Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!

Go down 
+14
Wargod
SuprimuS
Mattallica667
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
the sentinel
mc666
XYZ
scottmitchell74
Addy
tohostudios
Stender
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:52 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Well it's a New Year and every year i see if my top 10 bands I dislike list changes. I am going to get flamed for this as some of these bands are extremely popular. But to each there own.

10. Grateful Dead - I have heard numerous songs and listened to numerous albums but I seem to only enjoy 2 songs and the rest are just blah!
9. Aerosmith - They moved down a few spots as they were in my top 5, I just can't get into them. There is something missing here. Fav song is Sweet Emotion or Train Kept a Rollin other then that this was an easy choice.
8. Jimi Hendrix - A great guitar player indeed, but I never got why so many love him.
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Now this is one band that just makes me cringe when I hear there songs. Also i am tired of all the Frusciante fanboys claiming he is the best guitar player ever. Fav song Soul to Squeeze and I could've lied
6. David Bowie - How this guy got so popular I have no idea.
5. Rolling Stones - Out of all the music this band has made i find myself liking one song ANGIE!
4. Fall Out Boy - Wow how did these guys get a record contract
3. Coldplay - Boring unispired garbage if you ask me..
2. Black Metal bands - Slow it down please, i cant hear any notes a dn i cant understand what you are trying to say
1. BEATLES - Let the flaming begin

Aerosmith and Jimi Hendrix are two of my favorites. I guess if you don't get them, you don't get them. Having been there at the time might have something to do with it, even though Hendrix is slightly before my time.

You have to remember, Jimi was a 1960's artist. Before him Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, etc were the cream of the crop guitarists. Jimi left all those guys with their mouth hanging to the ground. He was an innovator and one of the most influencial guitarists ever. His influence can be heard in rock, blues and metal.

I like some Rolling Stones. "Tattoo You" is probably my favorite.

Like some Bowie as well. Ziggy Stardust is a classic IMO.

Never was much of a fan of The Beatles, though I respect their history and importance to rock and roll in general.

Hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their music seriously makes me cringe.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Ziggy Stardust is an awesome album
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 2:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Well it's a New Year and every year i see if my top 10 bands I dislike list changes. I am going to get flamed for this as some of these bands are extremely popular. But to each there own.

10. Grateful Dead - I have heard numerous songs and listened to numerous albums but I seem to only enjoy 2 songs and the rest are just blah!
9. Aerosmith - They moved down a few spots as they were in my top 5, I just can't get into them. There is something missing here. Fav song is Sweet Emotion or Train Kept a Rollin other then that this was an easy choice.
8. Jimi Hendrix - A great guitar player indeed, but I never got why so many love him.
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Now this is one band that just makes me cringe when I hear there songs. Also i am tired of all the Frusciante fanboys claiming he is the best guitar player ever. Fav song Soul to Squeeze and I could've lied
5. Rolling Stones - Out of all the music this band has made i find myself liking one song ANGIE!
2. Black Metal bands - Slow it down please, i cant hear any notes a dn i cant understand what you are trying to say

Aerosmith and Jimi Hendrix are two of my favorites. I guess if you don't get them, you don't get them. Having been there at the time might have something to do with it, even though Hendrix is slightly before my time.

You have to remember, Jimi was a 1960's artist. Before him Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, etc were the cream of the crop guitarists. Jimi left all those guys with their mouth hanging to the ground. He was an innovator and one of the most influencial guitarists ever. His influence can be heard in rock, blues and metal.

I like some Rolling Stones. "Tattoo You" is probably my favorite.

Like some Bowie as well. Ziggy Stardust is a classic IMO.

Never was much of a fan of The Beatles, though I respect their history and importance to rock and roll in general.

Hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Their music seriously makes me cringe.

ult

The potential was always there with Aerosmith and Jimi. I love Hendrix
guitar playing especially his pieces like Little Wing and The Wind
Cries Mary, but the way he interprets his singing to the songs really
turns me off.

Aerosmith all starts with Mr. Tyler I just cant get into his vocal style. There is also something missing with this band. I always thought Perry had great potential to be a special guitar player but his sound always seemed to be in the backgroud. His playing on Train Kept a Rollin is what i want to hear. Also some of there most recent records really did them in for me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 3:27 pm

I like Jimi Hendrix's singing it adds alot of personality to the music, as far as Aerosmith I think he is a great vocalist and one of the best frontmen I ever seen live, but if you don't like his vocal style than you are right Aerosmith aint going to do it for you.

