Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stryper samples

Go down 
+13
black halo
Lurideath
MetalH
Hamer12
Addy
Fat Freddy
LockedUp
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
mc666
kmorg
ultmetal
kethdredd
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

New Stryper samples - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:16 am

No way man! The new Dokken is weaker than The Village People at their heaviest moment. Which is about as heavy as this new Stryper.

I think Stryper and Dokken should team up for "Bands that Suck More Than a Vacuum Tour"
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:30 am

I can think of a lot of thrash, death, and black metal bands that could accompany them on that tour.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I can think of a lot of thrash, death, and black metal bands that could accompany them on that tour.
such as Temple of Blood?

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mc666 wrote:

from what i've heard i think it sounds a little like a modern Against The Law

I'd buy that. I wouldn't buy another REBORN however.
well, wait a bit to hear more of the samples & make up your own mind. i don't want to be accused of making you waste your hard earned buck. i might be jaded, as i liked Reborn. i pretty much like anything Micheal Sweet sings on. the guy is just phenomenal.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:05 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
Great for a laugh! Those were lame! I think they should stop because they are just making a mockery of themselves.

I have to agree. They sounded awesome live on the Reborn tour though. Couldn't believe that Michael could still sing "The Way" like that!

Agreed. They were excellent live, not only on that tour but on the reunion tour the year before as well.

I saw Stryper at the Stryper Expo II in Anaheim when they performed a one-off concert and Micheal couldn't hit the high notes as he hadn't really been practicing them even though he had been touring with his solo band. He even had to grab a lyric sheet for one song. LOL!

I'll buy anything Stryper puts out. I thought Reborn was good, even if I didn't think it was their best. However, I'm a bit of a Stryper fanboy, so my opinion is probably a bit biased.

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I went and listened to the samples and i did not hear anything that sounded like Reborn, I did hear some old Stryper sound mixed in. The samples sound really good to me and i look forward to hearing more. I thought Reborn was ok but it does not get very much playtime... well I actually have not played it since it came out, but it does have a couple of good songs on it. The new samples seem to have alot of good hooks and catchy sing along parts that I thought was lacking from some of the Reborn songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:50 pm

That solo on Four Leaf Clover is pretty cool. I'm sure I'll like most of this, I like most of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:29 am

The title song is great.One of their best in years,IMO
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 9:44 am

New samples are up, the title track sounds pretty good.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Not a good album cover IMHO

New Stryper samples - Page 2 StryperMBP2
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Not a good album cover IMHO

New Stryper samples - Page 2 StryperMBP2

Is that the official cover?I'm sure that it will be somehow censored,or altered considering just about everyone they've put out has.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:16 am

It is to be expected to sound like Reborn, but I don't complain about it. I liked reborn, and I would probably find a way to like the next one. I hope to see them live again
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 am

kethdredd wrote:
I think it sounds like a mix between Reborn and the old stuff. I've only listened to the samples a few times but the guitar tones remind me of older Stryper material. I'm not hearing the GIANT super slick choruses. Michael sounds great though. Next Sunday they are releasing 3 more samples I think.
I read somewhere that they are planning on doing more solos, since that is what lacked on Reborn, but still keep that new formula
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:36 pm

I like it. It's different for them

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper samples   New Stryper samples - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper samples
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2