Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?

Go down 
+5
Glower
MoonChild
MetallicSeminarian
80s Metal Lady
9 posters

Riding the Storm
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap42%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Renegade
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap8%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Evilution
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap0%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Running Blood
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap0%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Highland Glory (The Eternal Fight)
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap8%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Marooned
 8% [ 1 ]
Bad to the Bone
Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_lcap25%Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Tortuga Bay
 0% [ 0 ]
Death or Glory
 0% [ 0 ]
Battle of Waterloo
 8% [ 1 ]
March On
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Empty
PostSubject: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Released November 8, 1989, Death or Glory was the last Running Wild release of the 1980s. It was the winner (by one vote) of a RW albums poll on this forum. If Spotify is any indication, I will predict that the first song, “Riding the Storm,” will be the landslide victor in this poll. It is the second most popular RW track on Spotify just behind “Under Jolly Roger.” It is excellent, but my vote will go to a different track.

Death or Glory is another solid release with many stand-out tracks, although I think the quality of superb tracks is better on Port Royal. The beginning is on fire with the first three songs. “Renegade” is an upbeat rocker. I really like that song. “Evilution” almost got my vote. It is catchy but also very intense. Its ending is a little weak, however. As with “Final Gates” on Port Royal, I really dig the instrumental track, "Highland Glory (The Eternal Fight)." It has a different sound to it. Is there a synthesizer thing going on?

I really like the guitar riff in “Battle of Waterloo.” That song goes a bit long, though. Unlike their other albums, I’m not that crazy about the title track here. It ends on a good note with “March On.” Now for my vote: “Bad to the Bone.” I didn’t know until I checked the Wikipedia entry to get the release date and track listing for this poll that it was released as a single from this album. I can see why. That song is catchy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm going to go with Bad To The Bone, although there are quite a few winners on this one.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:13 am

Gotta go with Bad to the Bone, just beating out Renegade. The whole album is fantastic, though.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:49 am

Riding the Storm for me.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 11:47 am

Another killer pirate song - unique -
you can taste the blood, sweat and rain -
They wrote some classic Jolly Roger material -
blue skies - dark - ocean - aggresive - rum soaked.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 11:34 pm

Renegade. It's simple yet catchy.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 pm

The voting is closer than I expected. Next poll is posted on Saturday, so plenty of time to listen to this album on Spotify if you don't have it and would like to participate (actually, these polls never close and you can change your vote if you change your mind).
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 9:57 pm

God, this album! My second favorite I think behind Blazon Stone.

Why did no one vote for Highland Glory?? I know it's an instrumental and all but--god it's so intense. The most prog the band has ever gone.

I believe it's a bass with delay.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Battle of Waterloo!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Marooned. But the entire album smokes actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”?   Which is the Glory of Running Wild’s “Death Or Glory”? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1