Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!

Go down 
+14
Wargod
SuprimuS
Mattallica667
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
the sentinel
mc666
XYZ
scottmitchell74
Addy
tohostudios
Stender
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:42 pm

I don't get Kings X either but I do like at least one album by them.

I like Kid Rock a lot actually, especially his last one.

What I've heard of Narnia didn't do anything for me.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Kings X, totally agree

Dragonforce comes real close to making that list as well
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:45 pm

I don't dislike Dragonforce but they need more varied songwriting IMO. Speed ain't everything guys. I actually get more annoyed at how kids worship the band like they're the best thing in metal than at the band or music itself

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't dislike Dragonforce but they need more varied songwriting IMO. Speed ain't everything guys. I actually get more annoyed at how kids worship the band like they're the best thing in metal than at the band or music itself

Yes the same melody kills if for me. When i hear a Dragonforce song i end up singing the chorus from another
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:51 pm

It follows that if you don't like Hendrix...you're probably not going to like King's X either...same lineage, divergent branches of the same tree.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Panic at the Disco is awful as well, what kind of music do you call this. I do dig the song Nine in the afternoon.

EDIT: I also forgot Type O Negative - they call themselves Doom, how bout we put there cds in the video game Doom and use them as target practice.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Quote :
It follows that if you don't like Hendrix...you're probably not going to like King's X either...same lineage, divergent branches of the same tree.

See now, I love Hendrix. I consider him a genius and his vocals work for me/his style.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:44 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

EDIT: I also forgot Type O Negative - they call themselves Doom, how bout we put there cds in the video game Doom and use them as target practice.
when did they call themselves a doom band? can you give me a source?

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

when did they call themselves a doom band? can you give me a source?

sorry, gothic doom is what I have heard them been called a few times

you can look many places and see them classified as doom, wikipedia has them as doom for starters..
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:57 pm

cool. yeah i know they have some slight doom influences, and i know people have mistakenly labeled them such. i just never heard them refer to themselves as a doom band.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
cool. yeah i know they have some slight doom influences, and i know people have mistakenly labeled them such. i just never heard them refer to themselves as a doom band.

They def have a more gothic feel but those slow sludge songs like Love you to death seem more doom.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Not a big Type O fan because they are generally too sludgy for me but I do like their cover songs like Cinnamon Girl and Summer Breeze and their faster stuff like Angry Inch.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not a big Type O fan because they are generally too sludgy for me but I do like their cover songs like Cinnamon Girl and Summer Breeze and their faster stuff like Angry Inch.

yes way too slow for me. I like Cinnamon a lot i had October Rust but gave that away or threw it away one of the 2
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I have really given the old college try with the Grateful Dead and the Stones and I just couldn't get into either of them more than a greatest hits compilation. DMB, I only like one song, Gravedigger, and I like it a lot. Other than that, blech!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 pm

The Stones are a band where I disagree with most metalheads.

Until I saw them live back in 94, I was lukewarm to the band. I liked songs like Honky Tonk Woman and Sympathy For The Devil but didn't appreciate the onstage theatrical presentation of the band.

That changed when I saw the Voodoo Lounge tour at Giant's Stadium. Who knew The Stones would use giant inflatable monsters that shot laser beams from their eyes?

Just a great show and to this day the best concert I've seen. So naturally, I have a soft spot for The Stones.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:54 pm

Also, Mick ran around this huge multi-level stage like he was a teenager. I work out and I got tired just watching him.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 am

JIMI HENDRIX and THE BEATLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

manny wrote:
JIMI HENDRIX and THE BEATLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry

I also forgot TOM PETTY!!! I dismissed him from that list.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 am

I am huge Rolling Stones fan, I think some of their classic albums " Exile on Main Street'. " Let I Bleed" and others are classics that can't be touched.

Mick Jagger at 65 still running around like a teenager on stage and still has a great deal of passion for the music they have created and still put out albums of new material. Also for a band who's first single was released in 1963 and first full length album in 1964, and they have manage to pull in a fanbase that stretches across age barriers and genres it is incredible feat and have a career that anyone would envy.

Also as far as debauchary The Rolling Stones make Motley Crue look like an epsiode of Romper Room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 am

Why all the energy spent discussing bands you don't like? I've got enough negative things in my life without concentrating on bands I hate. I have a simple philosophy, if I don't like something, I don't listen to it or think about it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 am

detuned wrote:
Why all the energy spent discussing bands you don't like? I've got enough negative things in my life without concentrating on bands I hate. I have a simple philosophy, if I don't like something, I don't listen to it or think about it.

Yeah, what he said.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:53 am

manny wrote:
I am huge Rolling Stones fan, I think some of their classic albums " Exile on Main Street'. " Let I Bleed" and others are classics that can't be touched.

Mick Jagger at 65 still running around like a teenager on stage and still has a great deal of passion for the music they have created and still put out albums of new material. Also for a band who's first single was released in 1963 and first full length album in 1964, and they have manage to pull in a fanbase that stretches across age barriers and genres it is incredible feat and have a career that anyone would envy.

Also as far as debauchary The Rolling Stones make Motley Crue look like an epsiode of Romper Room.

I understand The Stones have a huge place in rock history, I just cant get into anything they release.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 am

Jimi Hendrix is a not just a great guitartist but a great song writer, producer. Has a friend of mine pointed out he used the studio as an instrument.

Also his career which only lasted three years (1967-1970) left a mark on rock music and year after year kids, 15 or younger still pick up his music and he gets discovered and re discovered.

Listening to the three studio albums he released in his lifetime, how he used tape looping , backward recording, mic placement, overdubbing of x number of guitars, and how his music has survived him almost 39 years after his death, has survived the onslaught of punk, disco, rap, metal, and every other fad, trend etc, and his music is still here, still being played on the radio, his music is still being discussed, studied and articles appear in Guitar World and number of publications and more importantly still being embraced by a new generation of fans.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:59 am

detuned wrote:

I dont hate these bands, i just don't enjoy the music they put out. This is also a great topic to discuss. I like to hear the reasoning why people dislike certain bands.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:18 pm

detuned wrote:
then just stick to your philosophy, & if you don't like this thread, don't read it & don't comment on it.

we're just listing bands that we personally do not care for & getting responses to our choices. some agreeing some disagreeing. it's hasn't been a "this band sucks" thread nor has it been like anyone hijacked a discussion thread about any of the artists mentioned simply to spout a bunch of negativity. it's a separate thread with a title that pretty much lets you know what it's about. if all of the lovey-dovey positivity cheerleaders don't like discussing bands you don't care for, skip the thread & continue with your lovefest.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next