Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest up for a Grammy

Go down 
+11
Required Fields
sam
mez
manny
Lurideath
kmorg
kethdredd
mc666
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
15 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Priest up for a Grammy Empty
PostSubject: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:00 am

Priest up for a Grammy
Quote :
robhalford.com

JUDAS PRIEST are among the nominees for the 51st annual Grammy Awards, which will be held on Sunday, February 8, 2009 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Best Hard Rock Performance:
JUDAS PRIEST - "Visions"

Best Metal Performance:
JUDAS PRIEST - "Nostradamus"

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/51st_show/list.aspx

The 51st annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live in high-definition TV and 5.1 surround sound on CBS Sunday, February 8, 2009, from 8 to 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT).

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 am

I personally don't care at all for the Grammy's and tend to think the whole thing is a big corporate joke. However, this is still good news for Judas Priest. Hopefully they will win the metal performance and not Jethro Tull. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 am

I wonder what makes one song by the band eligible for the "hard rock" Grammy and another song by the same band eligible in the "metal" category... scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I wonder what makes one song by the band eligible for the "hard rock" Grammy and another song by the same band eligible in the "metal" category... scratch

I would bet that there isn't a sensible explanation to that question.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Grammys make nice paper weights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 pm

Quote :

Best Recording Package
Death Magnetic
Bruce Duckworth, Sarah Moffatt & David Turner, art directors (Metallica)
[Warner Bros.]

I agree with this, but I know alot of peeps hate that Death Magnetic packaging.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Best Recording Package
Death Magnetic
Bruce Duckworth, Sarah Moffatt & David Turner, art directors (Metallica)
[Warner Bros.]

I agree with this, but I know alot of peeps hate that Death Magnetic packaging.

They give Grammies for packaging now too? Oy.

BTW Spec, love the new avatar of the shoe-throwin' mutha. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:29 pm

i'm not a grammy guy, nor am i all that crazy about the last Priest album. however they certainly deserve the mainstream acknowledgment. Motorhead got it, Slayer got it, King Diamond almost got it. Priest should have it.

in the end it doesn't really matter though. Priest will go down as legends regardless.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Quote :

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

• Inside The Fire
    Disturbed
    Track from: Indestructible
    [Reprise]
  • Visions
    Judas Priest
    Track from: Nostradamus
    [Epic]
  • Wax Simulacra
    The Mars Volta
    [Universal Motown]
  • Saints Of Los Angeles
    Mötley Crüe
    Track from: Saints Of Los Angeles
    [Motley Records/Eleven Seven Music]
  • Lords Of Salem
    Rob Zombie
    Track from: Zombie Live
    [Geffen/UMe]

Category 18

Best Metal Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

• Heroes Of Our Time
    DragonForce
    [Roadrunner Records]
  • Nostradamus
    Judas Priest
    Track from: Nostradamus
    [Epic]
  • My Apocalypse
    Metallica
    Track from: Death Magnetic
    [Warner Bros.]
  • Under My Thumb
    Ministry
    Track from: Cover Up
    [Megaforce Records]
  • Psychosocial
    Slipknot
    [Roadrunner Records]
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:17 pm

So they are both hard rock and metal. Interesting...... Laughing

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
So they are both hard rock and metal. Interesting...... Laughing

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 pm

There have always been Grammys for packaging, liner notes, etc. Although it's more common for box sets to get the nod on these.

When it comes to music, the Grammys are probably the most clueless bunch in the history of the universe. Last year Herbie Hancock won album of the year, which is great...except for the fact that it took them over 40 years to give him his due.

I pay absolutely no attention.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:50 pm

the Grammy Awards have got to be the biggest joke. Why would Metallica be in there? For album sales? That new album SUCKS and not even a slight bit, I mean A LOT! The new Judas Priest is the most boring album to ever be released! Ministry isn't metal, and Slipknot... uggghhhh. lame

There are countless bands that deserve this award if it had any credibility.

For the sake of METAL though, I do hope Judas Priest takes this award.

Whoever puts these bands in the categories really need a wake up call. Better yet, Corproate America needs a drastic overhaul along with the music business!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm

It's a case of "what Metal band have we heard of put out an album this year"...it always has been. It's never about art...it never has been...it's about celebrating artists who already have huge fan bases just to remind them how awesome (they think) they are..."Hey, Metallica/Justin Timberlake/Beyonce has sold ump-teen million records, let's give them a trophy too!!"

lame
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:22 pm

The Grammys are a waste of time, a bunch of ass kissing industry suck ups, alist of artist that have never won a grammy (none including that b.s. lifetime achievement award)

Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Deep Purple
Alice Cooper
AC/DC
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
The Rolling Stones
Cheap Trick
Death ( I know that would never happen but they were important damn it)
Scorpions
The Sex Pistols
The Ramones
and list could go on and on
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:33 pm

LOL!!! Leave it to Spectrefate to already get the flying shoe at Bush as his Avatar...I love it!

As far as being nominated, I think it is cool they are recognized regardless of for/against the awards. At least they are being recognized and not some crap band.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:00 pm

ahh the grammys...that time of year when all the self important people get to fight about who is more deserving of an award that means little...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:58 am

I have no ambiguous feelings for the Grammys at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:06 am

"in the end it doesn't really matter though. Priest will go down as legends regardless."

well said.

Im not a fan of grammys either.......or the last Priest album. I dinna know that King Diamond was up for a grammy at one point?.......for what album/song?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:51 am

Nice that Priest is getting some recognition, but otherwise meaningless.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 pm

zombiewalkin wrote:
"in the end it doesn't really matter though. Priest will go down as legends regardless."

well said.

Im not a fan of grammys either.......or the last Priest album. I dinna know that King Diamond was up for a grammy at one point?.......for what album/song?
it was for the song Never Ending Hill from the Give Me Your Soul album. he lost to Slayer.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:32 pm

mc666 wrote:

in the end it doesn't really matter though. Priest will go down as legends regardless.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I hope them or Motley Crue is victorious. I would lose even more faith in humanity if Slipknot or Dragonforce won.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:14 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I hope them or Motley Crue is victorious. I would lose even more faith in humanity if Slipknot or Dragonforce won.

Get ready to lose some faith in humanity, I am sure Slipknot will win, that way the Grammy folks can prove how hip they are by having such an 'extreme' metal band win a grammy.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice that Priest is getting some recognition, but otherwise meaningless.

That's pretty much how I feel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest up for a Grammy   Priest up for a Grammy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest up for a Grammy
Page 1 of 1