Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:15 am

I got this awhile back and i think it's pretty good and it features Jeff Beck on a lot of the songs. It has a southwestern feel with a heavy dose of John Mellencamp influence.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:04 am

I remember my old roommate having this cd. Along with Beck, isn't there like, 20 different guitarists that played on that? I seem to remember some ridiculous amount of players on it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 am

Only thing I remember about this CD besides the press making a big deal about Jeff Beck appearing on the disc is, that his solo album didnot sound any different than the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 am

Alright, so it wasn't 20 differnet guys, but it was still allot...
  • Kenny Aronoff – Drums, Percussion
  • Jeff Beck – Electric Guitar
  • Jon Bon Jovi – Vocals, Backing Vocals, Guitars, Piano, Harmonica, Producer
  • Robbin Crosby – Guitar

• Bob Glaub – Bass
  • Randy Jackson – Bass
  • Elton John – Piano, Backing Vocals
  • Danny Kortchmar – Guitar, Producer
  • Aldo Nova – Guitars, Keyboards, Piano, Tambourine
  • Phil Parlapiano – Accordion
  • Lou Diamond Phillips – Vocals
  • The Runners – Hand Claps
  • Little Richard- Piano, Vocals
  • Benmont Tench – Organ, Piano
    Waddy Wachtel - Guitar, Slide Guitar

• _________________
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
    Back to top Go down
    manny
    mini boss
    mini boss
    manny

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
  • Robbin Crosby – Guitar

• Bob Glaub – Bass
  • Randy Jackson – Bass

• Got to say that is an impressive group of musicians, expect for that American Idol tool Randy Jackson.
    Back to top Go down
    MetalGuy71
    Bukkake Tsunami
    MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:25 am

manny wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:
  • Robbin Crosby – Guitar

• Bob Glaub – Bass
  • Randy Jackson – Bass

• Got to say that is an impressive group of musicians, expect for that American Idol tool Randy Jackson.

Do you think it's the same guy? Is the American Idol guy a bass player? I thought he was a producer or something, but I guess it's not out of the question. Or maybe it's one of the Jackson 5 brothers. Wasn't there a Randy in that bunch too? Very Happy

mini boss
    mini boss
    manny

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:31 am

It is the same Randy Jackson, he was a session musician in the 80's and 90's, he also played bass on Journey's "Raised on Radio", Pete Townshend, and countless other musicians. He is also a producer and A &R guy, but I could not tell you any artist he produced than any of us on this board would give two sh!ts about.
    Back to top Go down
    Troublezone
    Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Quote :
    he also played bass on Journey's "Raised on Radio

That's what i was going to say.
    Back to top Go down
    Fat Freddy
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Randy Jackson also played bass on Stryper's cover of "Shining Star" that appears on the AGAINST THE LAW album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
    Back to top Go down
    Troublezone
    Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
    Randy Jackson also played bass on Stryper's cover of "Shining Star" that appears on the AGAINST THE LAW album.

Amazingly Tim Gaines barely played on any Stryper albums.
    Back to top Go down
    Fat Freddy
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
    Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, and the funny part is that I recently found a stash of my old college newspapers and re-read a bunch of the album reviews I wrote for'em back then... when I reviewed AGAINST THE LAW I pointed out "Shining Star" as a highlight track and said "Check out Tim Gaines' standout bass lines on this one!" -- oops. Guess I should've read the liner notes a little more closely. Heh heh.

I should post some of those old reviews here, some of y'all would probably get a kick out of 'em. I cringed when I read a lot of 'em. I sounded sooooo pretentious!! Here I was reviewing all these second rate hair metal records but I was trying to sound like I was writing for Rolling Stone. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
    Back to top Go down
    MetalGuy71
    Bukkake Tsunami
    MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Wow. I'm this close to actually having some respect for this Jackson guy. Apparenty he's got some real credibility under his belt. Too bad that all gets washed away when I see him sitting next to Paula and calling everyone "dawg".

Quote :

Why is that? No good? Sloppy mess? Wrong hairspray?

Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Wow. I'm this close to actually having some respect for this Jackson guy. Apparenty he's got some real credibility under his belt. Too bad that all gets washed away when I see him sitting next to Paula and calling everyone "dawg".

