Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest Won The Grammy...

Go down 
+14
Leatherface
Temple of Blood
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
GrandNational
thejokeriv
kmorg
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Black Coffee
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
JBall_Z
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:49 am

...for best metal performance for the live version of "Dissident Agressor" from A Touch of Evil - Live. Among others they beat out Megadeth, Slayer and Lamb of God. I know most of us could care less about the Grammys because they are generally clueless, but I'm happy for Priest. Judas Priest Won The Grammy... 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 am

Cool. Maybe I should check these guys out. Judy's Priest, you say? Do they have any albums out?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 am

They won the prize for a live version of a 30+ year old song. Way to stay on top of current trends there, Grammies.

Surprised they didn't give the Metal Grammy to Jethro Tull (again).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 am

The Grammy folks make those Rock N Roll Hall of Fame commitee look down right hip.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
They won the prize for a live version of a 30+ year old song. Way to stay on top of current trends there, Grammies.

Surprised they didn't give the Metal Grammy to Jethro Tull (again).

This is the Grammy committee's way of trying to make up for past errors in judgement. Like when they give Clapton a Grammy for that lame acoustic version of 'Layla' after ignoring his "peak" work all those years. They'll never give proper regcognition to great artists at the height of their artistic output. For years, they sh*t on a band like Led Zeppelin, then they'll try to turn around and give a Lifetime Achiement award to Jimmy Page. Or award one to Robert Plant for his work with that chick whose name I can't even remember. Alister Crowley or something.

Grammys. Bah humbug.

Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
They won the prize for a live version of a 30+ year old song.

That's because Dissident Aggressor kicks the smurf poo out of 90+% of anything released in the last 10 years. Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_biggrin Judas Priest Won The Grammy... 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:26 am

Black Coffee wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
They won the prize for a live version of a 30+ year old song.

That's because Dissident Aggressor kicks the smurf poo out of 90+% of anything released in the last 10 years. Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_biggrin Judas Priest Won The Grammy... 11840

I can't argue with that. Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:35 am

Grammys: Well, we GUESS there's still a fair amount of listeners somehow still listening to this caveman noise after 30 years. We suppose you're almost as relevant as Beyonce after so long. *tosses bone*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:41 am

Did the Doors win anything? I'm waitingggggggg!

Metalguy-Allison Krause.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:42 am

TheNazgul wrote:

Metalguy-Allison Krause.

Yes a lifetime achivement award a mere 37 years after Jim Morrison's death.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Congrats to Judas Priest. Never cared even remotely about the Grammy Awards. It's just another ridiculous awards program. However, I am sure if it was my band that was nominated and won, I would be honored as well, so I guess it's easy for me to say I don't care at this point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:04 pm

AC/DC won one also...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
AC/DC won one also...

Yep - for Best hard rock performance for War Machine. They beat out:

* ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
* LINKIN PARK - "What I've Done" (from "Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keyes")
* METALLICA - "The Unforgiven III" (from "Death Magnetic")
* NICKELBACK - "Burn it to the Ground" (from "Dark Horse")
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

Waiting for the sun?

I haven't watched the Grammy's in ages, put having JP win an award means millions of people get to hear your name/possibly music that would ordinarily not, and that's not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

GrandNational wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Waiting for the sun?

I haven't watched the Grammy's in ages, put having JP win an award means millions of people get to hear your name/possibly music that would ordinarily not, and that's not a bad thing.

That would be true if they broadcast the metal Grammy award presentation.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:43 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
kmorg wrote:
AC/DC won one also...

Yep - for Best hard rock performance for War Machine. They beat out:

* ALICE IN CHAINS - "Check My Brain" (from "Black Gives Way to Blue")
* LINKIN PARK - "What I've Done" (from "Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keyes")
* METALLICA - "The Unforgiven III" (from "Death Magnetic")
* NICKELBACK - "Burn it to the Ground" (from "Dark Horse")

Like Judas Priest, that one seems like a "gimme" too. AC/DC has been putting out quality hard rock for ages now, yet the Grammy's are just figuring that out now? Pfft. And who in their right mind, with all the other songs on Death Magnentic to choose from, thought that 'Unforgiven III' was worthy of recognition? And were the other two (2!?!) versions of 'Unforgiven" not worthy? 3rd time was the charm for that song?

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:12 pm

I am glad to see bands like AC/DC and JP back in the Grammy limelight again!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:19 pm

manny wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Waiting for the sun?

Ya, but the list of the winners are spread out everywhere online, so the exposure is there. We both know the Grammy's wouldn't care to broadcast the metal winner.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:28 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Ya, but the list of the winners are spread out everywhere online, so the exposure is there. We both know the Grammy's wouldn't care to broadcast the metal winner.

True, but let's be honest, the average Joe Schmuck isn't going to bother reading a huge list of everyone who won in every rinky dink Grammy category, and even if they do, only a small percentage is going to say, "Wow, Judas Priest won a Grammy! Cool!" They're only interested in what gown Beyonce was wearing, or if Kanye West said anything stupid to reporters.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

True, but let's be honest, the average Joe Schmuck isn't going to bother reading a huge list of everyone who won in every rinky dink Grammy category. They're only interested in what gown Beyonce was wearing.

Yup. And what metal fan worth his studded belt is unaware of Judas Priest? Like 'em or not, metal & rock fans already know whether they're buying a Priest album long before some stuffed shirt declares them worthy. Sure, they might see a small bump in ipod downloads over the next few days (most winners of all genres do), but I highly doubt someone is going to all of the sudden wise up and buy their entire catalog after seeing them win a Grammy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Good for them but winning a Grammy means about as much as winning an MTV VMA or getting a R&R HoF induction.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:12 pm

What ... METALLICA didn't record a B-side this year??????
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

Congrats to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 am

manny wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Waiting for the sun?

i just now watched the video acceptance speech. Rob got maybe a handful of applause... out of an audience of hundreds of music elite. heavy metal means nothing in the mainstream. so mainstream's recognition means nothing.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:43 am

These awards are a joke! They give no respect to the worlds greatest genre... The judges are clueless anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest Won The Grammy...   Judas Priest Won The Grammy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Won The Grammy...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next