Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Dropkick Murphys

Go down 
+3
Olafsto
Stender
tohostudios
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Christian Dropkick Murphys Empty
PostSubject: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Olafsto hipped me to this band, Flatfoot 56. I'd never heard of them before but the subject line of this post perfectly describes their sound.

I currently have Jungle Of the Midwest Sea but based on the stength of this one I also ordered the earlier album "Knuckles Up".

I can't believe that there's a Christian band that is truly punk in sound with bagpipes and mandolin, gruff vocals, punk vibe, etc.

I know several people here like Dropkick Murphys so I thought I'd let them know about this band. I think the album I currently have by Flatfoot 56 sounds better than the last two DM album IMO.

If you like Dropkick Murphys, I'd definitely recommend checking out Flatfoot 56.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks for the hint. I was looking at their stuff on Firestream, but I didnt know if they were worthwhile or not...thanks!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:13 pm

They're worthwhile for me.

I'm a sucker for the Celtic/punk sound but I want it to sound "real". Lately, the Murphys seem to be doing it "by the numbers".

This band however seems real. One look at the liner notes and the bands they've opened for should put any credibility fears to rest.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Great band!!!
Celtic Punk is one of my favorite genres.
No one can touch the mighty Dropkick Murphys imho.
But this young and coming band really blew me away when i first heard them.
They are definitely going to be among the big names if they keep going this strong!
If you are in to Celtic Punk, you really need to check them out!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 4:30 pm

I just started listening to the new Real McKenzies and I'm really digging it too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just started listening to the new Real McKenzies and I'm really digging it too.

I just bought 10,000 Shots and Off the Leash thanks to you recomending them Toho Very Happy .
Haven`t had time to listen to them yet though, I seem to buy more music than i have time to listen to these days.. Sounds familiar anyone? Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Definitely sounds familiar to me.

Oh, and I was sort of disappointed in 10,000 Shots. It's not bad but I like Clash of the Tartans, Loch'd and Loaded and Oot and Aboot better.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:12 am

Finally got time to listen to 10,000 Shots Toho!
What a great band/album!!!
Now i have to buy all their albums, my wantlist is soon bigger than my collection Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:27 am

Olafsto wrote:
Finally got time to listen to 10,000 Shots Toho!
What a great band/album!!!
Now i have to buy all their albums, my wantlist is soon bigger than my collection Smile
Christian Dropkick Murphys 505193

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 am

Looks like we`re the only ones into Folk/Celtic Punk here Tohostudios Smile .
Maybe we can use this thread for everything related to this genre?
Did you check out The Killigans?
Great band from Nebraska, and one of my favorite Folk Punk bands..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=12545551
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Never heard of them but I'll check it out tonight (Myspace is blocked at work).

I assume you've heard Flogging Molly.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:52 pm

Flogging Molly are also great..
Drunken Lullabyes is high on my all time favorite albums list...
Let me know what you think of Killigans, i think you will like them.
They have been touring, with Flatfoot 56 opening for them.
Their song Santy Anno is totally killer...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:56 pm

Do you like any other Celtic music besides punk? I like Celtic music in any and all forms.

For Celtic hard rock, I like Wolfstone, The Oyster Band, Horslips and Seven Nations (except their last one). But I also like folkier stuff like Great Big Sea.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:17 pm

I like a lot of Celtic music besides Punk.
I even listen to a lot of Traditional bands like The Dubliners and The Chieftains.
Clannad, The Waterboys, Wolfstone, Christy Moore, The Pogues are some other favorites off the top of my head.
I also like a lot of Folk inspired Metal like Cruachan, Finntroll, Wuthering Heights to name a few.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Quote :
I also like a lot of Folk inspired Metal like Cruachan, Finntroll, Wuthering Heights to name a few.

Yep, I have those. How about Elvenking?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 pm

Actually never gotten around to check them out.
What album would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Probably Heathenreel. They're a good listen if you don't mind some growling.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 3:47 pm

Hmm, growling is a huge turn off, but i can tolerate some if the music is good. I`ll check them out online before i buy....
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Yeah, I can't stand growling either unless the music is really, really great. I wouldn't say Elvenking reaches that level but they are a good listen when I'm in an aggressive mood.

So, since this is our own thread Ofafsto, about Wolfstone. What song is your favorite?

Mine is a tossup between the instrumental The Howl and the more AOR The Prophet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:42 pm

I haven`t heard all their albums, but White Gown is a great song.
They do have a lot of very good instrumental songs (instrumentals are useually not my thing).
Listening to Braes of Sutherland right now, a beautiful ballad!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:15 pm

Flogging Moly will probably play in Sarpsborg next year. You should come visit me, Olaf. PUNK I PARKEN II

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:44 pm

That may very well happen Kurt, when is this?
Is there any info online?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Do you guys like The Tossers???
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:47 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Do you guys like The Tossers???

I like them!!
I have The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death and Agony.
I was close to ordering their new album a while back, but i have spent so much lately so i have to wait til over Christmas..
Their albums have some of the greatest cover art i have ever seen.
Are you a fan EvyMetal? And have you got their latest?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:26 pm

The Tossers- I didn't know that they had a newer cd out than Agony, I only have the two cd's you've got there, but they're one of my favourite celtic punk bands out there.

I was just checking Flatfoot 56 out today, and I find it pretty cool that they usually end all their shows playing Amazing Grace on the bagpipes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Dropkick Murphys   Christian Dropkick Murphys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Dropkick Murphys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next