Quote :

I don't remember why but he was always on the tours. Laughing very hard
    Back to top Go down
    MetalGuy71
    Bukkake Tsunami
    MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Funny. I've heard the same thing about Fred Coury of Cinderella. He didn't play much on their first 2 or 3 albums, but I've seen them live a few times and he's always seemed ok. Nothing flashy, but decent enough.

Metal, Movies, Beer
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Laughing very hard I was just about to mention the similarities between Tim G. and Fred Coury's career paths!

They should get together and start their own band. But then I guess they'd only play live shows and never actually record anything.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Troublezone
    Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Funny. I've heard the same thing about Fred Coury of Cinderella. He didn't play much on their first 2 or 3 albums, but I've seen them live a few times and he's always seemed ok. Nothing flashy, but decent enough.

I didn't know that Cinderella had anything flashy to begin with. Razz
    Back to top Go down
    manny
    mini boss
    mini boss
    manny

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

That is Cozy Powell uncredited on 'Long Cold Winter' , also Alec John Such never or rarely played on anyof the Bon Jovi albums, and of course the late Sid Vicious did not play bass on Never Mind the Bollocks but that is hardly surprising since Johnny Rotten would order the roadies to unplug his bass amps when they played live.

Last edited by manny on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Ronnie Younkins from Kix had a tendency to not be sober enough to record...thus Brad Divens (Wrathchild America) plays guitar on Cool Kids and a variety of session guitarists were used to complete the Blow My Fuse album. Come to think of it...Anton Fig plays most of the drums on Midnight Dynamite as well.
    Back to top Go down
    Troublezone
    Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm

detuned wrote:
    Ronnie Younkins from Kix had a tendency to not be sober enough to record...thus Brad Divens (Wrathchild America) plays guitar on Cool Kids and a variety of session guitarists were used to complete the Blow My Fuse album. Come to think of it...Anton Fig plays most of the drums on Midnight Dynamite as well.

So who is the guitarist who tears it up on the solo for (cold blood)?
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
    detuned wrote:

So who is the guitarist who tears it up on the solo for (cold blood)?

The solo on that song is by Brian "Damage" Forsythe, who was actually the better guitarist of the two anyway.
    Back to top Go down
    Thrasher73
    Much Cooler than the other 72
    Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Their Wardrobe Smile
    Back to top Go down
    Troublezone
    Road Warrior
    Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:35 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Their Wardrobe Smile

Or the sweat on Tom's lips.
    Back to top Go down
    MetalGuy71
    Bukkake Tsunami
    MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

manny wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:
    Troublezone wrote:
    MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

That is Cozy Powell uncredited on 'Long Cold Winter' , also Alec John Such never or rarely played on anyof the Bon Jovi albums, and of course the late Sid Vicious did not play bass on Never Mind the Bollocks but that is hardly surprising since Johnny Rotten would order the roadies to unplug his bass amps when they played live.

Yea, that sounds about right. I seem to remember hearing that one about Cozy on Long Cold Winter. Someone else (Kevin Valentine?) played on the debut too. I seem to recall studio drummer Kenny Arnoff (sp?) getting a credit on a later Cinderella album, although that could have been when Fred briefly left the band and did that Arcade-project with Stephen Pearcy.

I know I posted about it somewhere else on here long ago, but I heard a story back-in-the-day, before inter-webs and stuff, that it was all studio musicians on Pretty Boy Floyd's debut album. Dunno if that was true or not, but since I didn't like PBF, I was happy to accept it as fact. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm

I made the mistake of attempting to listen to Long Cold Winter a couple weeks ago...ACK...it was horrid.
    Back to top Go down
    Fat Freddy
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Metal, Movies, Beer
    Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

detuned wrote:
    I made the mistake of attempting to listen to Long Cold Winter a couple weeks ago...ACK...it was horrid.

I like "LCW." In fact, I like all of Cinderella's albums to some degree. HEARTBREAK STATION is definitely the weakest, but their last album, STILL CLIMBING, is pretty solid too.

OK, now that I've said that, I'll go turn in my Headbangers Local #666 union membership card. Laughing

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack   Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory soundtrack
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
    Jump to: