Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Random Dio Question -- Just Curious

Go down 
+6
Rex
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:25 pm

I just put on Dio's MAGICA (2000) and something occurred to me... I have never EVER listened to the last track, a nearly 20-minute spoken word piece by Ronnie called "Magica Story," in its entirety. I love the MAGICA album but this pointless track always puts me to sleep. It seems rather unnecessary as well, because the entire "Magica Story" concept is spelled out in a special foldout inside the CD booklet.

Has ANYONE ever made it all the way through "Magica Story" or do you all skip it (as I have done for the past seven years now)?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:29 pm

That album overall put me to sleep but I did enjoy maybe a track or two.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:36 pm

I really enjoy Magica. When it first came out I listened to it over and over again in anticipation of seeing him perform the entire CD live. It was a great show and it helped me appreciate the CD even more.

As for the question, yes, I listened to the entire story once and then never again.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:45 pm

I did at my security job, which was just sitting in my car for 10 hours.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 2:54 pm

I think I listened to it once. About like most of Dio's last few solo albums. I'm glad he's back with Black Sabbath, this music on his last several solo discs have been rather snoozy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 pm

SKIIP. I'm only interested in the music (pretty good,too)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 am

Listened to it once and that was all she wrote. As for the music, out of all the Dio albums I've heard from the first track to the last (Lock Up The Wolves, Magica, Kill The Dragon, Master Of The Moon, and Strange Highways) it is my favorite. I never got any of his older albums (a regret I've admitted in a previous thread) but they are on my priority list (especially Holy Diver, which I'm hoping to find used somewhere).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 am

I think Dio's recent solo efforts have been great! 🤘

Magica is no exception, in fact, that lp was the return to greatness for him, but he'll never make it as a narrator! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 10:18 am

Love the album, but only made it through the story once when I first got it. Ronnie James' speaking voice on the track always makes me think of those things in museums where you push the button and the exhibit is explained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 12:17 pm

candlemass wrote:
I think Dio's recent solo efforts have been great! 🤘

Magica is no exception, in fact, that lp was the return to greatness for him, but he'll never make it as a narrator! lol!

I also love ALL of Dio's newer albums. They are great!

I might not listen to the narrator track each time I crank the cd, but I do like it - and listen to it sometimes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:48 pm

The last track should have gone on a second CD by its lonesome. It's cool, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not something that belongs on the CD with all the music. Especially considering that nearly everyone that writes concept albums can't really write. Haha.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Listened once. To story and the album itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Dio Question -- Just Curious   Random Dio Question -- Just Curious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Dio Question -- Just Curious
Page 1 of 1