Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Curious

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Those of you who still buy CD's, like me, I have a question for you. If you receive a CD and the cover is slightly ripped or bent up some from the jewel case being cracked or with a digipack the plastic CD holder is cracked etc. or the cover is creased what do you do? I received my Motorhead "The World Is Yours" double disc digipack today and the plastic that holds the CD in it is cracked up some. The disc are fine and so is the outside cover. Obviously unlike a jewel case though I can't simply change out the disc holder part. I'm really anal about this kind of stuff so I usually just order another one and hope for the best. I hate being this way though as it get's expansive sometimes and I'm also the same way about getting a used disc if it's scratched up. I just find another one to order and try again. Am I going overboard or are some of you the same way? I'm really interested in your opinion Scott Waters as I know you have a huge CD collection.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 3:14 pm

I read the title and thought this thread was about gay experiments.

As for the actual topic, I don't care that much to replace my copy. It annoys me, but I will find a way to live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Lari wrote:
I read the title and thought this thread was about gay experiments.

Laughing very hard

But seriously folks... cracked CD cases/hinges/center teeth are a pain in the ass. If it's a standard jewel case those are easily replaceable, so that problem is easily remedied. On a digipak though, you're pretty much screwed. I've never felt particularly compelled to go out and buy another copy of the same disc, though. I barely have enough spending cash to buy a new CD once, nevermind twice. Very Happy

The only time I was able to "repair" a digipak was when the plastic tray that holds the CD had come unglued from its spot inside the back cover. I very carefully scraped away the spots of "old" glue, put a few drops of fresh glue in the proper spots, then left it between two heavy books for a while till the glue dried. That was a fairly easy fix.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I hate the broken case situation (hinges,cracks,center rings etc). Any issues I have get replaced.

Last edited by 007 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 4:15 pm

If I pay a crazy price for something, I expect it to be close to perfect. However for the price of an average cd new or used, I don't really care about slight damage. I always want full front and back covers though & printed copies won't due. Any cds that don't have covers get thrown away.

Sponsored content

Just Curious Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious   Just Curious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Curious
Page 1 of 1