Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album

Go down 
+10
YngwieDokkenfan
Troublezone
T-Roy
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
mc666
kmorg
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Empty
PostSubject: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 am

Worth getting? I figure this is an easy score through lala. I've heard its good, but it seems pretty poppy. Anyone have it?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:46 am

My buddy had the Blackjack album, which was his rock band before going solo, featuring ex-Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick. From what I remember of that album, it was fairly generic hard rock/metal-lite. We just goofed on it because it was Michael Bolton being "metal". I wouldn't imagine his first solo album would be very far removed from the stuff Blackjack was doing.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:48 am

I had it at one time, but I mostly owned it because I am/was a KISS fanatic and purchased everything KISS related. Bruce Kulick played guitar on it. However, I don't recall listening to it much. From what I remember it was sort of generic light rock and not much else. I also remember his last name was spelled a bit different on that album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
I had it at one time, but I mostly owned it because I am/was a KISS fanatic and purchased everything KISS related. Bruce Kulick played guitar on it. However, I don't recall listening to it much. From what I remember it was sort of generic light rock and not much else. I also remember his last name was spelled a bit different on that album.

Yea, wasn't he Michael Bolitini or something?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:50 am

Blackjack! That's the one I was thinking about. Looks like his first solo album was a bit of that light AOR stuff, too.
Back to top Go down

I know that both Eric Martin (Mr. Big) & Joe Lynn Turner (duh!) sing back up on it...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yea, wasn't he Michael Bolitini or something?

Something like that. Bolotin, or Boliton or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
Blackjack! That's the one I was thinking about. Looks like his first solo album was a bit of that light AOR stuff, too.

I remember when Bruce joined Kiss and I asked my buddy (who is a huge Kiss fan) where he came from. I had never heard of the guy and he tells me he played in a band with Michael Bolton. I nearly fell on the floor laughing. "Michael Bolton's guitarist is in KISS? You've got to be sh**ting me!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 am

Wow! That Blackjack CD is an insta-ship on lala! Haha. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:04 am

I recall seeing the video to one of the songs on Beavis and Butt-Head one time. "When I found out this was a Michael Bolton video, I nearly crapped my pants."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:05 am

Look at the writing credits on Track 7:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:39fuxql5ld6e
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 am

Anyone see the credits for the movie Hot Shots: Part Deux? They list a song on the soundtrack as "I've Got a Lot of Hair For a Bald Guy and If I Wear it Like This You Won't Notice" by Michael Bolton.

Great movie, by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 12:52 pm

I used to own it on vinyl, but never listened to it. I bought it for 10 Nkr, which is pretty much the lowest sum of money you could buy anything with here. 1 litre of gasoline costs more. Heck, even a Coke costs more!! I got it signed by Bruce Kulick at a KISS convention, then later sold it with the rest of my KISS stuff. The new owner found at that Bruce signed the plastic cover outside the actual paper cover, ripped it of the album, and placed it over his Crazy Night vinyl instead! Swchwooooch, and he had a signed Bruce Kulick Crazy Night vinyl! :lol

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:25 pm

i don't think i'd be interested in hearing such a thing as this. i don't like his voice.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:16 pm

I would guess that fans of Steve Howe era Bad Co. might enjoy Blackjack or the Bolton s/t, but the songs are pretty hit and miss even then. It's fun only as a novelty, like the records "Rex" (Smith) made when he toured with Nugent and Kiss, or the teenage "Pantera" albums (which I actually like, they remind me of vintage Pretty Maids).
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:30 pm

I'm sorry, I meant Brain Howe. Steve Howe is not only a member of Yes, but also a relief pitcher for the Dodgers in the 80's; who went through drug treatment about ten times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:38 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I would guess that fans of Steve Howe era Bad Co. might enjoy Blackjack or the Bolton s/t, but the songs are pretty hit and miss even then. It's fun only as a novelty, like the records "Rex" (Smith) made when he toured with Nugent and Kiss, or the teenage "Pantera" albums (which I actually like, they remind me of vintage Pretty Maids).
Those early Pantera albums are pretty awesome, though, if you're an 80s rock/metal fan. Not a novelty for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_Tpm0N9bc lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:18 pm

I never knew scratch!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 am

mc666 wrote:
i don't think i'd be interested in hearing such a thing
as this. i don't like his voice.
Seriously, for the love of
Pete! fainting
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 6:38 pm

Saw it in a used cd shop today for 5 bucks. Passed on Mr. Bolotin.affraid
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:58 am

A failed rocker who turned to middle aged women to support a career. I can see why Paul Stanely liked this guy. They both have that similar range and vocal tone. They wrote the song forever together.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 am

Eyesore wrote:

Bruce and mustach was not a good match! lol!

I've never understood why Michael Bolton got sych a bad rep. The man has an incredible voice. Love his Coverdale poses here! Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:41 am

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've never understood why Michael Bolton got sych a bad rep. The man has an incredible voice. Love his Coverdale poses here! Very Happy
That's it, Scott...somebody, please ban Kmorg from this forum. And no,
you DON'T have a right to your own opinion, this is too far! fainting
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:21 pm

T-Roy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's it, Scott...somebody, please ban Kmorg from this forum. And no,
you DON'T have a right to your own opinion, this is too far! fainting

lol! Hey, we Bon Jovi fans should stick together! Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next