Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stairway to Heaven backwards

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
tohostudios
manny
scottmitchell74
XYZ
MetalRob331
Schbopo
TheGooch
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Stairway to Heaven backwards Empty
PostSubject: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:14 pm

anyone ever hear stairway to heaven backwards. apparently it has entirley different lyrics if played backwards from watching videos on youtube. i can follow most of it but not all of it sounds like words to me. dont know whether it is satanic or not as people say as im not really bothered.

i know a number of people here are religious so i dont bring this up to offend people.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 pm

Even backwards, the solo is awesome.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:19 pm

it will agree on that but it is my favourite solo of all time so im biased
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 pm

TheGooch wrote:
it will agree on that but it is my favourite solo of all time so im biased

it is a good solo, but i think Page could ve did a lot better thent again he isnt the greatest lead player. The verse is what makes this song special..
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:52 pm

All these back masking allegations always seem to be reaching a little bit.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Schbopo wrote:
It's definitely on my top 100.

Which is right here: https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/my-100-favorite-guitar-solos-t7232.htm?highlight=solos

66 is a good spot 4 it
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:05 pm

yeah maybe. i dont know if it is a purposeful back masking but there are parts that have uncanny clarity of speech for it to be a coincidence perphaps.

i always love the feel that Jimmy Page had in his playing. even if he never played a trillion notes a second or whatever
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Here's to my sweet Satan! There's one little path who's power is Satan!

🤘 Stairway to Heaven backwards 505193 Cool
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:08 pm

A buddy of mine in HS actually listened to the whole album backwards. He found something provocative on the Battle of Evermore backwards.

"Man will fight a (the?) war with the beast, damnation and Hell Flame".

Something like that. It's a stretch, but it was interesting (to a 17 year old, at least)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:21 pm

i wouldnt go that far to listen to the whole thing backward. i have listened to the whole album forwards five times in a row now. its so good it never gets boring.

in the forward version of stairway i would like to point out the line "and you know sometimes words have two meaning". could this be a hint about the back masking
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:22 pm

I remember when I was a kid this moron preacher would come to town, preach against the evils of rock music and than as part of his routine he would play ' Stairway to Heaven" backwards. He claimed it said my sweet satan, and all sorts of crap, but what it really said when you played it backwards was " Buy more records"
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:26 pm

controversy always sells records. it worked for ac/dc and guns and roses. lets be honest how would you know that writing some lyrics forward would say something else backwards. either that or led zeppelin are the greatest song writers ever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:23 am

Redrum! Redrum!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:26 am

tohostudios wrote:
Redrum! Redrum!

classic!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 am

Do you know what happens when you play a country album backwards? You get your wife, truck and dog back!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 am

Ba-dah-dum!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:06 am

I had a buddy in high school and he could play his turntable backwards. We listened to Stairway... and heard the "Here's to my sweet Satan". We thought that made the song that much cooler. Haven't made any sacrafices to any golden idols or anything, but it was really nifty to hear when you're 15 and just getting into metal.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:16 am

My favorite example of backmasking was on J Geils' "Love Stinks" album in this weird spoken word piece called No Anchovies Please.

The narrative is talking about people being taken to a land where people were speaking in a strange language. What came next was a bunch of gibberish. When you spun the turntable backwards, the gibberish became "It doesn't take a genius to know the difference between chickenshit and chicken salad."

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:44 pm

I hate these kind of things. I dont see bands sitting at home writing lyrics and saying.. You know what would be cool is if I wrote lyrics and if someone plays the song backwards there will be a hidden message or different lyrics. Who or why would they really do that? I can understand taking something from a song and playing in backwards as a cook effect or something but to actually do a whole album that way or a whole song just doesnt make sense to me. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to do such a thing. Its all just coincidence. If I recorded everything that I said in a day and then played it backwards im sure there would be something questionable in there as well so as far as these things go its just nonsense.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I hate these kind of things. I dont see bands sitting at home writing lyrics and saying.. You know what would be cool is if I wrote lyrics and if someone plays the song backwards there will be a hidden message or different lyrics. Who or why would they really do that? I can understand taking something from a song and playing in backwards as a cook effect or something but to actually do a whole album that way or a whole song just doesnt make sense to me. Not to mention the amount of time it would take to do such a thing. Its all just coincidence. If I recorded everything that I said in a day and then played it backwards im sure there would be something questionable in there as well so as far as these things go its just nonsense.

Agreed. I also think those "preachers" that did "seminares" about the "evils" of rock music don't get it. But, you have to love the brainless "sheep" in the audience that eat it all up as if Jesus was standing in front of them giving a sermon!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:22 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I don't think bands do this on purpose either (at least not in the beginning), but I do find it amusing. I wonder, as an experiment, if anyone has played something like gospel music backwards and "found" Satanic messages?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Anyone remember the "Bloom County" comic strip where crusading reporter Milo Bloom played a Twisted Sister record backwards, hoping to hear Satanic messages, but what he heard was "Gooooo to churrrrrrch... saaaaayyy your prayers..... tithe! Tithe!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:57 pm

I listen to music fowards,dont really care what it says backwards
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:59 pm

Backward masking definitely exists (as on that J Geils record I mentioned earlier) but it's not in the form that the fire and brimstone preachers of the 80s used to talk about. You can record something backwards on purpose but when played forward, it sounds like gibberish.

There's no such thing as "hidden messages" when normal words are played backwards however.

PostSubject: Re: Stairway to Heaven backwards   Stairway to Heaven backwards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stairway to Heaven backwards
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next