Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!

Go down 
+14
Wargod
SuprimuS
Mattallica667
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
the sentinel
mc666
XYZ
scottmitchell74
Addy
tohostudios
Stender
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Empty
PostSubject: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 am

Well it's a New Year and every year i see if my top 10 bands I dislike list changes. I am going to get flamed for this as some of these bands are extremely popular. But to each there own.

10. Grateful Dead - I have heard numerous songs and listened to numerous albums but I seem to only enjoy 2 songs and the rest are just blah!
9. Aerosmith - They moved down a few spots as they were in my top 5, I just can't get into them. There is something missing here. Fav song is Sweet Emotion or Train Kept a Rollin other then that this was an easy choice.
8. Jimi Hendrix - A great guitar player indeed, but I never got why so many love him.
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Now this is one band that just makes me cringe when I hear there songs. Also i am tired of all the Frusciante fanboys claiming he is the best guitar player ever. Fav song Soul to Squeeze and I could've lied
6. David Bowie - How this guy got so popular I have no idea.
5. Rolling Stones - Out of all the music this band has made i find myself liking one song ANGIE!
4. Fall Out Boy - Wow how did these guys get a record contract
3. Coldplay - Boring unispired garbage if you ask me..
2. Black Metal bands - Slow it down please, i cant hear any notes a dn i cant understand what you are trying to say
1. BEATLES - Let the flaming begin
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:41 pm

Really...the beatles?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Stender wrote:
Really...the beatles?

Yes, between all there popularity and having so much material, I really don't like one song.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:40 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Really...the beatles?

Yes, between all there popularity and having so much material, I really don't like one song.

Wow, we dislike a lot of the same bands.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Really...the beatles?

Wow, we dislike a lot of the same bands.

yes and we also agree on a lot of other discussions as well. humble
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 pm

10. Motorhead - I don't hate them but I just don't get them. Lemmy has the worst "voice" in metal.

9. Grateful Dead - Another band whose popularity I'll never understand. I didn't even like them when I used to get high.

8. Jimi Hendrix - I agree with MetalRob. Great guitarist but I would like his music more if someone who could really sing had been on vocals.

7. Slayer - Between the vocals and the subject matter, blecch.

6. Nickelback - This band has a few songs I like but every damn albums sounds exactly the same and follows the same corporate forumula. Plus I'm so tired of hearing their songs behind every freakin highlight package on ESPN!

5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - I appreciate the talent in this band but I can't stand the songwriting.

4. The Beatles - I think I would like them more had they stayed together. The few songs I like by them are from their later years and I really like the early Wings stuff. While there's no doubting their influence on rock, I think the Lennon/McCartney songwriting duo is overrated.

3. Coldplay - Boring, emo-ish, whiny crap. And another band whose music I'm sick of seeing on TV in both sports highlights and commercials.

2. Phil Collins - Ugh. The Howard Cosell of vocalists; nasally, whiny, fingernails-on-blackboard voice. And sappy songs as well. What's not to hate?

1. Dave Matthews Band - Anyone who knows me had to know who I'd reserve the number one most-hated position for. The band has talent but Dave himself annoys the hell out of me. His voice is nasally and whiny (see #2) and the lyrics are so "deep". Plus this is the band that dumped their "waste" from the tour bus into the Chicago river. That right there should indicate what an a-hole the guy is.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Bowie? The Beatles? Aerosmith?

Hot Dang!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:24 pm

Addy wrote:
Bowie? The Beatles? Aerosmith?

Hot Dang!

Just boring plain rock n roll to me. I need a little excitement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 pm

I think I should keep my mouth shut on this topic...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:33 pm

detuned wrote:

please dont, i take no offense to any ones opinion. I am as open minded as they come.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:41 pm

detuned wrote:

Eh, it's all opinions. No one is going to persuade anyone anyway so there's no use in getting riled up.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Pink Floyd - Sleep

Red Hot Chili Peppers -

The Grateful Dead -

KISS -

These are the biggest ones for me. These are the "I just don't get it" bands. A few more might pop into mind later, but for now these stand out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:44 pm

I can definitely understand Floyd. While I love them, I suspect it's more because of the "environment" I used to be in when I'd listen to them. I probably have more "insight" into their music.

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

Eh, it's all opinions. No one is going to persuade anyone anyway so there's no use in getting riled up.

I'm not riled up at all, but I also know my weakness for getting that way. lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:49 pm

I didn't mean you I meant me. I refuse to get riled up over differing musical opinions on a message board. It's silly.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:50 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:

I'm not riled up at all, but I also know my weakness for getting that way. lol!

Bring it Laughing very hard sometimes when ppl are riled up they say the funniest things

I like Floyd but thats because of Mr Gilmour and his solos in Time and Comfortably Numb
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Differant Strokes for Differant Folks, I find most metal boring myself not all but most
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Addy wrote:
Differant Strokes for Differant Folks, I find most metal boring myself not all but most

I find most traditional metal boring too; it all sounds the same to me. That's why I tend to like symphonic, gothic, industrial, sleaze and glam metal.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 3:58 pm

These were close to making the list:

Marillyn Manson - I loved Portrait but after that he went downhill and has not put out a song i liked

Bob Dylan - The man could write great lyrics but the songs were so boring and forgettable

Johnny Cash - He had his moments, but again a great writer, but just boring to me..
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Let me break it down for ya:

Top 5:
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Metallica
Pink Floyd

Bottom 5:
Avenged Sevenfold
Puddle of Mudd
Nickelback
Hinder
Saving Abel

Bands I'm Liking more
The Beatles
Genesis
Meagdeth
Judas Priest
U2

Band I'm Liking Less
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Killswitch Engage
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:04 pm

some of mine, in no particular order...
Ari Koivunen
Bride
Linkin Park
Black Label Society
Avenged Sevenfold
Stratovarius
System of a Down
Hanoi Rocks
Green Day
Papa Roach
Def Leppard
Rage Against The Machine
Kid Rock
P.O.D.
Kamelot
Velvet Revolver
Kiss
Stone Sour
Mastodon
Dokken
Limp Bizkit
Soilwork
Pink Floyd
Lordi
Northern Kings
Narnia
Dillinger Escape Plan
Kings X

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:23 pm

Thats what makes this board so great. The diversity that everyone likes.

MC i like a few of those bands you mentioned and Kid Rock is one of my favs. There are def some on that list that i could def do without as well
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Crap! I just realized I left Journey off my list! OK push Motorhead off the list and slide Journey in behind Coldplay.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:36 pm

Quote :
Kid Rock
Narnia

I agree with these! I want so much to love Narnia...and they are just there....but somehow fall short.

Quote :

Kings X

How on Earth I forgot this band. Don't get them at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Quote :
Kid Rock
Narnia

I agree with these! I want so much to love Narnia...and they are just there....but somehow fall short.

Quote :

Kings X

How on Earth I forgot this band. Don't get them at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!   METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

METALROB'S 2009 BANDS I DISLIKE!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next