Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slash - World On Fire

Go down 
+9
Gilbert
glassprison
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
Witchfinder
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Slash - World On Fire Empty
PostSubject: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:17 am

Legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) and his backing band, MYLES KENNEDY & THE CONSPIRATORS, will release "World On Fire", the third album to be made available under the Slash solo banner, on September 15 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America). A total of 17 songs, including one instrumental, were laid down for the follow-up to 2012's "Apocalyptic Love" with producer Michael "Elvis" Baskette (ALTER BRIDGE, FALLING IN REVERSE, INCUBUS).

"World On Fire" track listing:

01. World on Fire
02. Shadow Life
03. Automatic Overdrive
04. Wicked Stone
05. 30 Years To Life
06. Bent To Fly
07. Stone Blind
08. Too Far Gone
09. Beneath The Savage Sun
10. Withered Delilah
11. Battleground
12. Dirty Girl
13. Iris Of The Storm
14. Avalon
15. The Dissident
16. Safari Inn
17. The Unholy

Slash - World On Fire Slashworldonfire

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:18 am

Hope the music's better than that sh*tty cover. Bleah.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:24 am

Way too many songs IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:30 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Way too many songs IMO.  

I'm willing to bet that all of them will only appear on a "deluxe" edition. Or maybe some will be itunes exclusive. Or Scandinavian bonus tracks. Or in specially marked boxes of Frosted Flakes. Whatever hair-brained schemes the record companies are doing these days to milk the fans.

His last album had exclusive tracks that were only available on the Best Buy version.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:37 am

I always want to like his albums, but they rarely deliver the goods. Lots of filler and usually many, many boring songs. Maybe this one will be different.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Way too many songs IMO.  

I'm willing to bet that all of them will only appear on a "deluxe" edition. Or maybe some will be itunes exclusive. Or Scandinavian bonus tracks. Or in specially marked boxes of Frosted Flakes. Whatever hair-brained schemes the record companies are doing these days to milk the fans.

His last album had exclusive tracks that were only available on the Best Buy version.

This might very well be the case.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I always want to like his albums, but they rarely deliver the goods.  Lots of filler and usually many, many boring songs.  Maybe this one will be different.

His last album grew on me with repeated spins. I remember being disappointed upon it's initial release. He's a great lead guitarist and one of my all-time favorites, but I think his work after GnR has been spotty to say the least. He's not a strong song writer on his own.

I think that's where Izzy Stradlin doesn't get the credit he deserves. Izzy's a fine writer and player in his own right, but those 2 together were phenomenal.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm

I preferred his solo debut better but the last one was fine. I'll check this one out.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Is that a naked Barney Gumble ("The Simpsons") at the bottom of that album cover? Yikes. Someone's got issues.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Man, Slash. 12-year-old me would slap now me if he knew I would have zero interest in albums Slash puts out.

That first one that had different singers on each song was okay. But I just can't really get into any of this.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Both Snakepits were phenomenal albums. After that it was good-to-mediocre.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 4:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Both Snakepits were phenomenal albums. After that it was good-to-mediocre.

Yeah I had no problem with the Snakepit albums. Not phenomenal to me, but I enjoyed them both.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 am

Im going to go as far as saying, this is one of the better songs Slash has ever written!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:22 am

It sounds pretty good. I can only take Myles Kennedy in small doses though. There's always a handful of songs on each Slash album that I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 am

glassprison wrote:
It sounds pretty good. I can only take Myles Kennedy in small doses though. There's always a handful of songs on each Slash album that I enjoy.

Myles sings for my fav band and at times, he seems out of place on their heavier tunes!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:46 am

A few weeks ago I picked up it's five o'clock somewhere, as I felt it had a GNR vibe to it.

I never bothered to check any of his other releases.

Not sure this one will be an instant purchase.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 pm

The opening riff is good but the song just rambles without a memorable melody. But the worst offender is it ain't sleazy. Pass.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 6:18 pm

its an ok song...I see slash is the opening act for Aerosmiths upcoming world tour...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 pm

"Legendary" ??? Talk about hype...

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 1:17 pm

I know you guys don't like him - but this album is incredibly good. I can't make out a filler. All of those 17 tracks just rock. One of my favourites of the year, so far.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 12:22 pm

17 tracks seemed like a bit much in this day and age, but I've found the album flows pretty nicely. It's allot of songs but I don't feel it drags on too long. I'm still not 100% sold on Myles Kennedy though. His voice can be irritating to me some times.

I've also been revisiting all of Slash's back catalog lately and there just seems to be something missing from all his solo works. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly. The tone or sound of his playing sounds too samey or sterile or something. Not sure what it is. Maybe it lacks hooks or identity.

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
I know you guys don't like him - but this album is incredibly good. I can't make out a filler. All of those 17 tracks just rock. One of my favourites of the year, so far.

110% agreed. Fantastic album headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:40 pm

This album was a huge disappointment to me. Out of 17 songs, I probably enjoyed 2.. When Slash decides to let Myles write some of the music, maybe I will enjoy it more!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Unbelievably, I am really enjoying this album! I got it last night and have spun it several times.

MG71 is right - it's way too long, but flows really well. I don't mind Myles Kennedy's voice - I think his whiny style fits these songs well - but I can understand how it would grate on some people. If Slash would have chopped this down to 10 or 11 tracks he'd have had a really great album here.

I blame our own Krokus for me buying this album. I heard it playing in the background of one of his youtube reviews and it sounded good to me. He also gave it a recommendation. Thanks buddy!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Great, great cd. I am happy I picked it up. Opening track is awesome. Would have been great on a GNR album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slash - World On Fire   Slash - World On Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slash - World On Fire
Page 1 of 1