Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just Curious...

Go down 
+12
EvyMetal
DeathCult
SideShowDisaSter
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Shiney
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Collectors.

How many CDs do you have? If you collect vinyl how many of those do you have? Do not include MP3s, theives. Smile

Personally, I have just over 1,300 CDs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:04 pm

I haven't counted in a while but I'm somewhere between 600 and 700 CDs.

I have less than 100 cassettes left since I've been on an "upgrade to CD" kick lately and about 100 vinyl LPs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:08 pm

Right before the new year and before cdtracker.com went all NRA, I had a catalog of 1,180-something cd's. I've lost count since then and haven't updated my current records, but I'm probably close to or over 1,200 by now. But don't tell my wife that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:14 pm

Just checked my spreadsheet.

I have 3,026 CDs. And that's counting titles not actual discs and only factory-made discs.

I also have about 700 vinyl.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:19 pm

I have probably around the 1300-1400 mark...but I recently gleaned out about 500 titles to sell off...

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:28 pm

I keep everything listed in a spreadsheet, so that number includes CDs, vinyl, a few music DVDs, and demo tapes (I don't include the few regular cassettes I have still). It's mostly CDs, though.
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:32 pm

Shiney wrote:
I recently gleaned out about 500 titles to sell off...

**clears throat**
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I haven't counted in a while but I'm somewhere between 600 and 700 CDs.

Thats about how much I have. I wish, I WISH I had so much more but that is my fault for all the junk I've spent my money on in the past. Which, is the main reason I am in so much debt. All you young dudes out there, stay away from credit cards and lottery tickets-they are EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Quote :
All you young dudes out there, stay away from credit cards and lottery tickets-they are EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I blame Ult and Kmorg. Their website reviews have cost me a fortune in cd purchases.
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:59 pm

I blame you guys! I bought over 1,000 CDs last year! If it weren't for Scott and his stinkin' site I'd never have discovered lala (and then SwapaCD) and this forum. My house is going to be foreclosed on because of you guys! Sad
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Quote :
I blame Ult and Kmorg. Their website reviews have cost me a fortune in cd purchases.

Me too! Between those places and the CMR and here I've gone nuts the last 2 1/2 years. However, as you will soon see "NUTS" for me is quite tame for you's guys.

About 350 cds
About 55 cassettes
15 LPs and about 30 singles on Vinyl

I'm a lightweight and I'm trying to slow down. I think 30 new cds a year should be just about right from now on.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:26 pm

About 900 to 1,000 cds, I'd guess. I also still have about 400
cassettes and around 100 vinyls, but some of those are duplicated
titles.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:46 pm

Send your Iron Maiden vinyl to me. Just Curious... 927150 greedy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Quote :
I think 30 new cds a year should be just about right from now on.

Yikes! I've already bought more than that this year.

scottmitchell74

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:57 pm

I've got to get a handle on things. The creme de la creme for me only. Not a 9/10 or better and your gone!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Yeah I hear ya. Cats are a lot cheaper than kids too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Around 4,000 CD's. I really went nuts buying EVERYTHING remotely heavy from the 70's for a couple of years, until it felt like an addiction. I've really tapered off now, but I miss the excitement of waiting for packages all the time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Quote :
but I miss the excitement of waiting for packages all the time.

That really is part of the fun of buying for me too. It was cool when I came home today and had 3 packages waiting in the mailbox.

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:07 pm

Less for me every week - more for you!! http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsaxon1500
(yeah - I'm a ho)
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:16 pm

I've already bought almost 300 this year. Haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 pm

Quote :
but I miss the excitement of waiting for packages all the time.

That's big!! I get mad when there's no music in the mail.

But for me it start to feel like and addiction. Plus, I like having cds in rotation and getting to know them well. I can't do that with so many cds. My knew personal policy will allow me to do so.
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:30 pm

I think mine has dipped below 10000. But I just picked up a couple hundred last week, so maybe not.
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:33 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I think mine has dipped below 10000. But I just picked up a couple hundred last week, so maybe not.
You're selling them all, right? Or are you just getting rid of the excess?
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:15 pm

Gonna TRY to get below 2000. I think I am gonna open a store for the bulk of the common stuff.
Back to top Go down

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:28 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Gonna TRY to get below 2000. I think I am gonna open a store for the bulk of the common stuff.
Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Curious... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Curious...   Just Curious... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Curious...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next