early 00's but album release-wise, all we got were a couple of Greatest Hits compilations.

I do seem to remember back around 99 or so when Great White and Ratt suddenly got major-label deals again with John Kalodner's Portrait Records imprint and put out new albums (CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE and Ratt's S/T), that Cinderella were supposed to do a new album for that label too, but nothing ever materialized.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

What's his vocal problems? He has always sounded like he had a frog in his throat.

He's had multiple surgeries to remove polyps (sp?) from his vocal cords.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The difference between Cinderella and GNR is that Cinderella have never said "Our new album will be out soon! We're workin' on it! Just wait a LITTLE longer!" for ten years straight.

Actually, have they EVER worked on new material since STILL CLIMBING? They were regulars on the hair-metal nostalgia-tour circuit for a while in the late 90s/early 00's but album release-wise, all we got were a couple of Greatest Hits compilations.

I do seem to remember back around 99 or so when Great White and Ratt suddenly got major-label deals again with John Kalodner's Portrait Records imprint and put out new albums (CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE and Ratt's S/T), that Cinderella were supposed to do a new album for that label too, but nothing ever materialized.

I'm not sure how far along things have gotten, but when Jeff LeBar and Eric Brittingham were doing press for their side-project (Naked Beggars), the Cinderella question would always come up and they said "Yea, Tom's been demo-ing some tracks, working on material, yadda, yadda, yadda." Who knows when, if ever, it will see the light of day. I'd certainly like to hear some new music from those guys.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Some choice excerpts from our friends at Wiki:

...Unfortunately, after the Heartbreak Station tour Tom lost his voice. He underwent several operations to no avail. Eventually it was determined that he had nodules on his vocal cords and paralysis of the left cord.

...Keifer continued to have surgery to remove nodules on his vocal cords. He also battled depression. He was forced to learn how to sing again because of the paralysis of his left cord, but he eventually began working on material for a solo album.

...Keifer recently said that his solo album will be released shortly, and a new album from Cinderella is possible somewhere down the road, though not immediately.
Cinderella had planned to tour in 2008 with Warrant and Lynch Mob. Unfortunately the tour had to be postponed after Keifer's left vocal cord hemorrhaged again, thereby making it impossible for him to sing in the immediate future.

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Ian Gillan had the same issue in the mid-80's but eventually made a full recovery, he had to temper back the "banshee-wail" a little bit but his voice is solid again.

Ian Anderson also went through the same problem around the time they recorded Under Wraps, but in his case he never fully recovered. He still has a good voice but it's not nearly as powerful as it used to be.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm

I have soft spot for those cinderfellas, name a better song than Gypsy Road from that era?

Shame about Tom's voice though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2