David Bowie IMO is a great artist but he is not for everyone. Bowie has so many styles of music he excelled at, that some fans had trouble getting a handle on him. Personally felt he is a great artist who's influence cannot be overstated.
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:06 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Agree with 2, 3, and 4. The others make me want to choke you to death just kidding.
But seriously, RHCP do make me cringe sometimes but do they really deserve this.
Plus, the Beatles are extremely overrated, but albums like Revolver and Sgt. Peppers are awesome.
Rolling Stones are awesome, this is the one that really makes me angry.
Bowie has some great songs and I guess it's just opinion, but you are wrong man.
Everything by Aerosmith in the 70's is awesome and you know it.
The Dead may just be too soft for you but I listen to them whenever I'm in a mellow mood.
And last but not least Hendrix. This guy is by far the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He was able to pull off sweet licks and at the same time entrance us with his soul-sounding voise and keep us in touch with the blues. THAT is why everyone likes him but you (and a few others, my dad included).
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Agree with 2, 3, and 4. The others make me want to choke you to death just kidding.
But seriously, RHCP do make me cringe sometimes but do they really deserve this.
Plus, the Beatles are extremely overrated, but albums like Revolver and Sgt. Peppers are awesome.
Rolling Stones are awesome, this is the one that really makes me angry.
Bowie has some great songs and I guess it's just opinion, but you are wrong man.
Everything by Aerosmith in the 70's is awesome and you know it.
The Dead may just be too soft for you but I listen to them whenever I'm in a mellow mood.
And last but not least Hendrix. This guy is by far the greatest guitarist who ever lived. He was able to pull off sweet licks and at the same time entrance us with his soul-sounding voise and keep us in touch with the blues. THAT is why everyone likes him but you (and a few others, my dad included).

I think Hendrix is a great guitar player, he strikes me as more an innovator then "greatest guitarist ever" Again this is all matter of opinion. What turns me off about Hendrix is his almost drunk sounding vocals and his leads especially live are very forgettable and almost off key.

Choke me if you must, I can take it... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:09 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

wheres green day??
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:29 pm

SuprimuS wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

wheres green day??

I don't mind Green Day, and Dookie is one of my fav releases of the 90's. i was a teenager then put i still enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Rolling Bones
Grateful Alive
Slipknot
Korn
Limp Biscuit
Stickleback
Hotplay

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Rolling Stones-I like Under My Thumb, Paint It Black, and some others but for the most part they don't pique my interest much.

Green Day-I like some of their songs but it just isn't my thing.

Jimi Hendrix-Like others I agree that he was an awesome guitarist but his songs just don't interest my much.

Slipknot-I liked one song I heard, the rest was too samey and I believe they are WAY overrated.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I can understand most of these choices, but Hendrix. He showed us that the guitar could be more than a backing instrument and in the right hands could speak. The stuff that guy was doing in 67 was beyond just about everyone. He changed the game in an experience that lasted only 3 years.

Come on, how about Dream On...

The Stones and Beatles are classic, but I can understand if they don't inspire you like they did their generation.

Bowie was always hit or miss and I'm just not into the rest on your list.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:12 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

I think Hendrix is a great guitar player, he strikes me as more an innovator then "greatest guitarist ever" Again this is all matter of opinion. What turns me off about Hendrix is his almost drunk sounding vocals and his leads especially live are very forgettable and almost off key.

Choke me if you must, I can take it... Laughing very hard

Ok. You recognize his contribution and talent, so fair enough. "drunk sounding vocals" never heard it put that way.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:54 pm

I think Manny said it best About Bowie, the trick with Bowie is just go with the flow as he does change personas and music styles if you dont have broad tastes then chances are youre not gonna dig him
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

If I'm in the right musical mood I enjoy Bowie, Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, and The Beatles but they aren't really what I could just pull off the shelf and listen to. I can completely see why people could dislike any of them.

I loved the RHCP up to Mother's Milk then they just left kind of didn't do much for me. Nothing I actively hate just kind of "ehh" since then.

The weird one for me is The Cure. Was very into them in the eighties into the nineties. Recently I found a bunch of their stuff in a pawn shop to upgrade from cassettes. I was shocked how little these held up all these years later. Even nostalgia couldn't overcome my disinterest in their stuff. And I couldn't even say exactly why either.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Quote :
And I couldn't even say exactly why either.

I can say why for me.

Robert Smith's vo-kills. The guy can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Some other bands or artists that I could add here are

Elvis Costello
Talking Heads
Supertramp

these bands didnt make my top 10 but would def be in my top 25. Supertramp really had potential when they first started out but really became pop almost.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:22 am

Marylin Manson - I just don't get it I guess, but ugh.
Korn - Sounds like a bad Manson ripoff to me.
Souja Boy - A perfect example of everything wrong with the music industry
Fergie/Black Eyed Pea - Ugh, same reason
Simple Plan
Fall Out Boy
Atreyu
Brett Micheals/Poison
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3