Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records

Go down 
+13
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
mr.electric39
nevermore
kethdredd
metalken
Fat Freddy
kmorg
sam
Thrasher73
Stender
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Quote :
Arnion is thrash metal from Brazil in the vein of Kreator
HAHAHAHAH This guy really needs to brush up on his metal.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

Some people judge metal only by the vocals. So they say if it has raspy vocals then it is like KREATOR. I wonder if KREATOR is even one of their chief influences.

A lot of the comparisons I read on the net in press releases and such sound bogus to me.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Quote :

Well, this is the same guy who put a sticker on the new Faith Facotr CD, statng they were similar to Sacred Warrior, Helloween and Dragonforce!

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 pm

My two favs retroactive listed are...

Sardonyx--majestic serentity

"reissue of extremely rare crunchy thrash metal at its finest"!!!

The Lead--hardcore for jesus 1985-89

"48 tracks of slayeriffic speedmetal classics"

Sardonyx is powermetal and The lead was hardcore punk with a little crossover later....pretty accurate descriptions I guess..... scratch
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:03 pm

It's no different than any other label. They are using "buzz" bands to sell their products. He can't exactly say,

"48 tracks of sh*tty, noisy punk"

Well, actually, maybe that would help to sell those, but you get the point. I see those sorts of comparisons made by record labels all the time.

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Quote :

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:28 pm

To be fair, SARDONYX did have a Thrash edge...much like ICED EARTH...they were not "pure" Power Metal like, say, GAMMA RAY...
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 am

I didn't see mention of the new Ultimatum CD. Is that still scheduled for next year?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:09 am

biddle wrote:
I didn't see mention of the new Ultimatum CD. Is that still scheduled for next year?

Yes it is. An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 604261

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:13 am

Quote :

lol! That would get him more sales, probably!
Back to top Go down
zelote
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:46 am

Nice interview, Reroactive is a great labe.
The Vengeance Rising Tribute CD sounds like a very good news ,i keep my eyes open
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
To be fair, SARDONYX did have a Thrash edge...much like ICED EARTH...they were not "pure" Power Metal like, say, GAMMA RAY...

Sardonyx is FAR more power metal than Gamma Ray is! The whole meaning of the term power metal is heavy metal with a thrash metal edge! Heavier than metal, not as fast as thrash!

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:45 am

GAMMA RAY is more German Power Metal with Speed influences, yes I think there is a difference between US PM and German PM.
SARDONYX is close to what once was called Power Thrash.
I can not really compare them to an other act.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 pm

kmorg wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Sardonyx is FAR more power metal than Gamma Ray is! The whole meaning of the term power metal is heavy metal with a thrash metal edge! Heavier than metal, not as fast as thrash!

Well, when I hear the term "Power Metal", I think GAMMA RAY and all those fast, "happy chorus" Metal bands...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:56 am

I wanna get my Oracle CD signed by the singer. Anyone know how I can get in contact with him? surprised

Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalgiant

Number of posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:28 pm

The ORACLE singer, he moved to India, to play in a local Grindcore band.
The band is called SHAWNIFICATION and has already released a CD with 40 songs and a fulllength of 15 Minutes.
It is really cool stuff but different from what he has done before.
The cover picture shows some hard working indian elephants in spikes and leather , pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

bump, so it doesn't get lost.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:47 pm

This is cool. Can you do an updated interview for the board Ult?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records   An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An interview with Matthew Hunt, Retroactive Records
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2