Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"

Go down 
+6
iamrockerfun
manny
metalinmyveins
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Empty
PostSubject: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Sign me up for that school! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:05 pm

Awesome video. Tony has some crunching riffs. I would've went up there and jammed with both of them, not sit there in awe...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 2:12 pm

I can't believe I missed this episode. In fact, I didn't even know their was a "Rock School 2". I watched quite a bit of the first season, but never knew they continued on with it. Very cool to see these two in the room at the same time. I love how Tony gave Kiss their props when one of the kids put him on the spot with who's better Black Sabbath or Kiss. I wonder if Gene would've done the same?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:10 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I can't believe I missed this episode. In fact, I didn't even know their was a "Rock School 2". I watched quite a bit of the first season, but never knew they continued on with it. Very cool to see these two in the room at the same time. I love how Tony gave Kiss their props when one of the kids put him on the spot with who's better Black Sabbath or Kiss. I wonder if Gene would've done the same?

I am sure he would, in interviews he always praises bands he admires when asked about bands he has toured with or listened to.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:13 pm

manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

I am sure he would, in interviews he always praises bands he admires when asked about bands he has toured with or listened to.

Gene pretty much DID praise Sabbath and Iommi at the beginning of this clip.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:32 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Gene pretty much DID praise Sabbath and Iommi at the beginning of this clip.

ult

I just thought it was interesting when one of the kids posed a question to Tony. Do you think Black Sabbath was a better/bigger band than Kiss? Tony stated, I don't think there was another band like Kiss. I don't think Tony was saying Kiss was better, but he worded it the best one could w/out going down a direction that could be seen as uncomfortable. I just wonder how Gene would've handled that question had the kids thrown that same question at him. I think Gene can be very complimentary, but I'm not sure he would be one that could admit that someone from within the same genre was bigger/better than Kiss. Then again ULT, you're knowledge of Kiss far exceeds mine.

I wonder where Gene would place Kiss among the contemporaries like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, etc?

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 3:33 pm

That one is easy to answer metalveins, Gene would place KISS at #1
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 pm

manny wrote:

I guess that's what I was getting at. I see Gene in the same light. I think it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Gene to admit that any of those bands were bigger/better than Kiss. I think Gene can only be so modest. I guess if I were in Gene's shoes, I would've deferred to Black Sabbath being the better of the two groups. I say that, because in many cases one normally would take that approach when dealing with those who came before. It doesn't mean that Black Sabbath is the better band (though I believe this to be true), but it acknowledges a certain respect to those who came before you.

Case in point, one tends to see this happen in the sports world. Most of today's athletes will go out of their way to praise the athletes who have long retired, or who are long time veterans in their perspective sport. Athletes are humble in the sense that they for the most part, don't bring up personal achievements, and generally shy away from talk regarding statistics, and what their legacy may be. Though there will always be those like "Team obliterator" Terrell Owens.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:01 pm

All Tony had to say was "Of course we were bigger and better, the only thing bigger and better about Gene is his tongue"
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 pm

fantastic
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:46 pm

I think Black Sabbath were better musicians and had huge impact on bands that followed including KISS. But KISS was much bigger than just a successful rock band they were a cultural phenomenia, only other musicians that have made an impact as big as KISS (excluding Elvis) are The Beatles and Madonna, and I suppose to certain extent Britny Spears.

KISS was household name, and album sales I am sure KISS eclipsed Black Sabbath. Also KISS influence on other musicians is wide range it includes not only metal bands but artist such as Garth Brooks, Lenny Kravitz and so many others.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:02 pm

F*cking lucky British kids! angry
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:08 pm

Would be nice to see an album or song with those two.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Simmons is hardly a poor bassist. The man knows how to play his instrument. It's been one of my longtime dreams to meet Gene Simmons, even if only for a few minutes to get an autograph.

Iommi is a riff master. I'd love to meet him someday as well.

Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Schbopo wrote:
F*cking lucky British kids! angry

thats exactly what i was thinking...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:06 am

manny wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School"   Gene Simmons & Tony Iommi "ROCK School" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1