Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Exodus samples here!

Go down 
+10
sovdat
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
KissinMaiden
mc666
krokus
Wargod
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Exodus samples here! Empty
PostSubject: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:29 pm

You can go to their ecard and hear samples of the new cd. Can't wait for it come out!

http://www.musicbay.se/buy/movie.asp?movie_id=2015&company_id=39

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks for the link brother. This is going to be again one of the best thrash metal releases of this year.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:38 pm

FUNERAL HYMN realy start great. Same with CALL TO ARMS. CHILDREN OF THE WORTHLESS GOD is great too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 6:28 pm

it wont be long Smile

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 pm

I can't wait like seriously.......
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Oh yeah, I'm diggin' it! Can't wait to hear it in it's entirety!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:40 pm

What is it like? Is it closer to the last two, or is it like the earlier stuff?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:47 pm

Required Fields wrote:
check the first post & listen for yourself.

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:48 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Sounds like metalcore with solos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:52 pm

krokus wrote:
This is going to be again one of the best thrash metal releases of this year.

You rate it that high ?

I'm asking because I only have a slow Dial-Up Connection, so samples are out for me
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 7:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Sounds like metalcore with solos.

Maybe because of the vocalist , but that does not sound like metalcore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Yeah, I can see what Eyesore is saying. I'm sorry - but the vocals just aren't that great here. These guys need Steve Souza back in the band!

"Tempo of the Damned" was an INCREDIBLE album and such a strong return to form for them.

These vocals are of the metalcore strain - whether the music is thrash or not. It just ruins it. Not sure when I'll pick this one up. I'll get it for the collection's sake, as I'm a major Exodus fan - but I won't be getting this anytime soon. What a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:00 pm

blackieboy wrote:
Yeah, I can see what Eyesore is saying. I'm sorry - but the vocals just aren't that great here. These guys need Steve Souza back in the band!

"Tempo of the Damned" was an INCREDIBLE album and such a strong return to form for them.

These vocals are of the metalcore strain - whether the music is thrash or not. It just ruins it. Not sure when I'll pick this one up. I'll get it for the collection's sake, as I'm a major Exodus fan - but I won't be getting this anytime soon. What a disappointment.
Dukes is no Baloff, but he's much better than Souza. Shovel was 10 times better than Tempo to my ears. i guess it all in the ears of the beholder.

anyway, Eyesore should wait to hear the whole record, before whining his "metalcore" cries.

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
anyway, Eyesore should wait to hear the whole record, before whining his "metalcore" cries.
Who the hell is whining? I like metalcore.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:08 pm

I'm just gonna wait to hear it when it's released. I prefer to do it that way with bands I really dig.

ult

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:08 am

mc666 wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Dukes is no Baloff, but he's much better than Souza. Shovel was 10 times better than Tempo to my ears. i guess it all in the ears of the beholder.

Well, I personally prefer Steve Souza more than Paul Baloff - but that's just me. I like his high pitched voice. I think it befits the thrash sound.

Anyway - I actually liked "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" quite well. Not as much as "Tempo of the Damned" however. But since I liked Dukes then, perhaps I'll like him now too. Like Ult said, I'll wait to hear the album to judge.

But those samples were quite disappointing to my ears. I wish I had never listened to them. Now I'm not sure I'm gonna get this album right away or not.

Oh well.

angry
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:39 am

Locky wrote:
krokus wrote:
This is going to be again one of the best thrash metal releases of this year.

You rate it that high ?

I'm asking because I only have a slow Dial-Up Connection, so samples are out for me

Yeah, it will be in my top 10 of thrash metal albums of this year because some of those songs sounded great, at least the first 30 seconds. Yes, two sounded to modern to me(metalcore) but the rest sounded like EXODUS from the last two album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:52 am

I'm not crazy about the new vocalist at all. Although you can still tell it's Exodus due to Holt's guitar sound, which is very identifiable.
Sorry to say, I skipped SHOVEL HEADED KILL MACHINE and I think I'll be skipping this new one as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:58 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sorry to say, I skipped SHOVEL HEADED KILL MACHINE and I think I'll be skipping this new one as well.

Agreed. Exodus without Baloff or Souza is not an enjoyable listening experience.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:27 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Agreed. Exodus without Baloff or Souza is not an enjoyable listening experience.

Really?

I like Souza and Baloff a lot, but I liked Shovel Headed Kill Machine as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:33 am

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really?

Rob Dukes just takes away from the music too much for me.
But to be honest, I thought that Exodus were a good thrash band in the past, but after Bonded By Blood, none of their albums are all that memorable to me. I'd much rather listen to a Forbidden or Testament album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:47 am

From the samples i heard i'm not feeling it. It's just not the same as their 80's greatness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:53 pm

I think I was initially wrong in my judgment (I am just not going to listen to samples online anymore with my favorite bands).

Exodus has been one of my favorite bands since discovering them with their album "Pleasures of the Flesh". Since then they've not released one bad album. I need to retain my faith in them that this new one will be at least 'likable'. I think once I pick it up I'll like it. Samples can be deceiving for some reason. Having the actual cd really makes a difference since you get the 'whole' feel of the album.

I'm gonna forget all about these samps and snag this one.

I don't think they will disappoint.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Listen to the whole thing at their myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/exodus
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really?

When i first bought SHOVEL HEADED KILL MACHINE i didnt realy like it very much but after 3 or 4 times i started to like it more and more and now i love it. Its a album you need to listen a couple of times to like it. At least for me it worked 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Exodus samples here!   New Exodus samples here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Exodus samples here!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next