Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bon Jovi-Dry County

Go down 
+3
journeyman
kmorg
DallasBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Bon Jovi-Dry County Empty
PostSubject: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:59 am

Anyone familiar with this song? It is from Keep The Faith and is, IMO, one of the best hard rock songs of at least the early 90s if not beyond. Everything about that song is flawless, from the lyrics to the melody, to the great guitar solo. Not to mention the whole album in general.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:06 am

I agree 100% with everything you posted! The entire alum is Bon jovi in their prime, if you ak me. So many people can't seem to get beyond 'Slippery When Wet', and are totally missing out on the more "serious" side of this band.

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:01 pm

I love Bon Jovi in general. Funny because I was going to post a thread on their new album (I guess I should as this thread is different).

Anyway - great song. Great band. Great album.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:24 pm

That there is a great song. It's up there with "Livin' On A Prayer", "Runaway", "It's My Life", and "I'll Be There For You" as one of the best numbers they did.

Love Richie's guitar solo. I wonder what happened to the guitar solo in most of today's mainstream music.... scratch
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Androcles wrote:
That there is a great song. It's up there with "Livin' On A Prayer", "Runaway", "It's My Life", and "I'll Be There For You" as one of the best numbers they did.

Love Richie's guitar solo. I wonder what happened to the guitar solo in most of today's mainstream music.... scratch

Some claim that it destracts from the overall music. However, I believe that they lack the skills to do a decent solo or they're trying to fit in with other bands that don't do it. For instance, Dino Cazares (ex-Fear Factory/Brurjeria) claims that he can but chooses not to but I don't quite believe him (I could be wrong).
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 10:26 pm

Just listened to the song for the first time (had the cd but hadn't had the chance to listen). Good song and good album. Gonna need to grab this for my drive to work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:14 am

journeyman wrote:
Just listened to the song for the first time (had the cd but hadn't had the chance to listen). Good song and good album. Gonna need to grab this for my drive to work tomorrow.

I actually had that album for over a year and only listened to the radio hits. When I actually listened to the whole album I was kicking myself for waiting so long. While Bed Of Roses, Keep The Faith, and In These Arms were some of my favorites at the time, Dry County topped them all and I also If I Was Your Mother, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, and I Want You are on my favorite list as well
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:55 pm

Really cool song. From the same album, 'Bed of Roses' is one of their best ballads.

'I Believe' is a great opener for the record as well. A very good album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm

It's a good song. Keep The Faith is a great album. I got the version with 2 extra tracks, Save A Prayer & Starting All Over Again.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 pm

akeldama wrote:
It's a good song. Keep The Faith is a great album. I got the version with 2 extra tracks, Save A Prayer & Starting All Over Again.

That's a great song too.

They have so many awesome unreleased songs & B-sides. I compiled 2 full CDs of'em years ago, but ended up losing both. Sad

Their box set was a cool idea, but the funny thing is, they left OFF most of what I had gathered up. They could still probably put out a 2 disc set of unreleased stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Over the years I have picked up all of Bon Jovi's major releases. To this day "Keep The Faith" has always remained my favorite. I do not think there is a single bad song on that album. I still play this Cd often.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:52 pm

'Keep The Faith" is almost the forgotten Bon Jovi album, it came out in a weird time when this type of music was getting buried alive by Grunge, but this guys managed to survive and are one of the few bands from their era who survived with their audience intact.

" Keep The Faith" is one of better Bon Jovi albums, the title track maybe my favorite Bon Jovi tune.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:02 pm

manny wrote:
'Keep The Faith" is almost the forgotten Bon Jovi album, it came out in a weird time when this type of music was getting buried alive by Grunge, but this guys managed to survive and are one of the few bands from their era who survived with their audience intact.

" Keep The Faith" is one of better Bon Jovi albums, the title track maybe my favorite Bon Jovi tune.

I think "These Days" suffered a lot B/C of Grunge and I think it's a hella good album. Ritchie plays a mean axe throughout and the lyrics are somewhat dark, which I like.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:04 pm

It is funny growing up I thought Bon Jovi sucked, the Duran Duran of pop/hair metal, music for girls.

20 plus years later not only am I fan of Bon Jovi but also Duran Duran, go figure.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Androcles wrote:

Some claim that it destracts from the overall music. However, I believe that they lack the skills to do a decent solo or they're trying to fit in with other bands that don't do it. For instance, Dino Cazares (ex-Fear Factory/Brurjeria) claims that he can but chooses not to but I don't quite believe him (I could be wrong).

Dino plays a few good solos on Divine Heresy's album. He def can do it. As for DC that song has one thing going for it that solo. That is one awesome solo. The solo was so awesome that Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold actually took a piece from it and put it in his Seize the Day solo which is also one of my favs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 12:29 am

Keep the Faith, in my opinion, was the last great Bon Jovi album. It came out exactly during that time when the whole glam thing was almost totally gone, but the grunge trend still hadn't fully struck, so some 80's artists were releasing totally unbiased and authentic rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bon Jovi-Dry County   Bon Jovi-Dry County Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bon Jovi-Dry County
Page 1 of 1