Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just curious

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
Addy
T-Roy
DeathCult
XYZ
Schbopo
skullsmasher
mc666
kmorg
UltraMagnus007
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 am

About how pieces of music (Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, etc.) do you own? (MP3s do NOT count)

I have approx. 1,970 CDs.

I ask because I know I'm just a turd when it comes to collecting compared to some of you guys. Plus it makes me wanna dance. dancingthing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:42 am

Last time I counted up (which was earlier this year) I had 700-something CDs, about 150 tapes, and about 100 vinyl LPs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:48 am

I have 3,000 plus CDS ( about 100 of those are my wife's), about 100 tapes, and 250 vinyl albums. I also have like 75 concert VHS tapes and 80 concert DVDs.

You might say I am slightly obsessed with music.
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 am

Quote :

Just a bit. Smile Your wife hasn't threatened you with the "Its either the Cds or me" bit? Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:53 am

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Just a bit. Smile Your wife hasn't threatened you with the "Its either the Cds or me" bit? Smile

At least once a year. Smile She is cool with it, but I have to slowdown due to money issues and space, also when I replace a tape, vinyl, or VHS copy I get rid of that format, I do even bother selling it I just give it away.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:54 am

I have just short of 3200 CDs, around 800 vinyl albums and about 50 concert DVDs. I also have about 600 non-concert DVDs.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:27 pm

stopped counting a while back but I have just over 15,000 tracks on my Ipod. All ripped from CD's I own. I never buy and don't own any mp3's unless they have come from a CD I own. Not sure how many albums this equates to. I only own a very small amount of Iron maiden Vinyl for collectors purposes only.

I had a count up of music/concert related DVD's and it is 122

Last edited by UltraMagnus007 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Been a long time since I did an actual inventory, but it's somewhere around 5000 CDs, 100 LPs, 150 DVDs...something like that.

Oh yeah...and lots of credit card debt.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:42 pm

At this point in time I'm not even sure. Estimate somewhere around 3000 CD's, 20 or some music DVD's, and 2 vinyl LP's. Oh, I also own some Ultimatum demo tapes, and the Moshketeer cassette.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 pm

i have a lot of stuff. still in the process of cataloging it all, if i ever get off my lazy ass that is. i won't even venture a guess at this point.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 pm

This is not all my titles, but if anyone wants to count them:

http://www.metal-archives.com/usercol.php?id=6359&nickname=kmorg

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:25 pm

I have between 1500 and 2000 vinyl albums about 300 cassette tapes and close to a 1000 CDs. I used to buy just about anything that looked like hard rock or metal back in the 80s then came marriage and kids so my collecting slowed to almost a complete stop. I have been in the process of recording my tapes and vinyl to mp3 format and playing a lot of this old stuff on my pc and Ipod. It isn't the best quality but it allows me to hear this stuff again a whole lot easier than filing through albums and tapes looking for something in particular. Even if I never bought another CD or album I have enough music to keep be bust for the rest of my life, that said I still feel that urge to always have something I have never heard before.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 4:22 pm

I will always collect music, it is one of the few things in life that has kept me sane and I love music, no way to describe it, actually I will quote Jimi Hendrix:

Music Sweet Music
I wish I Could Caress
"Manic Depression"

Despite the number of CD's, etc, I can tell you about thousands of other CD's I wish I owned, and of course their is lot of music to be discovered, but I have slowed my collecting kids, wife, etc.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I have maybe 60 or so CDs, 4 cassettes, and 1 vinyl album.
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:26 pm

Good start, Schmoopy. How many of those did you find in the Earth?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm

Only one

Smile
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
This is not all my titles, but if anyone wants to count them:

http://www.metal-archives.com/usercol.php?id=6359&nickname=kmorg

1929 albums. Just copy and paste into Word and do a line count.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
i have a lot of stuff. still in the process of cataloging it all, if i ever get off my lazy ass that is. i won't even venture a guess at this point.

I'm in the same boat as Evil Lord Montymort here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:12 pm

15 cd's!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:18 pm

about 700 to 800 CDs

Maybe a handful of tapes

Hehe Mp3s I know i know id say about 5,000
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:44 pm

T-Roy wrote:
15 cd's!

That's what I'm talkin' about, Digital Boy! Smile
Back to top Go down

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:05 pm

5,722 albums listed on my Excel spreadsheet, but that's not everything and it does include the 20 or so music DVDs I own. I'd say once I get everything logged, I'd have just over 6,000 albums.

This year alone, I've bought 1,042 albums. Got them all listed in a little drop-down box here: http://getcharocksoff.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

This year alone, I've bought 1,042 albums. Got them all listed in a little drop-down box here: [url=http://getcharocksoff.blogspot.com
http://getcharocksoff.blogspot.com[/quote[/url]]

Dang!!! at $10 -$ 18 a disc how can you do this? If I get 10 to 15 a year anymore I feel good.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Quote :
(Vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, etc.)

Combined....maybe 450 total (350-60-40??)

I get nervous when my CD count is above 300 so I've been selling some and limiting my intake.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 3:57 am

when i was living with my parents at the age of 18 i had maybe 1000, all i used to do was buy cd's with my income. Now i only buy cd's from bands i really enjoy. My cd count is probably around 50. Alot of them come from a friend who has a great cd formatting business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just curious   Just curious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just curious
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next