Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stairway to Heaven backwards

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
tohostudios
manny
scottmitchell74
XYZ
MetalRob331
Schbopo
TheGooch
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I may have mentioned this before but there's a bit of backwards gibberish on the Plasmatics' COUP D'ETAT album, at the end of the track "The Damned"... never bothered to play it backwards to find out what it sez, but knowing Wendy O. Williams and her band, it probably says something like "Don't play your records backwards, a**hole, you'll ruin your needle" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 pm

ELO had some backmasking on that song that used to be the theme song for CBS Sports Spectacular too. Backwards it said something like "The music is reversible. Turn back, turn back."

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I may have mentioned this before but there's a bit of backwards gibberish on the Plasmatics' COUP D'ETAT album, at the end of the track "The Damned"... never bothered to play it backwards to find out what it sez, but knowing Wendy O. Williams and her band, it probably says something like "Don't play your records backwards, a**hole, you'll ruin your needle" Laughing

You know, I always heard that that would happen too but why would spinning the platter backwards ruin your needle? If you don't turn off the turntable, you would ruin the motor but, the needle?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:09 pm

I dunno, I was always told that the needle could snap off if you spun the record the wrong way. Who knows, it could be B.S.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:19 pm

A bit of a bummer that Iron Maiden's Still Life Intro is just gibberish....

http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/37997/06.%20Still%20Life%20%28trim%200.13%29.mp3
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:45 pm

xyz wrote:
All these back masking allegations always seem to be reaching a little bit.

How about reaching a lot! This is all rubbish, in something like this you can hear what you want to hear, just like in an abstract painting people will see differently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Backward masking is b.s., why disguise your message backwards anyway, if you buy a Venom or Slayer album you know what their messages is going to be. It is not a shock if you find songs praising Satan, hell fire, sex, and other general debauchary if your album is titled "Welcome to Hell"

If you need proof of satan I suggest listening to Clay Aiken album, if that does not prove the existence of the devil nothing will.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:38 pm

spectrefate wrote:
A bit of a bummer that Iron Maiden's Still Life Intro is just gibberish....

[url=http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/37997/06.%20Still%20Life%20%28trim%200.13%29.mp3
http://www.upload-mp3.com/pfiles/37997/06.%20Still%20Life%20%28trim%200.13%29.mp3[/quote[/url]]

The backwards-message features Nicko McBrain mimicking Idi Amin (or rather mimicking John Bird mimicking Idi Amin) uttering the following phrase "What ho said the t'ing with the three "bonce", do not meddle with things you don't understand...", followed by a belch. The phrase itself is taken from the satirical album The Colleckerted [sic] Broadcasts of Idi Amin by Bird and Alan Coren.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:45 pm

My favorite was always Another One Bites The Dust by Queen. The middle breakdown section with just Mercury and drums...if you play that part backwards it says "It's fun to smoke marijuana, it's fun to smoke marijuana, it's fun to smoke mairjuana".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 pm

detuned wrote:
My favorite was always Another One Bites The Dust by Queen. The middle breakdown section with just Mercury and drums...if you play that part backwards it says "It's fun to smoke marijuana, it's fun to smoke marijuana, it's fun to smoke mairjuana".

Really? I'll have to try that! The marijuana part, I mean. I'm not a Queen fan, but I always do what the subliminal messages tell me.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:05 pm

detuned wrote:

That's not real backward masking though right? It's just you think you hear something from the regular lyrics spun backwards.
EDIT: Nevermind, I do seem to recall some legit backmasking in the middle of that song.

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

detuned wrote:

Are you sure it doesn't say "It's fun to smoke anymanyouwanna" ?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:
detuned wrote:

Are you sure it doesn't say "It's fun to smoke anymanyouwanna" ?

thats wrong Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:29 pm

detuned wrote:

Well it used to be, now it just makes me paranoid. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:36 am

i think its just a coincidence. apparenlty there is some legit back masking on every song on pink floyds The Wall where if you play it backwards it says "congratulations youve found the hidden message, please send your answers to old pink. or something along those lines
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

How would you ever be able to play The Wall backwards? Was that released on vinyl?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
How would you ever be able to play The Wall backwards? Was that released on vinyl?

Sure it was!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:54 am

Any audio editing software has the ability to reverse a track...so you can listen to songs backwards all day long if you want without damaging your turntable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:55 am

tohostudios wrote:

It was released back in the good ole days when vinyl was still the primary musical medium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 am

Here's the Queen example I was talking about. This file contains the section forwards, then backwards. Enjoy.

Queen - backwards
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:33 am

Revolution 9 is pretty weird when you play it backwards.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:47 am

detuned wrote:
Here's the Queen example I was talking about. This file contains the section forwards, then backwards. Enjoy.

Queen - backwards

I think that's just coincidence. In the example of true backmasking that I've heard, the backwards version is just as enunciated as the forward version of the rest of the song.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 am

I think I heard him say "Shop at Safeway."

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
I think I heard his say "Shop at Safeway."

Relly, I thought it was "Heart of Metal!" 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:43 pm

candlemass wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I think I heard him say "Shop at Safeway."

Relly, I thought it was "Heart of Metal!" 🤘

Actually, if you play Heart of Metal backwards it sounds exactly like Stairway to Heaven.

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stairway to Heaven backwards
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next